Thanks

Question Why won't AF arrive???.......parsley tea or other emmenagogue? Provera 7days vs. 10?

I wish AF would arrive already so that I could get started with my cycle - I am SO frustrated!!!

This morning I was SURE that AF was coming (I had a massive headache and got a brownish-tinged "glob" of CM - and I really almost never spot). So, then I did the Q-Tip test - the first time I did it there was some pink on the Q-Tip - so, I waited and waited...again. Nothing. So I did the Q-Tip test again and then nothing. This, of course, was after I called the RE to schedule and appt. for my CD3 US. Thankfully I scheduled it on Tuesday so I have between now and Monday at 4:00pm to start! UGHHHHH

In another desperate attempt I looked online and there are a lot of "natural" remedies to try and start AF so I made myself this disgusting "tea" drink that consisted of some sage, bay leaf, oregano, cinnamon, vitamin C, cayenne pepper, a little salt, organic apple cider vinegar, ginger and some agave nectar to sweeten it. *YUCK* I don't recommend it - and it did nothing.

I have read that parsley tea with fresh ginger root can help too - has anyone tried this???

Is there anything else I should be doing?

I got done with my provera on the 5th but my RE only had me do 7 days whereas normally I do 10 days....I've never done 7 before - can that make a difference? My RE assured me it wouldn't matter...

And, yes, I took a HPT a few days ago and it was BFN besides, when I went in for a follie scan this month there was nothing over a 10mm. So, no ovidrel and no IUI.

I'm just so frustrated at my body right now!!! Why is it that when I WANT AF to arrive she won't!!!

Thanks

I hope AF shows soon for you! Its funny to ask for these things, how weird are our lives sometimes I have done 10 days of Provera once and the other cycles I have always done 5 days only and AF always came within 5-7 days (so maybe you'll start in the next day or so??). I have heard some people needing the longer course. Sometimes you need a little estrogen boost if Provera doesn't work ie: taking birth control for a month but I know that is that last thing you probably want right now. I hope AF arrives soon, otherwise maybe give your RE a call Monday to get some advice.

Thanks

The only thing that worked for me was BCP. Honestly, the break was kind of nice.

I'm curious to know if any of the home remedies have worked for others!

Me: 30 DH: 34
    DS: 11/21/11
    Ovarian Drilling Success Story! Surgery 12/22/10 :: BFP 3/22/11
    Baby girl EDD: 5/24/14

Thanks

Well, last night I had DH get me some parsley. I chopped it up and made some tea with it - it wasn't really that bad tasting to be honest, sort of parsley-ish, barely spicy - I sweetened it a couple times and left it unsweetened. So, after drinking three cups of tea last night I started copious brown spotting which lasted overnight and then this morning/today pretty much stopped. It's still there - it's just lighter. I tried the Q-tip test and the tip (and the rest of the Q-tip...sorry for the info) came out covered in brownish...spotting.

I'm having a ton of cramps and other period signs - moody, headache - emotional....but no period.

It's so frustrating because I just want to get on with my cycle but I'm starting to think I may have to do a cycle of BCP. I don't want to - but, I think I might have to.

I don't know if there is any way that if the Provera doesn't work that I could do more Provera or a week of BCP's or??? I don't know.

Well, at least if I do the BCP's I'll know when I'll start my period....unless, like last time this happened I start after taking a few days of the BCP's.

Thanks

Well, last night I had DH get me some parsley. I chopped it up and made some tea with it - it wasn't really that bad tasting to be honest, sort of parsley-ish, barely spicy - I sweetened it a couple times and left it unsweetened. So, after drinking three cups of tea last night I started copious brown spotting which lasted overnight and then this morning/today pretty much stopped. It's still there - it's just lighter. I tried the Q-tip test and the tip (and the rest of the Q-tip...sorry for the info) came out covered in brownish...spotting.

I'm having a ton of cramps and other period signs - moody, headache - emotional....but no period.

It's so frustrating because I just want to get on with my cycle but I'm starting to think I may have to do a cycle of BCP. I don't want to - but, I think I might have to.

I don't know if there is any way that if the Provera doesn't work that I could do more Provera or a week of BCP's or??? I don't know.

Well, at least if I do the BCP's I'll know when I'll start my period....unless, like last time this happened I start after taking a few days of the BCP's.