Thread: Brain Fog

Thanks

Default Brain Fog

And, has anyone noticed any positive affects from metformin on their brain fog?? I can barely hold a conversation lately it's so bad...

Thanks

Hi again: this is almost the same post.....When you go up to 2000mg, you will probably have more symptoms. However, if you can..stick to it, the symptoms will go away. Atleast, they did for me. I've been on 2000mg of regular for about 9 months. I still have the occasional stomach issue but I have started to feel better and have more energy than I originally did. It honestly took me about 4-5 months to get rid of the brain fog.
    Hang in there and good luck.
    Also, get you some good vitamins. I'm taking prenatals for the folic acid but some ladies swear by B12 vitamins. Look around the threads and see what the other cysters are doing. Everyone is pretty helpful around here. It may take a minute to answer but they will...
    Me- Terri (36) DH (42)
    DX'd with PCOS in 2008
    Meds: 2000mg of metformin, prenatals, baby aspirin
    TTC#1

Hidden Content

Thanks

It honestly took me about 4-5 months to get rid of the brain fog.
    Hi, there. It's good to know the brain fog dissipates. But, whoa, 4-5 months seems like such a long time! I started metformin ER on May 15 and am up to 1500mg/day now (1 with lunch, 2 with dinner). The fatigue and brain fog I have now is almost intolerable! Truly, it seems that I am completely incapable of getting enough sleep. I upped my vitamin B12 supplementation two days ago to see if it would help any. I bought lozenges after reading that they are better absorbed than pills. I'll be sure to update the thread if/when I start noticing a difference!

Best of luck to us all!

Thanks

BRbangle, I also am finding the fatigue and brain fog almost unbearable. And, about a week ago I started taking a B12 supplement, I wasn't on anything except a daily multivitamin before. Have you noticed it helping?? I haven't yet...but it's only like a week in so who knows.