Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I used Proactiv while in high school after first being diagnosed with PCOS. It helped so much and at that time you have more acne than just caused from PCOS. My skin cleared up so much that I now only have small breakouts maybe once a month or less and I don't have to use anything on my face for acne.

Thanks

[

Cool.i hadnt heard anything about spearmint tea!

QUOTE=charisse**;1890607138]My acne was so bad and p
    ainful that i was on accutane but after I did that my dermo told me due to my PCOS I have cystic ance which no topical treatment can touch..And I dont want to do accutane again... YUCK ! I have been told it wont cure its self without lowering my testosterone levels and this is why they put me on spiro.. i cleared up with spiro but didnt want to be on BCP's so i got off the spiro and my acne came back.. spearmint tea is the only thing besides spiro that makes my cystic ance go away... GL[/QUOTE]

Thanks

I use Clinique Acne Solutions Three-Step System (it's similar to Proactive) and it works great for me. My skin isn't perfect, but it is so much better- before my pimples were big, enflamed, and painful but now I only have a few and they are barely noticeable with makeup.

Thanks

I sure hope proactive works. My order should arrive end of this week. I ordered it before I discovered that I may have PCOS. I will post my results after I use it.

Registered User brianabarracuda's Avatar
    Thanks

When my doctor diagnosed me with PCOS, she put me on a high-dosage birth control, and thought that might help my acne. I'm 20 and have tried LITERALLY everything on the market. I know 20's not that bad to still be getting acne, but really, acne is awful no matter the age. The pill didn't help, so she get me a prescription for Tretinoin cream. It works pretty well I suppose, but I still have some gnarly breakouts every now and again. But every little step, I guess!

Thanks

You just gave me some hope smeets...I'm currently coming off yaz and freaking out about the horrible acne and hair loss I've been reading about. I'm trying to be proactive (no pun intended..LOL). I've only been off 4 days but I've started to take hair supplements (Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin and Nails) and also have been on a very strict acne regimen. So far so good but it's only been 4 days of course.
    I experienced extreme hair thinning while on yaz and I'm scared to loose anymore...Did you have the same experience and did you shed after stopping yaz?

Registered User Caicai_princess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I tried it, but didn't clear that much acne. I used it for 5 months then stopped, because it wasn't doing much for me. I have noticed that my acne has dramatically lessened from what it was, but I honestly have no clue why.

Thanks

Proactive only helped the tiny pimples go away, not the large red ones. So I guess it depends on the type of acne. It helped my skin not be so oily though, I lived in Arizona at the time and needed something for that because it was causing other types of acne on top of PCOS acne.
    Diane-20 ~ PCOS, Hypothyroidism
    Peter-30 ~ Low sperm count
    Married since 02/23/2010
    TTC officially since June 2010
    Chara Rose born May 3, 2013

Hidden Content

Thanks

You can try Retin-A, but the process is not for the weak of heart. I do Retin-A, glycolics and vit c, mainly for anti-wrinkle regimens as thankfully my skin is clear except for the occassional stress-induced breakout and even then it's pretty minimal. However, all that said, Retin-A is supposed to be extremely effective for acne.

Thanks

I just started Proactiv on Thursday and it has made mine get worse but like one of the PP, i figured it was just going to get a little worse before it got better. I am TTC so I have to be careful what i put on my skin. I am considering canceling my recurring shipments. mainly because it is expensive but secondly, I am worried it wont work. I have cystic acne. The proactiv is helping with the brown spots left over from the acne but I can get something at the store cheaper than $30 a month.
    Jennifer (31) Husband - Colt (31) Stepson - Cody (7) Bio-son - Hunter (4)
    Clomid 100mg June 2008 - BFP July 7, 2008 - James Hunter born March 8, 2009 at 10:30pm, 7 pounds 11 oz, 20 inches long
    June 2012 - Clomid 50mg - No O
    July 2012 - Clomid 100mg - O'd - P4 23.1 - BFN 13dpo
    August 2012 - DONE TTC
    Thought I was done- BFP - December 29, 2013 - Baby due July 18, 2014

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

It didn't work for me :-/

Thanks

i have proactiv and use it from time to time. proactiv works as a secondary treatment once you are treating pcos, acne, etc which hormone stabilizing medication like bc or spiro. pcos needs to be treated from the inside of the body. either way, proactiv probably can't hurt. you can also get a prescription acne cream which will probably work better...i think I used benzaclin and its great. it gets rid of the oil really well.
    Diagnosed PCOS 2009 (thin cyster)
    Hair loss
    Hirituism
    On BC pill, spiro, and finasteride and hair loss under control
    Diet and exercise has helped improve symptoms!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have just ordered proactive the deluxe set in a complete act of desperation! I have to get rid of this acne. Nothing is working. I have tried everything and now this is my final attempt before I go mad. I will let you know how it goes but I really hope it works. x

Thanks

I've had no success with any topical treatments for my acne. I've had it for seven years now, nothing has helped.

Birth control pills did for a little while but then it came back with a vengeance.

Thanks

I used Proactiv a long time ago, I didn't really notice any improvements. However, I've been using something now which is.. sort of like Proactiv but more gentle and less harsh called, Acne-Free. It's also less expensive. Works decently and with my moisturizer I've been using I've notice my skin feels SO much more soft; not as much redness, and less of that.. icky combination acne skin I had.