Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Happy to finally be a Mom redsoxfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Compassionate Care Program

I was wondering if anyone has used this program? I requested an application today but they don't release the income guidelines or really any other details. Can anyone give me more information?

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I've used it- I think the main requirements are that you don't have fertility insurance coverage, and that you make less than 100k a year. Not positive though.
    We make less than half that, no coverage, and we qualified. The whole process of applying and getting it reviewed took like a week.

You can always call the 800# and ask the fertility lifelines people, they might be able to answer. They were super nice to me during the process

It's been over 2 years since I used it, so it's a little fuzzy. Your doctor will give them information too, and if you qualify, how much they give you is based in part by what your doctor says. Some women got more meds than me, some may have gotten less.

Best wishes~

***eta: As had been pointed out, it's apparently a lot less than 100k a year. Not sure how much though. We make less than 50k a year, and we qualified. I'd call and ask if they can release that information, or just apply and see what happens.
    Last edited by AnotherDreamer; 09-08-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    TTC#1 4 years
    + injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    TTC#2 injects/IUI= OHSS, BFP 10/28/13 Twins
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Stephanie- Thanks! I appreciate the info. :-)

Thanks

I'm about to send in my application, I'll let you know how it goes!
    Me - 42 dh - 43 and little girl - 4Hidden Content

Thanks

I also applied for the compassionate care program. Within 3 days I received a call letting me know that I was denied. Just so you know, my husband and I have no insurance coverage and we make LESS than $100,000 a year, so that figure is incorrect. I was also unemployed at the time we applied, and I was not even recieving unemployement benefits. We have two different house mortgages and lots of student loans, and it didn't matter. Good luck, thats all I can say! Even when they denied me they wouldn't tell me why! And they will only give you free medicine once, so they recommend you only use the program when doing IVF.

P.S. Thankfully, I was brought back to my job after being laid off and we are now paying out of pocket for our follistim/IUI cycles. Our RE has been helping by giving us some of the Follistim free each cycle. Baby dust to all!

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy0519 View Post
    and we make LESS than $100,000 a year, so that figure is incorrect.
    As I said, I wasn't positive. I just applied for it when my doctor recommended it. Sorry that you did not qualify- and that is very messed up that they wouldn't tell you why you didn't qualify I would think they could at least do that.
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    TTC#1 4 years
    + injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    TTC#2 injects/IUI= OHSS, BFP 10/28/13 Twins
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Red Sox Fan - I just got approved! I can tell you that I make far less than 100k and I supplied at least $1000 worth of out of pocket expenses over the past year that is "trying to make a baby expense"

It took just 6 days to get approved, they are going to send the form to my RE's office to find out what kind of meds I'll be using and then they'll call me back when they ship the meds there so that I can pick them up.

I am hoping they will send me the Gonal F and the Ganirelix so then I will just have to pay for the Progesterone in Oil and the hcg shot!

Thanks

Thank you everyone for all of your input.. i'm definitely nervous.. DH and i make about $60k combined, and have spent close to $4000 in the past year on expenses.. Dh thinks i'm wasting my time and we will get denied. I figure I have nothing to lose, the worst they can do is say no! Mallow, I'm glad you were approved. I'm on vacation at my parents house is Mass, which is where the company is, I got my application from them today so i'm going to be faxing them all the info this week! Wish me luck!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I too used it. I got 6- 300 iu pens of Gonal F and 1 trigger shot. which saved us like $1600. IDK if thats what ur using but i thought it was pretty generous being free and all. like others said I think u just have to prove that ur insurance (if any) doesnt cover fertility, and IDK what the income limits are but when we did it we sent it in and our annual income the year we did it for the year before was around $37,000. It was pretty simple and they are pretty prompt with it. we sent it in on a friday and knew by that wednesday if we were approved and had our meds 24 hours later.

Thanks

We applied and were declined. And we certainly don't make 100k per year. I thought for sure we would qualify. I was very disappointed with the program. Especially since I spent so long putting the application together.
    Hidden Content

Nicki
    (26) - DH (28) Married August 4, 2007
    September '10 IVF/ICSI #1
    BFP 6dp5dt but... Chemical Pregnancy Hidden Content
    FET - 12/2/10 BFP!! (still 11 frozen embies)

Our boys arrived on July 13th, 2011 at 34 weeks 6 days
    Braylon Cole 5lbs 4.8oz
    Braxton Cal 5lbs 7.5oz

Hidden Content

Thanks

I applied and was denied. I was told if you made less than $100k last year and had proof of out of pocket expenses then you would more than likely qualify. Last year DH and I made $84K and I had almost $7K in proof of out of pocket expenses. It took me a whole day to get the application together and all for nothing. When will I catch a freakin break? Good luck to you, I hope it works out!
    TTC # for over a year with no luck Hidden Content
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

Add me to the list of those denied! I am so irked. I mean, just release the income guidelines and quit wasting people's time. It is sooo much stuff to get together, like others have said, basically took a day, not to mention the fax machine was not cooperating with all the documents. I'm glad I used BIL's tempermental fax machine and didn't waste the money at Kinko's. I had $4k worth of expenses, the meds for ivf are almost $3k, and the IVF itself is $12k.. I don't get it. They really feel that people like us can afford to spend $20k a year on this stuff? I would love to know really what you have to make, i'm thinking it's less than $30k a year at this point. More credit card debt, here I come!

Thanks

That totally sucks. I'm sorry

Thanks

I've never heard of Compassionate Care - could someone advise where you go to "apply" online?
    Me - 26 (dx'd, IR, 2008) | DH - 30 (perfectly healthy) | DSS - 9
    Hidden Content Married June 2009 Hidden Content

TTC since July 2010
    --Taking a break until Sept 2012--

Regimen: DCI; Vitex; Prenatal Vitamin

Thanks

You have to call fertility lifelines and ask for the application.. they won't let you do it online. You will have to send in your 1040's, two paystubs from each person working in the household, a birth certificate, any oop receipts for TTC. Like others have previously said, they have VERY strict income guidlines.. We are on track to make only $57k this year and will have spent about $20K on expenses.. we were denied for not demonstrating financial need. I think they only give you free meds if you are below a certain standard of the poverty level. The info on the web about making 100K a year is BS. Good luck is all I can say..If you're not currently using injectables such as Gonal-F then you may want to hold off. They only cover Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Ovridel.