Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I have had my nono for 3 weeks now. I think it might be too soon to comment, because the company says it can take 6 weeks or so to realize any real positive changes. I bought it for my face (I have light moustache, but coarse, dark hair on my chin and neck, though not quite as thick as a man's full beard). So far, it seems to work on some of the hair but not all of it on my face. Since I work from home, I can let the stubble grow out a bit without too much worry about going out in public. One problem I am having is that it isn't dealing with the hair on my chin, I think because of the angle of the chin or something. It stops buzzing as soon as I try to go over that chin bone. I don't like using the buffer b/c it drys my skin out and feels weird, so I give my skin a rest for a bit then shave off the dead hairs. There is an unpleasant smell of burnt hair, but that's to be expected. Nono comes with a cream to use right after, but I tried on my face and it burned!!! My skin is too sensitive, and I don't know if this cream (which I assume is similar to vaniqua, which I've used in the past and wasn't allergic to), must be used in conjunction with the nono for the publicized effectiveness or not.
    FYI, I am also using it on my legs, I also have dark, coarse hair on my legs (though not as coarse as on my face, and it's lighter on my thighs). I get the same mixed results. I am considering doing it on my arms b/c of my gorilla arms, long dark hair on them.
    I would definitely also be interested to hear from other cysters who've used this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kristen09 View Post
    I have had my nono for 3 weeks now. I think it might be too soon to comment, because the company says it can take 6 weeks or so to realize any real positive changes. I bought it for my face (I have light moustache, but coarse, dark hair on my chin and neck, though not quite as thick as a man's full beard). So far, it seems to work on some of the hair but not all of it on my face. Since I work from home, I can let the stubble grow out a bit without too much worry about going out in public. One problem I am having is that it isn't dealing with the hair on my chin, I think because of the angle of the chin or something. It stops buzzing as soon as I try to go over that chin bone. I don't like using the buffer b/c it drys my skin out and feels weird, so I give my skin a rest for a bit then shave off the dead hairs. There is an unpleasant smell of burnt hair, but that's to be expected. Nono comes with a cream to use right after, but I tried on my face and it burned!!! My skin is too sensitive, and I don't know if this cream (which I assume is similar to vaniqua, which I've used in the past and wasn't allergic to), must be used in conjunction with the nono for the publicized effectiveness or not.
    FYI, I am also using it on my legs, I also have dark, coarse hair on my legs (though not as coarse as on my face, and it's lighter on my thighs). I get the same mixed results. I am considering doing it on my arms b/c of my gorilla arms, long dark hair on them.
    I think that what NoNo does is mainly provide women who have a relatively light growth of hair a means of avoiding the use of shaving. After all, those of us who have shaved our faces all know how difficult it is the first time to admit even to ourselves that we've shaved our face -- it seems at first that it's such a "masculine" thing to do. It can be difficult to admit even to ourselves that we have moustache growth or beard growth. If our hair growth becomes coarse, like a male's, then the NoNo just doesn't seem to be able to cope with it properly and we need to look at the range of options that males have, unless we can get our hormones into the normal female range and keep them there.

Thanks

I have tried the no-no. Didn't work at all for me. It's only burning a few hairs, most of them are left intact, even after going many times over the same area (I tried it on the legs).

To start with, the hair on my legs is not too coarse, or too much of it (I have used wax for many years), but it does become noticeable if I leave it alone for one month.

After wasting around one hour with the nono, just maybe one fourth of the hairs were gone, some of them were left alone no matter how many times I was going over the area with the no-no. It would have been much simpler (and faster) just to pull them out, one by one, with a twizer, and I thought about that, but again I thought let's keep giving it a try, maybe the infomercial was right. So I kept trying. The blades lost their efficiency very quickly (after 10 minutes), and the elimination/burning of hairs was more and more rare. I kept trying for one hour, every 1-2 days, and the hair was still there. Finally, after 4-5 sessions, I could say that more or less, the hair was gone (a very bad job, many finer hairs were still in place). The big surprize came when the hair came back, one week later, coarser, darker and more than before. The nono works just like a very, very bad razor.

Don't ever try it on the underarms, it was painful, and it looked horrible at the end, with lots of hairs left here and there, and the area red and very sensitive (burned).

In the infomercial, they show how the nono eliminates the hairs from a men's arm. My husband has a golden fluff on his forearms, so I asked him if he allows me to try it, exactly like in the infomercial. He agreed. Luckily for him, it didn't work at all, just 1 or 2 hairs were burned/eliminated, after 3 or 4 passes with the nono. When I looked at his forearm, no visible sign of the passing of the nono.
    If something sounds to good to be true...

