Thanks

Default Anovulatory...how can I fix this naturally?

Hi there. Has anyone corrected this condition through lifestyle changes? I would love to get pregnant naturally..but a bit hard when I don't ovulate! lol.

Thanks!!
    29yrs old Married my DH and best friend May 2004
    Mom to 2 angels born preterm at 21 weeks (IVF twins)
    and a 2 year old adopted miracle boy and his 5.5 month old miracle IVF baby brother!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Have a look on the alternative therapy boards...lots of suggestions there! The main suggestion seems to be around addressing insulin resistence through diet and exercise - losing weight, if you're overweight, has been recommended as a first line treatment. Low glycaemic index (GI) diets are recommended to address insulin resistance, and regular exercise - 30-40 mins of reasonably strenuous exercise at least 3 times per week and maybe some resistance training, like weights or pilates to build a bit of muscle tone. Cutting out caffeine and alcohol, if you haven't already, is supposed to help with insulin resistance too.

There are lots of supplements and alternative therapies discussed on those boards...I think every woman with PCOS experiences things in a different way, so if you are thinking about trying any herbal remedies, you might be best to have a chat with a naturopath or a chinese herbalist to advise you on what you need for your situation.

In my experience, my PCOS has been very difficult to treat naturally. I've tried a lot of different stuff and it's hard to say if any of it in particular has had any effect! There certainly doesn't seem to be any quick fix - so you might need to be prepared to be a bit patient. Like trying lifestyle changes plus natural remedies/therapies for maybe 3-6 months to see if things change gradually over that time.

Good luck!

Thanks

I think it's going to depend on what kind of PCOS girl you are. Are you overweight or underweight or a perfect weight?

I am overweight. I decided I wanted to have a child about 4 months ago. I quit drinking diet soda. I quit artificial sweeteners. I started taking a OTC supplement called Fertilaid. I walk 45 minutes a day 4-5 days a week. I purchased Pre-seed, and an Ovacue monitor to help me tell when I "O". I am taking Mucinex, Progesterone cream, and Soy for certain parts of my cycle. I am also drinking Fertilitea and Red Raspberry Tea as well. I also started taking Metformin and am slowly increasing my dose to the 2000 mark. I am slowly incorporating fertility yoga into my day as well.

There's lots of homeopathic stuff you can do, just search around the boards and create your own routine.

I discovered that part of my issue isn't that i don't "O", its that I get a secondary Ovulation which happens at a slightly later time than most women. This is very common in women. Ovacue has been a godsend for me.

This is only officially my 2nd cycle TTC. The first cycle really didnt count for us because my husband had a testicular injury around the time I O'd. Technically this is my first cycle with Ovacue. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I am cutting out all sugar, flours, and refined foods for next cycle to see if that makes a difference.

Wishing you lots of luck in your journey!
    Last edited by lavitaebella; 08-17-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks

I am seeing an ND (naturopath) and what I'm taking is in my sig. I have only been doing this for two cycles. My first cycle I ovulated; my second one I did not. Now I'm on CD 8 of my third cycle. The first month I was only taking Ovablend so maybe start with that and see how it works? I bought it off Amazon.com.
    Me (35) & DH (34) married in '08 Hidden Content
    Started TTC #1 in 5/10
    BFP cycle - 5 mg Femara 2/2-6 (cd 4-8), Ovidrel, IUI, Endometrin (3DPO-12w).
    BFP 2/27 (11dpo), EDD 11/9/11! hCG=21 (12dpo), 47 (14), 833 (21), 1644 (23), 12,629 (33).
    Our sweet baby boy was born at 41w3d on 11/19/11!
    Hidden Content

TTC #2 since 2/13. Started Clomid 3/18/14 (CD 5).

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,943 Times in 2,270 Posts

Vitex helped me to start ovulating on my own after I came off BCPs. I highly recommend it!
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

There are a lot of herbs that may help.
    But as has been said, it depends on how PCOS is affecting you. If you're overweight, maybe losing weight will help.
    If you're insulin resistant, maybe think about going on a diabetic type of diet or something to help.
    Not ovulating, then there are a few herbs that may help w/ hormonal imbalance. Such as vitex. Maca root is also supposed to help (it's a food not an herb).

If you haven't yet gotten tested, then I'd go see a doctor first. Get some tests done to see what problems you actually have so you'll know if you do need meds, or if you can try the herbal route.
    Lisa-34 DH-35
    TTC #1 since Oct 08, 4 Chemical Pregnancies (injection cycles)
    Natural BFP Nov 30, 2011 8dpo, beta#1 9dpo 7: beta#2 14dpo 113: beta#3 20dpo 1467
    Zoe born 8/8/2012
    TTC#2
    BFP 9dpo 7/6/14... stick bean stick!
    Hidden Content