Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default average weight loss on metformin?

hi,
    im curious to know what people have lost on metformin, alone or with exercise and diet? does it keep continuing to come of if you keep at it? or is it just a little and then it will stop? or once ur on it can you lose weight like any normal person?
    im desperate to get back to my old slender self, im not a couched potato im actually quit the opposite, iv been on met for about 1 month and nearly lost a stone 14lbs since then, i have increased my exercise a bit, i exercise everyday and eat very healthy, this is the 1st time iv lost weight since i gained 6 stone about 70lbs within a year even though i exercised and eat healthy, sorry to ramble on, im scared incase i will only be able to go so far??
    and how long on it before gettin pregnant if any have been successfull.
    anyway take care
    steph xx

steph 23 Hidden Content alan 26
    TTC:5 years
    waiting on ivf starting :-)
    4 furry babies

Thanks

I started Met in July 09 at 1000mg and worked up to 2500mg. In that time, I lost 32 pounds. My only exercise was daily walking, and for dietary changes, with the met I became violently ill when I ate anything with sugar or alcohol, so I cut those things out almost entirely. I became pregnant after 10 months on met with the help of Soy...the met/weightloss alone didn't make me ovulate.
    DX PCOS 7/09
    Became Pregnant 2nd time around with the help of Metformin, Soy Isoflavones, and weightloss
    Proud mother of two happy, healthy children
    Proud wife of one happy, healthy man

Thanks

So far I've lost 30 pounds, without much exercise (maybe once a week). I wasn't extremely overweight before, but now I realize I did have some pounds to lose! I haven't ever been this skinny & can't wait for bathing suit time
    Erin (26) Hidden Content Aaron (29)
    Dx: PCOS & mild endometriosis
    Rx: Metformin 1500mg, prenatal vitamins, exercise, & low-carb/low-sugar diet
    1st Round Clomid: 50mg, June 2011. Never got + OPK, but BFP 6-27-11!!
    12-29-11: Dx hydronephrosis (fluid in my kidneys) & taken off work early Hidden Content
    2-29-12: Unplanned induction at 39 weeks due to my blood pressure skyrocketing. Ewan John born at 2033 hours. 7lbs 15oz, 21in long
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanx guys this has made me a bit more optimistic, so no giving up now wohoo, take care steph xx

steph 23 Hidden Content alan 26
    TTC:5 years
    waiting on ivf starting :-)
    4 furry babies