Thanks

Default maintaining your weight after the HCG diet?

for those of you with experience on the hcg diet, how hard has it been to maintain your weight loss after you stop taking the hcg? what is involved in maintaining your weight? how rigid is the maintenance plan?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

My experience is that it is possible to maintain my losses but it is not necessarily easy. I'm pretty careful about what I eat but I've still had to do a lot of correction days . . . but so far I have been able to maintain pretty well, which mean that although the goal is to stay within 2 lbs plus or minus the weight I was the last day I took HCG for the round . . I've not always been able to meet that goal (thus all the correction days aka steak days) but I don't think I've ever been more than 5 lbs over. I think today is 165 days after the last day I took HCG for my 3rd round and I am 1.2 pounds below my LIW (the weight I was the last day I took HCG) . . . being below my LIW is pretty unusual for me for this round (and also for the previous one). Please check out my blog.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By the way the goal is to stay with 2 lbs plus or minus of the LIW . . . so losing more than 2 lbs below the LIW is also an undesirable thing. One of the rules of the diet is that you have to weigh yourself every morning, first thing (if you travel, you are supposed to take your scale with you) . . if you are more than 2 lbs over your LIW, you are supposed to do a correction day/steak day that day . . . regardless of what your other plan might have been . . so in that sense, it is sort of rigid. The other rule for the 1st 3 weeks after the weight loss phase is "no sugar, no starch" (and I think they really mean it) . . The only rule for the maintenance phase that starts after the 3 weeks of no sugar, no starch is just to keep weighing yourself everyday and doing correction days as required (or some interpret it as just weighing yourself everyday and aim to maintain weight within 2 lb of the LIW but that you don't have to do steak days after the first 3 weeks after the weight loss phase. . . and I don't actually know which interpretation is right - but I have been doing steak days even after the 3 weeks of no sugar, no starch is over.)
    Last edited by August; 08-24-2010 at 12:08 AM.