Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Registered User annemaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile No! No! Hair removal device for the face! works for me!

    Hello. Just thought I tell you those of you who shave your face everyday like me about No! No! hair removal device. I have been using the No! No! for over 6 months now and could not do without it. The following has to be noted though:
    1. You still have to shave everyday. This product can be used on stubble.
    2. It says not to use on your face but I do with no problems.
    3. About every 2-3 months you need to buy a new "hot blade for stubble" for around $15 each.
    4. You have to use it twice a week.
    5. It says after you use it to "buff" off the singed hair, but I just shave as usual (use luke warm water though as the skin does get quite warm).
    I have noticed the hair doesnt grow back near as fast (I had a beard shadow by the end of the day and I don't get that now) or as thick.
    It is not a cure but it sure beats what I was doing before!!
    Here's a link:
    http://www.no-no.com.au/

  2. #2
    Registered User 808tida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Annemaree, i was looking for a review on it. BTW.. they have a new version now that you can use on the face as well.

    Question: I know the no no is supposed to burn the hair to the root, do you get the "dots"? meaning once you buff away the hair can you still see the hair under the skin that is burnt? and do you ever burn yourself? ive seen youtube reviews that say theyve burnt themselves accidentally before and got a red burn mark on their legs, would kinda suck to have a burn on my face lol.

    also for anyone in the u.s. the u.s. site is trynonoDOTcom

  3. #3
    Registered User annemaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    No, I don't get dots, but as I said, I shave the hair away, I do not buff as I feel that would be too rough on my skin.
    I've never burnt myself, but you do have to get used to the device on your arms/legs first before you get the hang of it.. hope this helps

  4. #4
    Registered User RunnerDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    where the Al and the Mon make the O
    Posts
    19,279
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    What exactly does it do? I can't seem to figure out HOW it's supposed to work...
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

  5. #5
    Registered User annemaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    This is what they say on the site:
    "conducts heat down the hair shaft and into the follicle. Like laser and IPL treatments, the heat gradually disrupts the hair growth cycle. But unlike lasers and IPLs, no!no! does not use light at all. This makes it universally safe and effective for EVERYONE - no matter the skin type or hair color, including blonde and grey hair!

  6. #6
    Registered User rakastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'd love to hear from more people that have used this on any part of their body. It sounds gimmicky and too good to be true, but it's so tempting.

  7. #7
    Grateful Sister amanda_gail_81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky (Ohio Buckeye at heart!)
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I watched an infomerical on this hair removal system and thought it was too good to be true but after reading this post I am really thinking I will give it a try. They have a 60 day risk free trial so I'll let you all know what I think about it too.
    Mandy - 30 Hidden Content
    Bill - 30 Hidden Content

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it. HE is my rock.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

  8. #8
    Registered User healthybabies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Any more thoughts/reviews on the No No!?

  9. #9
    Grateful Sister amanda_gail_81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky (Ohio Buckeye at heart!)
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine! I will let you know as soon as I try it out!!
    Mandy - 30 Hidden Content
    Bill - 30 Hidden Content

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it. HE is my rock.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

  10. #10
    Registered User rockysw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have seen some pretty bad reviews on the new one on HSNs site so I am anxious to hear more stories from PCOS users on the face. I really don't want to have to shave everyday and I have been putting off laser treatments until we have a child.

    Thanks for all reviews.
    My angel babies
    - Dylan Jacob - March 28, 2008, 8 ozs, 9 inches
    - Kealani Elizabeth - Sept 6, 2009, 1 lb 2 ozs,


    Hidden Content


    Hidden Content

  11. #11
    Registered User joyblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
    I have seen some pretty bad reviews on the new one on HSNs site so I am anxious to hear more stories from PCOS users on the face. I really don't want to have to shave everyday and I have been putting off laser treatments until we have a child.
    I'm not pretending to have used it, but it's reasonably clear how it works -- it's a slightly more sophisticated message of singeing the hair. Basically it depends on contact with the hair to singe it, burning the top part of the hair and, they hope, interfering somewhat with the growth pattern. You then have, by one means or another, to remove the burnt top part of the hair whether by exfoliating or shaving. And they hope that it takes a while for the hair growth to come back through.

