Thanks

Default How much chromium do you take?

What dose of chromium do you feel is most effective? THanks!!

Thanks

Hi
    i also wanna ask abt chromium i am ttc and taking NPC.PRENATAL VITAMINS,VITEX,DONG QUAI can i add chromium too? from where i can get it? .thanks in advance

Thanks

When my diet and fitness guru put me on chromium he wanted me to take 5 a day but now I a down to 3.

I take the GTF chromium and find it excellent.

Helen
    1 Failed IUI 3 Failed IVF/ICSI: flowers:
    Successful 4th IVF attempt Hidden Content
    Rowena Mary Quinn born 31st Janaury 2006 Hidden Content
    Participated in Irish documentary on IVF
    called Making Babies
    Check out my website:Hidden Content

Thanks

I am currently taking 500mcg of Chromium GTF every morning. I take a second 500mcg in the evening, only if I am having a very high carb dinner. I am debating buying 300mcg pills and splitting my dosage, for a combined dose of 600mcg a day.
    Dx 2002 after a year of my own research. That research and much prayer lead to our two blessings, born in 2004 and 2007. Hidden Content

Thanks

Default 400mcg a day here...

I started off taking one 200mcg chromium picolinate pill a day, (as suggested on the pack) and after a few weeks upped it to two pills a day because I didn't feel as though one was enough - I still had afternoon sugar cravings. I have read that up to 1000mcg is safe, but I think I would be too scared to take that much; it is a heavy metal after all! Having said that, I really believe that it has helped with my freaky need for carbs!

Suhani, if you are not diabetic or taking any insulin sensitising drugs like metformin, then you probably can take chromium. You should be able to get it from wherever you buy your other vitamins. There are two types - Chromium Picolinate and Chromium GTF, so check the box to see how much actual chromium you are getting per dose.... good luck!
    me: age 32, afro-caribbean dh: age 37, scottish married july 2000
    Dx: February 2003
    BCP 1996-97 (made me unbearable)
    Sx: annovulation 3 years after BCP then v. irregular AF, overweight, mildly bad skin, mildly hairy, skin tags, dark patches
    Took herbal prescription containing Vitex, also Multivitamin and Mineral, Chromium, B-Complex, Co-Enzyme Q10, Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc, Evening Primrose Oil and Folic Acid (just in case!) - AFs became regular at 35 days - IT WORKED!!! DS born 26th February 2004