Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missing Daniel & Sweetpea Mindijean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default D-Chiro-Inositol and Weight Loss?

I have stopped all my supplements (cinnamon, chromium, biotin) and stayed only on DCI. I've been taking it for a little over 6 weeks and, since it's supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks to be affective, I wanted to try it all on its own to see what happens.

Has anyone been on it more than the 8 weeks? I'd love to hear some positive stories about taking DCI. It would make the cost of it easier to take!

Hidden Content Mindi Jean Sheldon Piasecki on Facebook Hidden Content

Thanks

No one takes DCI?

Thanks

I'm taking DCI and have been since April '09. I haven't lost weight BUT I haven't gained weight which is a miracle in itself. lol I wouldn't stop taking DCI for anything. I love love love it! My skin is better (dark patches gone, acne gone, softer, less oily), hair growth has slowed where it's not supposed to be and head hair is regrowing, depression isn't an issue anymore, umm...I just feel better all around.
    Me: 36 yrs Hidden Content DH: 40 yrs
    IVF - 3dt May 21, 2011 BFP
    Tori and Gunner born Jan 4, 2012 (35 wks)
    IVF - June 2012
    BFN
    IVF - 5dt Aug 28, 2012 BFP m/c 5wks
    FET - 9 Jan 2013 BFP beta 21st-135, 23rd-405, 28th-2056
    Tamina born Sept 3, 2013 (36wks 4days)
    FET - 17 June 2014 BFP beta 26th-134 30th-450 July 3-1425 18th u/s TWINS
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you for responding! I like hearing good news about DCI!!

Thanks

I have been on DCI for 2 months now. I lost weight without exercising (first month), just taking the DCI has recommended and eating more veggies, fruit, fish and chicken, reducing sugar/caffeine intake. Moods have improved greatly, so much so, that I started back walking 2-4 miles 4 times per week. Since then, my body composition has changed (more tone & belly reduction). I am continuing to lose weight. Before DCI, hadn't had a period in 3 months, during this time my cycle resumed and was actually a "normal" cycle, no major cramps or PMS...I'm lovin it!
    ME(33), DF (44)
    PCOS since 2005
    Met 2000mg
    BFP- 03/02/14
    MMC-04/22/14

I Samuel 1:27-28
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thanks

Has anyone else noted that their scalp hair has regrown with this? I have noticed that my hair gets really oily with it which then makes my hair loss look even worse.

Thanks

I've been taking DCI as a pill (from chiralbalance) and in muffin form (as buckwheat farinetta), and I'm actually worried I might be gaining weight. I think I've been eating too many muffins

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Mindijean, i am thinking of taking DCI...are you still taking it and has it helped with hair regrowth? I have heard stories both ways, hair growth and hair loss so was wondering how things were going?

Thanks

I started taking it about two months ago and noticed that my hair was looking really greasy and made my hair loss look worse. Also I am experiencing a larger amount of hair loss and I wondered if it might be related to this supplement. All the other supplements I have taken for ages so I don't think it can be those. Can you tell me where you heard/read that it might lead to hair loss as I would be interested in finding out more about this? I don't really want to stop taking it but I think a short trial of not doing so might be useful for me to find out for certain. It's such a shame as in terms of weight loss and mood stabilisation, it's been great. The only negative to it is the price.

Please let me know. I would be interested.

Thank-you.

Thanks

It's nice to hear people's experiences with DCI. I just ordered some Chiral Balance today and can't wait to try it out! If you use the 15% off coupon and buy 4 at a time I was able to get it for $44 per bottle...instead of $59. I'm hoping it really helps me with all my PCOS symptoms!

Thanks

Where abouts do you look for the 15% off coupons? It is on Pcos Challenge?

I'm going to be ordering for the first time in a couple of weeks (just waiting til pay day). I am so hoping that it does something positive for hair loss (I can't take it anymore, dont know what to do). Chiral Balance don't appear to push the product for that symptom, but it seems that some have had positive results in that regard. Other than that, the lethargy is getting very serious for me now... I feel like I've just taken a sleeping tablet a lot of the time. I'm just never really functioning properly.

I'm going to bite the bullet and order a whole 6 months worth.
    "My Mood:click here to change"...
    - LOL, if only it were that easy
    ----------------------------------------------
    Metformin, Vitex, Saw Palmetto, Iron, Chromium, Biotin, Zinc, Mega B, B12, Vit E, Folic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Kelp, Magnesium, DCI, D3, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Daily Multi.

Thanks

Good news about DCI discounts! I just ordered 4 more bottles from Chiral Balance and it only cost $39 a bottle instead of the regular $59 per bottle! If you buy 4 or more bottles then you get a quantity discount, plus I used the code DCIFRIEND for and extra 15% off, and then they gave me an extra $20 off my total from my reward points! So make sure you create an account and get those reward points because they really do help lower the cost of DCI. This is only my second order and I had enough reward points for $20 off! I was happy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to asjas81 For This Useful Post:

popuri1 (07-22-2013)

Thanks

Oh and since this is a weight loss thread about DCI...I have lost about 10 pounds in less than 2 months being on DCI! I've been trying to eat healthier and I exercise about 30 min 3 times a week....but not totally strict about any of this. Just thrilled to see results

Thanks

I hope you don't mind me posting here but I have a question about D-chiro which may sound slightly weird but I think PCOS has made my body weird. Anyway, I have been on D-chiro for several months now - my periods are regular for the first time ever, I lost 7lbs but now that I am not exercising that's stopped (exams at the moment!!), I am trying to give up wheat, my sweet tooth has gone.

Now for the weird question I have always had hair everywhere, all over my body. In fact the only places, I don't have dark unsightly hair are my feet and palms of my hands. I used to have thick hair on my chest and I mean all over my chest. This seems to have become finer but what I have noticed now is that I often have four/five fine hairs coming out of the same hair follicle. Anyway, I decided to tweeze some out (it looks horrible) and they just easily slipped out - it was like the hairs weren't attached to any roots. Also, the 4/5 hairs are stuck together at the ends - the root end. Has anyone else had this? I am not sure whether I should stop the D-chiro but I don't want to because of the other positive effects it has.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harri6 View Post
    I hope you don't mind me posting here but I have a question about D-chiro which may sound slightly weird but I think PCOS has made my body weird. Anyway, I have been on D-chiro for several months now - my periods are regular for the first time ever, I lost 7lbs but now that I am not exercising that's stopped (exams at the moment!!), I am trying to give up wheat, my sweet tooth has gone.

Now for the weird question I have always had hair everywhere, all over my body. In fact the only places, I don't have dark unsightly hair are my feet and palms of my hands. I used to have thick hair on my chest and I mean all over my chest. This seems to have become finer but what I have noticed now is that I often have four/five fine hairs coming out of the same hair follicle. Anyway, I decided to tweeze some out (it looks horrible) and they just easily slipped out - it was like the hairs weren't attached to any roots. Also, the 4/5 hairs are stuck together at the ends - the root end. Has anyone else had this? I am not sure whether I should stop the D-chiro but I don't want to because of the other positive effects it has.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?
    Sounds like you are having good results on the DCI! I would say to keep taking it and see if the hair goes away all together. At least the hair is getting thinner and lighter, I bet it will go away eventually. I've noticed that my unwanted hair is getting lighter and thinner too. But I haven't noticed multiple hairs coming out of one follicle. I have noticed too that I only lose when I exercise.