    As with laser, it may well have a more lasting effect with weak hair growth. Naturally, very coarse, hormonally-stimulated hair growth is not so easily dealt with.

    I'm not quite sure your reasons for wanting to avoid shaving every day -- is it the nuisance factor or just that "women don't shave their face?" I can understand both these reasons -- however I reckon that the question is really one of what sort of facial hair has one got. If it's a light growth, there are many options that may work. If it's full male-type beard growth, some of these options are rather less effective.

    With the NoNO you still have to let the hair grow through enough for the wires to touch the hairs -- which might be OK if it was fine, light-colored hair, but might not be so acceptable if you've got very coarse black stubble!

    It would be interesting to know what side-effects there may be with long-term use of the NoNo.

  12. #12
    Registered User rockysw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    I'm not quite sure your reasons for wanting to avoid shaving every day -- is it the nuisance factor or just that "women don't shave their face?" I can understand both these reasons -- however I reckon that the question is really one of what sort of facial hair has one got. If it's a light growth, there are many options that may work. If it's full male-type beard growth, some of these options are rather less effective.
    My reasons for not wanting to shave everyday (which I do now) is that it does not last all day long and by the end of the day you feel like a man with a 5 o'clock shadow. Also, ingrown hairs and dark marks from that.

    I have had laser treatments in the past and would do it again once it is safe to do it (it is not recommended during pregnancy) and I understand how NoNo is supposed to work. But with so many negative reviews, I am hoping to see some more positive reviews before investing in such a product. If it will require long hair growth before it works effectively and does not work well for dark corse hairs, then I will avoid it. But I would like to see some more positive reviews and compare with the negative review before I make that decision. Until then, I will just wait to do laser again as well ass hormone therapy.
    My angel babies
    - Dylan Jacob - March 28, 2008, 8 ozs, 9 inches
    - Kealani Elizabeth - Sept 6, 2009, 1 lb 2 ozs,


    Hidden Content


    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    Registered User joyblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
    My reasons for not wanting to shave everyday (which I do now) is that it does not last all day long and by the end of the day you feel like a man with a 5 o'clock shadow.
    OK, I can understand that. What about Vaniqa? Or do you want to avoid that during pregnancy?

    Also, ingrown hairs and dark marks from that.
    I can understand that. I take it you're wet shaving with a blade razor. A men's-type electric razor is usually better with regard to avoiding ingrown hairs and a rechargeable one is easy to carry in a purse to use through the day, but it's not easy for everyone to get enough privacy. I'm fortunate in that my beard regrowth doesn't usually become obvious for about twelve or thirteen hours.

    I have had laser treatments in the past and would do it again once it is safe to do it (it is not recommended during pregnancy)
    I have concerns as to possible long-term risks with laser, but I think the matter of avoiding during pregnancy is probably just erring on the side of caution.

    and I understand how NoNo is supposed to work. But with so many negative reviews, I am hoping to see some more positive reviews before investing in such a product.
    Understandably you would want to see more positive reviews. I would have thought from your point of view that the same objections would apply as the objections to laser, though, while pregnant.

    If it will require long hair growth before it works effectively
    The hair has to be long enough for the wires to touch it and it can't cope with hair much longer than 1/8" -- but that means that you must be prepared to let your stubble grow through before you can use the NoNo effectively again. And since you're trying to avoid a "5 0'clock shadow" then obvious beard stubble is the last thing you'd want.

    and does not work well for dark corse hairs, then I will avoid it.
    I think this is where the real test comes. For women who have a little fine facial hair, it may work very well. But for those of us who have coarse beard growth it's much less likely to be effective.

    But I would like to see some more positive reviews and compare with the negative review before I make that decision. Until then, I will just wait to do laser again as well ass hormone therapy.
    It's interesting that your facial hair growth has continued through pregnancy. My facial hair growth slowed right down and pretty well stopped during each pregnancy. Indeed the first thing to make me suspect I might be pregnant the first time was that I was waking up in the morning with no moustache stubble. Of course the facial hair started to come back some time after the birth. Hormones in the normal female range are definitely the determining factor.

