Thanks

Default Early O or False positive on an OPK?

So this is my second round of Clomid at 100mg a day. My cycle started July 31 and since I am going out of town the 19-24 without Hubby, Dr started me on Clomid CD4. I finished my clomid on Saturday 8/7. And something told me to test on Sunday so I took an OPK and it popped up positive! I had only finished my Clomid the day before so was it too soon to test? I mean I have tested every morning since then and I even did a second test on Sunday to make sure it was right all have come up with a faint line but a line none the less. This mornings line was the lightest of them all. Do you think maybe I am O'ing early? I do not do the temp thing as I get up at different times and am constantly up and down all night long anyway. But thought it was strange so early. But I made sure to BD with hubby Sunday and yesterday afternoon and am going to try and get him to BD again this afternoon when I get home from work. What do you ladies think false positive? Is it possible to get a false positive on an OPK?

My first round my Dr did not induce AF and we started Clomid on June 28th and was told to test on the 28th of July, my Cycle began on the 31st so I figured I was O'ing late. But with this last test I am wondering if I O'd early. I am so confused. No I didn't take a OPK test the first round. I just don't want to miss our chance because the Doctor gave the instructions to take Clomid from 8/3-8/7 and then I should O between the 15th and the 19th. And to test on the 2nd.

What are your experiences. Please let me know your opinions.
    Thanks.
    Me (Amy) and DH Married 04/24/2004
    Dx'd 01/2006
    DS 06/06/2007
    TTC #2 since 06/06/2007

On a TTC Break Dr added 1500 mg of Met ER

Hidden Content

Thanks

And Of course honestly I plan to keep BD until I have to leave for my conference on the 19th. As I don't want to miss a chance.
    Dx'd 01/2006
    DS 06/06/2007
    TTC #2 since 06/06/2007

Hidden Content

Have my first pumpkin! winddrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have you successfully used OPKs in the past? Some PCOS women get LH surges through out the cycle and get false positives. I get a light line usually leading up to surge and a line the same darkness or darker then control when the surge happens.

For OPKs it's only positive if it as dark as or darker than the control line. You should take the test between 10 am and 2 pm
    ideally after holding your pee for 4 hours and not have drank much 2 hours prior to testing. Some women test in the morning and afternoon because their surge is so quick that they could miss it. GL!
    Kari (37), DH (36)Hidden Content ; TTC#2 9/13
    DS 11/2011
    Meds: Met, Synthrod
    *Detailed past treatment history in profile

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I always feel like I should test before cd12 but I have heard that if you test before cd12 and you are on clomid that you could get a false positive. This is what I have heard and I sort of don't even start testing myself until day 14 because I normally O really late. I usually get more cm before cd12 and a higher sex drive right after my last day on clomid and that is why I always feel like I am going to O..but I don't. I end up O'ing later in my clycle...like cd22 or cd23.
    Me (35) married to DH (35) for 13 years
    not preventing pregnancy since 2002
    June 2010 added 50 mg clomid days 5-9 -Negative, 40 day cycle
    July 2010 50 mg clomid days 5-9- AF started July 27th,37 day cycleHidden Content bittersweet day.
    August 2010 50 mg clomid days 5-9. negative
    September 2010 50 mg clomid days 5-9 ...still waiting and hoping.
    October BFN
    NovemberBFN
    December BFP! Hidden Content Hidden Content DUE AUG 15, 2011!

Thanks

thanks ladies I was wondering I have never used an OPK before this so I wasn't sure. And didn't know if Clomid gives you a false positive. Sucks cuz I feel like the pressure to perform got to hubby today. He wasn't able to release. But I know we BD'd yesterday and hopefully again tomorrow night so we will see.
    Dx'd 01/2006
    DS 06/06/2007
    TTC #2 since 06/06/2007

Hidden Content

Have my first pumpkin! winddrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My BD instructions were always every other day starting CD10 until you get a positive OPK, then everyday. Because I'm not really sure when O will come we try and BD every 3 days to at least have a chance. The first couple of months we TTC I put too much pressure on DH and he had issues too. That's why I implemented the given rules so there was less pressure. He didn't have to know that it HAD to be done tonight. Last cycle when I just knew I was O'ing Monday things didn't work out and we didn't get a chance before I O'd. Oh well.
    Kari (37), DH (36)Hidden Content ; TTC#2 9/13
    DS 11/2011
    Meds: Met, Synthrod
    *Detailed past treatment history in profile