Thanks

Default How can we improve the ovum quality??

First I'd like to introduce myself.
    I was diagnosed 4 years ago that I had pcos syndrome but no cysts.I gained a lot of weight recently. And I always had excessive prolactine but no prolactinoma, so I take some medication for that.
    Last year we decided with my husband we wanted a baby (both 34years old).
    I conceived very easily 3 times, but all of them were miscarriages.That happened within a year.

Now I am trying to conceive again but I'm afraid of miscarriage too.
    After some tests-which were perfect for both of us-and some personal research, I think that the quality of ovum is not the best. I don't know if it is the age, the prolactin-which I treat- the pcos or sth else.
    I would like to ask you..is there a natural remedy, sth you did which can improve the quality of ovum?
    Anything, even the most strange, even some food I don't know..
    I'm so afraid I will have anoter miscarriage too..
    Thank you

In love with the unborn.. shruti's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey lilium,
    Sorry for m/cs ...that was really sad!!

but you asked really a very nice Question!!
    Check out this link...an ofcourse I am also gonna follow this strictly!! :-)

http://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health
    me32 Hidden Content dh32Hidden Content
    Dx 2008

Thanks

Have you seen an RE - reproductive endocrinologist or infertility expert about the mc's and other stuff at all?

One of the most promising things I've heard for natural remedies seems to be acupuncture. I haven't done it in months but when I did it was very relaxing.

I know there are some cysters that do different diets and herbals - I don't do a lot of herbals but am trying to cut out excess sugar.

Thanks

Thank you for the replies!
    Shruti I really loved the site! I read sth about maca, the superfood of Andes..I'm thinking about it..
    I;ve started Agnus castus these days..DO you think that taking maca at the same time would have any side effects?
    Maca is a plant known for its vitamins etc. What do you think?
    I didn't have much time to explore the whole site but I'll certainly do the next days..

Infertibaby acupuncture might be a solution but I live in a small town, I work many hours so that is practically impossible for me at the time being..

I don't know..I feel sure that after 5-6 months of healthy eating, exercising and taking supplements that might work..
    I have this feeling..

Thanks

For just egg quality I would suggest Royal Jelly. But are you sure that is really all that is going on???

Did they do a recurrent m/c panel on you and check for clotting and auto-immune issues? I had three m/cs and the "magic formula" so far seems to be baby aspirin, lovenox, prednisone, and progesterone.

I also have elevated prolactin but they found a prolactinoma so put me on Dostinex. That alone can really hurt the egg quality, and vitex can help, but even then you may want to keep having your doc monitor your levels until they are normal... or else he can prescribe dostinex or parlodel for it.
    Me - Jen(36), DH - Joe(47), Married April 7, 2007
    BFP 10/08(m/c), BFP 03/09(m/c), BFP 05/09(m/c), BFP 9/10 - Boy! Garrett Randall born 5/12/11
    TTC#2 since 3/13: BFP 6/13(m/c), BFP 1/2/14... hb seen on 1/21. HOPING IT STICKS!!!!!

PCOS + Anti-phospholipid Antibodies, Thrombophilia, Prolactinomas, MTHFR (hetero)
    Taking: Multivitamin, Omega 3s, D3, B6, BA, Progesterone, Metformin, Lovenox, lots of others...
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm on Dostinex too so I have the prolactine under control.
    I have been checked for auto immune issues tha came clear.
    That's the reason I wonder if it is due to egg quality (sperm is checked,it's ok)
    I'll try some natural herbs probably and we'll see..

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Lilum: Have you been tested for clotting disorders, or uterine abnormalities, or have you done karyotyping? Those are all common test to run for repeat losses. I mean, yes it could be egg quality issues, but it could also just as easily be something else. Just my two cents. No idea on how to improve egg quality other than getting hormones in check, be on Metformin if you need it, etc... but I think getting some more testing done may be a good idea as well.

Best wishes~
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    TTC#1 4 years
    + injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    TTC#2 injects/IUI= OHSS, BFP 10/28/13 Twins
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDreamer View Post
    Lilum: Have you been tested for clotting disorders, or uterine abnormalities, or have you done karyotyping? Those are all common test to run for repeat losses. I mean, yes it could be egg quality issues, but it could also just as easily be something else. Just my two cents. No idea on how to improve egg quality other than getting hormones in check, be on Metformin if you need it, etc... but I think getting some more testing done may be a good idea as well.

Best wishes~
    I've done karyotyping test and test for clotting disorder.It all came clear.
    The only thing I haven't done is surgery for uterine abnormalities.
    But you know I don't really lose the babies..2 of my miscarriages were partial mole pregnancies..that means we never heard heartbeat so I had to get to surgery at 8 and 9 weeks.

Thanks

BTW, I was told by my accupuncturist not to take vitex with dostinex/parlodel... so if you are on one of those for the prolactin, I would ask your doc about the vitex before combining them.
    Me - Jen(36), DH - Joe(47), Married April 7, 2007
    BFP 10/08(m/c), BFP 03/09(m/c), BFP 05/09(m/c), BFP 9/10 - Boy! Garrett Randall born 5/12/11
    TTC#2 since 3/13: BFP 6/13(m/c), BFP 1/2/14... hb seen on 1/21. HOPING IT STICKS!!!!!

PCOS + Anti-phospholipid Antibodies, Thrombophilia, Prolactinomas, MTHFR (hetero)
    Taking: Multivitamin, Omega 3s, D3, B6, BA, Progesterone, Metformin, Lovenox, lots of others...
    Hidden Content Hidden Content