  14. #14
    Registered User rockysw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    OK, I can understand that. What about Vaniqa? Or do you want to avoid that during pregnancy?
    I have actually tried Vaniqa for a while, but maybe not long enough to see results. I moved out of state in the midst of having the laser treatments and using the Vaniqa and did not get a dermatologist here until I was pregnant. I think there have not been any clinicals on Vaniqa during pregnancy so I would probably stay away from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    I can understand that. I take it you're wet shaving with a blade razor. A men's-type electric razor is usually better with regard to avoiding ingrown hairs and a rechargeable one is easy to carry in a purse to use through the day, but it's not easy for everyone to get enough privacy. I'm fortunate in that my beard regrowth doesn't usually become obvious for about twelve or thirteen hours.
    Yes, I am wet shaving with a razor. I used to have an electric razor (women's variety). I probably should invest in another electric one since I don't have many choices right now. Diplitories don't work on me for some reason and waxing cannot get the coarser hairs. :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    Understandably you would want to see more positive reviews. I would have thought from your point of view that the same objections would apply as the objections to laser, though, while pregnant.
    Yes. We are TTC now so I would stop using it once I got pregnant or if we could get pregnant soon, probably not even purchase until post pregnancy. It is much cheaper than the laser treatments so would be a great option if it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    The hair has to be long enough for the wires to touch it and it can't cope with hair much longer than 1/8" -- but that means that you must be prepared to let your stubble grow through before you can use the NoNo effectively again. And since you're trying to avoid a "5 0'clock shadow" then obvious beard stubble is the last thing you'd want.
    I was afraid of that. Although, with the No-No, perhaps I could use it on days that I can be held up in the house for a couple of days. With Laser, they told me the same so I did walk around with noticable hair for a day or two before treatments. It's a bummer! :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    I think this is where the real test comes. For women who have a little fine facial hair, it may work very well. But for those of us who have coarse beard growth it's much less likely to be effective.
    This is a downer. Until I hear otherwise, laser treatments may have to be the one option other than shaving everyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    It's interesting that your facial hair growth has continued through pregnancy. My facial hair growth slowed right down and pretty well stopped during each pregnancy. Indeed the first thing to make me suspect I might be pregnant the first time was that I was waking up in the morning with no moustache stubble. Of course the facial hair started to come back some time after the birth. Hormones in the normal female range are definitely the determining factor.
    That is fantastic. No, mine grew still. It was horrible the first several days in the hospital on bedrest and just growing! I really thought the shaving had made it worse. Prior to learning I had PCOS, I originally had a few chin hairs that my hair dresser noticed. I did not know they were there but was not concerned because I new my mom had a few hairs that she'd pluck on her chin and chest -- nothing major. My hair dresser shaved them with my side burns a few times and more and more would grow in until I started to go for waxing and electroloysis.

    What does happen for me during pregnancy is I loose weight eating things I could never eat now and loose (chocolate, grains, legumes, etc). I start gaining the moment I pop the baby out. I am looking into bioidentical therapy now and it would be great if it helps to slow the growth. But I will not be able to be on the treatments during the pregnancy. So, it all depends on how long it takes to concieve as to when I will get treatments.

    Thanks for the information!
    Last edited by rockysw; 09-15-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    My angel babies
    - Dylan Jacob - March 28, 2008, 8 ozs, 9 inches
    - Kealani Elizabeth - Sept 6, 2009, 1 lb 2 ozs,


    Hidden Content


    Hidden Content

  15. #15
    Registered User Arina74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    I've been using this for about 6 months. I can't say that I notice the hair growing in more slowly and I have had to return the machine twice because it burnt out twice and just stopped working.

    On the positive side, I do the treatment and then buff. It is much better than shaving. No razor bumps or ingrown hairs and much smoother than shaving.

    I can't recommend it though. It's very expensive and I honestly now don't think it works to reduce hair or slow hair growth and the machine breaks frequently. I would say save your money for electrolysis or laser and in the meantime get a facial buffer instead of shaving.
    More than any pill, regular exercise can cure most of the problems of PCOS.


    We will either find a way or make one --- Hannibal.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arina74 For This Useful Post:

    Ajani (09-28-2011)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •