Thanks

Default Makeup to cover up facial hair?

Can anyone reccommend a good and hopefully wallet friendly cover up for the shadow after removing facial hair? I have a darker skin tone and darker hair. Now that its summer its harder to hide myself. Also does anyone grow in stubble when they have it on? Does it look really bad?

Thanks

I know this sounds really weird, but I was in the same boat and thought about what kind of person would be the best to take advice from, and I found a website for...men who wear make up. Unconventional I know, but they have the same coarse dark hair to cover up with make up. Here's a link to a site that gives a detailed break-down of the steps to cover facial hair.
    (reluctantpress.com/makeup.html)

Thanks

I use kat von d's tattoo concealer along with my regular makeup. It does a good job of hiding anything dark.

Thanks

khloe...what skin tone do you have? Can you give us a celebrity with a similar skin tone?

I do something similar to what is described in the link Ashloiree provided but instead of red lipstick, i use orange. Orange is the actual color opposite blue on the color wheel, so this well work even better than red. It may be a little difficult to find the shade, but you can definitely find it among the cheap brands like jordana etc. Make sure it doesn't have any glitter or shimmers in it.

My stubble appears at around 5-6 in the evening and i usually apply my makeup in the morning. It doesn't look terrible because the orange is canceling out the blueness of the skin, but of course up close it can look like you've got something on your face.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mag-meg87 View Post
    khloe...what skin tone do you have? Can you give us a celebrity with a similar skin tone?

I do something similar to what is described in the link Ashloiree provided but instead of red lipstick, i use orange. Orange is the actual color opposite blue on the color wheel, so this well work even better than red. It may be a little difficult to find the shade, but you can definitely find it among the cheap brands like jordana etc. Make sure it doesn't have any glitter or shimmers in it.

My stubble appears at around 5-6 in the evening and i usually apply my makeup in the morning. It doesn't look terrible because the orange is canceling out the blueness of the skin, but of course up close it can look like you've got something on your face.
    Thanks for the tips everyone. Meg, my skin tone is close to say, Eva Longoria's. My problem is I do have a double-chin going on, and I also have hair growing there, so putting makeup on my chin looks odd. I tried it yesterday. I guess I should take off more weight and try when my face is smaller.

Thanks

Great topic Khloe and great tips ladies!
    @Ashloiree, your website recommendation was so helpful!!! Thank you so much! I don't think it's unconventional at all hun..even though the average non-pcoser might, lol. To be honest, some of the best hair removal advice we hirsutism sufferers can get are from men. I know it's very embarrassing to even think about asking a guy for advice, but if you're determined to keep your "hair problem" under control, you'll to do whatever it takes. I've gotten wonderful advices from men. No, I don't bring up my facial hair issues. LOL, one thing about hirsutism I've used to my advantage is that most of us have hair everywhere. I usually say something a long the lines of "hey I have irritation under my arms, I'd like to know what kind of razor and hair inhibitor product you use for your face". Lol, I also eavesdrop my male friends' conversations when they are recommending hair removal products, etc.

The website recommended Dermablend. I've heard great things about this concealer...I'm going to try it. I'll also try the orange/red lipstick trick. Two youtubers to check out: 1.) Petrilude (Conceal 5 o'clock Shadow) 2.) Colourbasis (Concealer and Beard Cover for Men's HD Makeup). HTH

Thanks

@Khloe :Oh, i have a raging double-chin as well lol. And I am around Eva Longoria's skin tone too. It's a little odd to put the makeup on the chin...but i carry it half way down the neck (blend it out with a sponge).

Now that you've tried it, did you find it to help conceal the blue-ness?
    Last edited by mag-meg87; 07-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mag-meg87 View Post
    @Khloe :Oh, i have a raging double-chin as well lol. And I am around Eva Longoria's skin tone too. It's a little odd to put the makeup on the chin...but i carry it half way down the neck (blend it out with a sponge).

Now that you've tried it, did you find it to help conceal the blue-ness?

Yes the lipstick was awesome in hiding the beard. I just didnt pick the right makeup colors that wont make me look so odd. It was very obvious I had makeup all down my neck. Its diet time for sure. Because if I can get rid of this chin, I think I may actually be able to feel a little more comfortable outdoors. Thanks for the lipstick tip!

Thanks

I was going to suggest Dermablend's cover creme, love that stuff!

I find that it looks most natural if you use as little as possible only in the areas where you need extra coverage. Dermablend recommends using their setting powder but I find that it makes my skin overly dry, and I have oily skin! Instead I use Avon's Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation. It gives a nice matte finish without the cakey-ness. Hope this helps!

Thanks

My skintone is like Marcia Cross (Bree on Desperate Housewives). Anyone else with that skin color who can advise me on a shade of red to best cover the shadow without looking odd? Thanks in advance!