Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default rotated pelvis and crooked tailbone

so i had been having alot of issues with my tailbone and hips before i had found out i was pregnant.refered to a physical therapists. and found out i had a rotated pelvis and a wacked out tailbone with tons of inflammation under it. so im now taking therapy to realign everything before the baby is born. i was told it cld have fractured my tailbone if it hadnt been resolved. i was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this and did u have a vaginal delivery or a csection. i wont find anything out till the 14th when i go back to see my OB.
    Our daughter Xi'Ann 11/26/2010

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By tailbone do you mean your coxis? My coxis was jammed inward when I fell as a child. My massage therapist noticed it and I went to an osteopath who was able to mobilize it before I got pregnant. I guess it's kind of similar to what you have. No one has mentioned that it is a problem for delivery. I hope they are able to fix you up!
    Met 1500mg
    12/09 Clomid 100mg 3-7 no OHidden Content
    02/10 Femara 5mg 3-7 Puregon 75ui 6,8,10 BFP Chemical Pregnancy Hidden Content

04/10 Femara 5mg 3-7 Puregon 75ui 5,7,9
    too many follicles turning it into IVF 3dt of 1- 2 frozen
    BFP! Beta #1 299!Hidden Content Beta #2 472 Beta #3 883

It's a girl! Baby Orielle is born January 16th!

Thanks

I had a similar experience with my tailbone (coccyx) - what happened was when I gave birth (vaginally) to DD my tailbone somehow moved out of the way and stayed in the wrong spot. Well, after labor and for weeks afterwards I couldn't even sit - I had to sit leaning to one side or the other - it was incredibly painful. It also made feeding a newborn infant very difficult. Eventually I got sent to physical therapy for my tailbone because I couldn't sit - they had done x-rays and determined that I had a very, very long tailbone - the physical therapist described it as me having a tail LOL - but that it was not broken. I even researched getting it removed but apparently that can cause more problems than help. So, I went to PT for it - I didn't really know what to expect but the first visit involved the PT manipulating my tailbone (rectally - this is the part I was NOT expecting) back into place because by then the muscles down there were holding it in the wrong place. My PT also used a TENS machine on my back down low to relax those muscles - it got to, over the weeks, where she could crank it up all the way. Physical therapy for me lasted several weeks - I don't remember exactly how long. By the end of it I could sit but still had some difficulty so I bought a special "pad" (so I didn't have to use a hemorrhoid donut at work). The pad is slanted and has a cut out in the back to prevent pressure on your tailbone - that helped a lot too. A few years later now I still have some difficulty sitting directly on my tailbone (like on a firm chair) for long periods of time - it hurts but not nearly as bad as it did before. Sometimes when I adjust the way that I'm sitting from one hip bone to the other I have felt my tailbone "pop" - it doesn't really hurt but just feels weird.
    I would definitely get physical therapy if you're having pain. You may want to also get a special "pillow"/pad for sitting on.
    As far as delivering a baby next time I don't know if it would happen again during delivery or not - I really hope it doesn't. I hate the thought of a c-section but if I'm going to be in that much pain for weeks and weeks I would actually consider it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well their not reopositting it rectally (sp?) But I do use those pulsing electric pad things
    While laying on a heat pad followed by an ultra sound to break up any scar tissue andd then a deep massage
    P/t is. Pretty painful gettn the si joint back n place... So sore lol
    Our daughter Xi'Ann 11/26/2010

Lovin' my little girl! PCOShortLP's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 4 things wrong with spine/pelvis/tailbone including scoliosis and rotated and tilted pevis. I had a vaginal delivery without complications. The epidural was very painful, but that it. I am very tender to touch and have has lower back pain. Doing chiropratic care and have been to PT to learn exercises for this pg.
    Hidden Content Jessica - 28 DH James- 32 (Married 3/01/08)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I have issues/damage with my SI joints, and although my pregnancies were incredibly difficult pain-wise, my vaginal deliveries went off without a hitch.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Soon to be Party of 5.. jessnole's Avatar
    Thanks

I shattered my tailbone in Jr High and have pain EVERY day from it. It got significantly worse when pregnant and again last year when I lost a lot of weight. I have tried PT, chiropractor treatments, and was scheduled for cortisone injections this fall, but we had to cancel those due to the cost. A normal coccyx should look like a curved finger. Mine looks like a capital "L".

In my case, neither of my children ever dropped enough to allow for a vag delivery. My DD#1 was an induction and I made it to 6cm and stalled because she was so high. My DD#2 was a scheduled c/s but they had to use the vacuum on her because she was wedged up SO high! They even had a nurse putting all her weight at on my chest and couldn't force her down. I don't think I ever had a chance at them getting past my crazy tailbone!

My chiro suspects that the mess in my coccyx area is probably what prevented them from ever dropping far enough, but of course there's no way to say for sure.

If you can get treatment for the problem before you reach the delivery stage, I would encourage you to do it! Every little thing can make a difference
    Jessica (32) Hidden Content Jason (36)
    DD Madeleine 5/16/07
    DD Amelia 10/14/08

3 angels 6/06, 6/10, 7/10

BFP 10/18/10 @9dpo, EDD 7/2/11
    It's a boy!! C-section scheduled for 6/24/11
    Hidden Content