Thanks

Default Does Yeast come along with PCOS????

Hello cysters! Just hoping some of you can help...

Does anyone here experience constant and recurrent yeast infections with PCOS??

My symptoms of yeast started when all my PCOS symptoms started and im still not on any treatment to balance my hormones. I know that hormonal imbalances, especiallly the "estrogen dominance" that comes with PCO, can cause yeast infections.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

My doc gave me a pamphlet on PCOS and one of the symptoms listed was yeast infections. Last year I got an yeast infection about every month or so! It was the horrible! I used monistat to treat them but they still came back and I didn't want to go to the doctor and make a bill just so she could give me that pill so I just put up with them. I noticed that once I changed my diet I didn't get one for about 4 months or so. Unfortunately I'm just now getting over one and I'm pretty sure the reason I got it is because I have been eating nasty since my fiance came home from deployment. We went on vacation and we've had family in town so I haven't been eating healthy at all!!! So starting tomorrow I will be back to my healthy eating because yeast infection are horrible!!! It also makes Baby Dancing hard.
    Erica Hidden Content Tony
    Positive test Jan 2011!!! We conceived in Dec 2010
    Pregnancy was ectopic I had surgery Feb 9 to remove ectopic
    and ended up having to get my left tube removed
    Prenatals, vitex, red raspberry leaf capsules
    dim plus, evening primrose, fish oil, and PGX
    We will start TTC again in May

Thanks

I would definatly think that they go hand in hand. I had problems with them for a while and still have the ocassional flare up. Less sugar and white flour in your diet will help a long way. Yogurt is helpful. I hatde wasting so much money on OTC creams and supps, but did not know what else to do. I try to take a more natural approach now. There are many natural ways to treat this that are less expensive and less harmful to your body example are coconut oil, tea tree oil, Golden seal, and of course my favorite that is a antifungal(yeast) antibiotic and contains probiotics GARLIC its smell isnt the greatest and well I am not going to go into all the details of exactly what you can do to use this as a remedy but is your interested you can google it. I suffer bowel problems from this condition also and if I use it in a weird way it REALLY helps with that. Goog Luck finding what works for you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've yet to develop a yeast infection of any sort - I think it varies from woman to women as to how common it is ... but I do know that the higher your sugar levels are the higher your chances are for it.
    PCOS 1985
    Diabetes 2003
    Married May 2nd 2008
    Glumetza 1,000 mg once a day
    Lantus 34 units at night
    Humalog 10/10/16 units before meals
    My blog - Hidden Content