Thanks

Default Cramps and Sore Breast after Ovulation?

I was wondering if anyone experience sore breast and cramps shortly after ovulation? I am pretty sure I ovulated on Friday the 17th (possibly Thursday the 16th) and today I have been cramping. My breasts are also very sore. I have had sore breast before but never cramping like this, any thoughts?
    TTC # for over a year with no luck Hidden Content
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

It's caused by the rise in progesterone which i believe is coming from the corpus luteum () cyst that is formed after the egg is released. I came across this info the other day when i was googling ovulation pain and cysts. The cramping is from the cyst.

Thanks

I agree with Bung123. I experience tender breasts and mild cramping starting a few days after ovulation and it progresses until I get my period. Always remember that progesterone causes water to be retained in the body. The main reason for this is to prepare the uterus for a possible pregnancy by making the uterus rich in water and food for the anticipated pregnancy. Unfortunately, this same effect is felt throughout the body. Storing of water in the breast tissue causes it to become stretched leading to painful breasts and sore nipples.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yup I've experienced the full monty thanks to ovulation. I had severe breasts tenderness, food aversions, heightened sense of smell, and cramps. I thought I was pregnant! The symptoms stayed and then lessened and my period started.

Thanks

I agree with everyone on here. I ovulated on Friday and I have the same thing going on. I talked to my doctor tonight about it and she said it sounds like corpus lutheum cyst. My boobs hurt, I have cramping and a heavy feeling in my abdomen (almost feels like a water balloon in there). If it becomes too painful you should go to the ER and have an ultrasound though
    Me-30, Hubby-38
    5 Furbabies

Thanks

I have really irregular periods, one every 3-4 months but still seem to get pms like symptoms. Every month, when I feel cramps and sore breasts, I hope that I'm either pregnant or AF is coming. Neither happen though. Is this normal for PCOS? I saw an increase is my temp from a steady 36.2 to 36.8 this morning. I'm hoping that means I ovulated but I guess that's not the case either. Can we count on these type of symptoms when we have PCOS?

Thanks

I agree. Same thing happened with me. Last month was my 1st month on Clomid and after I ovulated my breasts were sore (more my nipples, like you couldnt even touch them), I was having cramps, and lower back cramps. It was weird. Its like all the symptoms of pregnancy (but obviously not because ovulation just occoured). I just finished my 2nd round of clomid on the 23rd of sept and so far no symptoms.. but I am expected to ovulate around the 30th of this month so we shall see.. but in the end hopefully itll all be worth it

Thanks

I agree that your symptoms are very normal. I always get sore nipples during and/or after ovulation.