Now I'm having problems returning it, they say because I'm in Canada, it takes time to get 'calling times to Canada'. It's already almost one month since I started calling to return it (after they made me keep it almost 2 months, otherwise they wouldn't return my shipping money they said). So now the return period passed already, and they told me to wait for their call. I call them every week, they tell me to wait their call. They have to arrange the shipping.

I made the very, very, very stupid mistake of paying it upfront, and 100% ($300).

Please, don't make the same mistake like me.

Registered User bad facial hair's Avatar
    Thanks

I came to this site because I was wanting to ask if anyone had tried the NoNo...I would like to try it, but have seen so many bad reviews. I haven't had my hormone levels checked in years, but the last time they were checked they were normal. But I've always had bad facial hair no matter what. After reading what you guys have posted on here it makes me leary of trying the NoNo...So how about lazer hair removal?? Does it work? Or does it grow back after treatment? I can't afford lazer treatments but if I knew that it worked maybe I could start saving up for it.

Thanks

You might want to check some of the other threads about laser hair removal. I know I have posted my story about it before, but here's my experience in a nutshell.
    If you want to go that route, it is expensive, so get your hormones checked first! I was not told this before I started my lhr treatments about 3 years back, though I did tell them about my PCOS. I loved the results of lhr--at first. I believe the sum I paid was for 6-8 treatments, and up to 2 free touch-ups. I felt great for nearly a year, but then the hair did grow back--and there was more of it than before I had lhr. I was told I was a perfect candidate, and it would work the best for me because I had very light skin, but very dark, coarse hair (it's black, with a few dark brown on my face/chin, mustache is light brown). But as it turns out, if your hormones are not in the normal female range, or if they ever get out of whack, the hair can grow back. That's not to say that if I won the lottery, I wouldn't shell out the $1200 or whatever it was every year to get it done! LOL. But sadly, no lottery.
    And as an update, I have now had the NONO for I think 5 weeks. I am noticing no difference. But my skin is now getting red and burnt each time I do this on my face, and that's supposed to be 3x a week. So sadly, I think I'm probably going to have to return it for the refund.

Thanks

Just a quick reply to some of your concerns... I have thick stubble and it definetely reduces the 5 o'clock shadow.. not perfect, but better than before. You can get a "stubble" blade so you can use it in the morning before you shave. I use it about 3 times a week and it slows down the regrowth.. it is much better than just shaving alone and I would recommend you give it a try.. not as expensive as laser hair removal..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
    Yes, I am wet shaving with a razor. I used to have an electric razor (women's variety). I probably should invest in another electric one since I don't have many choices right now. Diplitories don't work on me for some reason and waxing cannot get the coarser hairs. :-(
    A rechargeable electric razor would seem to be the best idea -- but be sure and get the men's type, because they're more suited to the sort of growth we're talking about and they're designed for the face.

That is fantastic. No, mine grew still. It was horrible the first several days in the hospital on bedrest and just growing! I really thought the shaving had made it worse. Prior to learning I had PCOS, I originally had a few chin hairs that my hair dresser noticed. I did not know they were there but was not concerned because I new my mom had a few hairs that she'd pluck on her chin and chest -- nothing major. My hair dresser shaved them with my side burns a few times and more and more would grow in until I started to go for waxing and electroloysis.
    Your facial hair had possibly progressed a bit further than mine. Apart from when I was pregnant with my youngest child, I had not developed any growth on my chin at all -- although my moustache growth was so heavy I was shaving it every day by the time I was 15. Yet even that slowed right down when I was pregnant. I could go two or three days without shaving. Once I passed 40 the rest of my beard growth began to come in and nowadays (55) I have beard growth that's as heavy as many males. The freedom from having to shave every day was certainly an interesting little glimpse into "normal" female life.

Thanks

Looks interesting but hmmm... not sure now after reading all the bad reviews.

Thanks

Not always i have heard that permanent hair removers do a great job,however i am still confused whether laser would be good or electrolysis..the temporary solutions for hair removal are way too temporary with many side effects for the senstive skin of the face ..hoping permanent solution to get more effective and cost effective both real soon..
    Hidden Content Eshana Hidden Content 22 ,single ,thin cyster
    Main problem - excessive growth of hair on the body.
    Currently on Spironlactone 100mg with bcp's.