Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zumba?????

Thanks

Default Zumba?????

The Y that my DD goes to afterschool is going to start a zumba class and I was wondering who has done zumba and what are your feelings about it?? Did you like it?? I am about 250lbs so is this something that I can do without feeling stupid???

I have been looking for a class that was close by without joining a gym......the Y close to where I live doesn't offer any other exercise classes and this is going to be new there so I am excited about it and just want some others opinions who have actually tried it.

Thanks
    Taryn (me) 35, Jim (dh) 51, Kaley(dd) 7
    BFP - 5/7/2011 with Femara 5mgs cd3-7, O'd cd16, BFP 9dpo!! EDD 1/19/2012
    Beta #1 12dpo = 68 p4 26.8 Beta #2 14dpo = 228! 1st u/s = May 26th
    Evangelene Rose arrived Monday Jan 9th 2012 at 1035pm

Hidden Content

Thanks

I am obsessed with Zumba. I go twice a week AT LEAST! I am not gonna lie to you...I felt like a dork when I first started, but I am now so comfortable with it that I am always in the front row now. I have been doing it for a year. It is so much fun...it doesn't feel like exercise. Of course, my instructor has a strong aerobics background...so she does more aerobic moves than sexy stuff, so I love her classes...I don't want to feel like I look like the Hippo on Fantasia. lol I would say if you try it, you have to go at least 3-4 times to really figure out if you like it. I honestly LOVE it. I want to keep going to it forever!!!!
    Lisa-29
    Jason-33
    DS Anthony-4

TTC#2 for 3 years
    Started herbal regimen through an herbalist on June 1. She really knew what she was doing. I have never felt this good in my life!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sassy82 For This Useful Post:

hopeful85 (08-03-2011)

Thanks

I have never tried it but it sounds like fun......I always liked dancing....used to go out dancing all the time when I was younger. The class is 3 days a week and if I am paying for it I will want to go every class IF possible.....plus if I am paying money for it my DH will make me go.....he gets mad if he thinks I am wasting money. I am interval walking right now just about every day and I have the 30day shred dvd that I throw in there from time to time so it would be nice to add various activities.

Hidden Content

Waiting and wanting Mferguson414's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have started zumba, and i LOVE IT! and I've only done it twice. and I've already bought zumba for wii i wish my gym offered it more than just Wednesdays. but i also have a personal trainer for 5 half hour sessions that I'm going to be doing once a week also. My goal is to lose 25lbs by April 11th. we are doing the biggest loser at work and that's when it ends. I started at 200, and with diet, exercise, and a rx weight loss pill, i am down to 193 since Feb 3rd.
    Anyway, back to zumba, lol, i was pleasantly surprised with how i didn't feel stupid or silly. There are women from 20-65 of all shapes and sizes. and the instructor is "thick" and i love that... cuz she's not some skinny b*tch... so all in all, thus far, I'm really enjoying the class, i look forward to Wednesday nights every week!
    I hope you go check it out. Have fun!
    Hidden Content Everything happens for a reason.
    *Meghan*27*DH*Matt*32*
    TTC off and on since 2009
    12/09-12/10 6 rounds Clomid (BFN's)
    HSG-ALL CLEAR
    Finally got our BFP naturally on our "off" month
    6/5/13Hidden Content
    IT'S A GIRL
    MADISON MICHELLE

Thanks

It going to be offered at the Y and they have 2 options 3 days a week for $40 or 2 days a week for $30 but it starts march 7th and Iwill miss the classes during spring break if I sign up but I am thinking that I will do it anyways.....they said if they have enough interest they are going to keep it going.

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have never tried it but I want to. I'm just too chicken. I'm afraid I'll look stupid!!

Thanks

I'm trying Zumba for the first time on Monday and can't wait! I heard it's really fun and a great workout too! Can't beat "fun workouts"

Thanks

LOVE Zumba!! I always feel like a dork but that's ok!! It's so much fun to just dance around and everyone else looks just as silly as you so who cares?! I can't dance to save my life but as long as you just laugh and don't take it seriously, you will have a blast.

I have found that most of the people who go to Zumba are very laid back and fun people!! Good luck and have fun!!!!!!!!!!
    Me- 25, DH- 30. Thin PCOS

TTC since Nov. 2010

Diagnosed with PCOS in January 2011
    Stared seeing our 2nd RE- December 2011
    January and March 2 IUI cycles with injectables - BFN
    Laproscopy & Ovarian Drilling- May 2012
    July 2012- IUI Cycle+Injectables- Chemical Pregnancy

August 2012- IVF!!!!!

Thanks

I actually went to my 1st class last night. I will definitely go back next Wednesday. My instructor was a big girl as well...she was not ashamed to let her hips move and belly jiggle, so I went for it. The class only had 6 participants, I was the largest lady in the class....and despite being black,I was probably the one with the least amount of rhytm as well...but the instructor told us that it was ok if the move wasn't exactly right, the point is to move!!! I moved parts I didn't know exisited...

Thanks

My instructor always says that "The Zumba Police are not in the building! As long as you are sweating and having a great time, it's ok if you miss a step!" She's awesome...
    Lisa-29
    Jason-33
    DS Anthony-4

TTC#2 for 3 years
    Started herbal regimen through an herbalist on June 1. She really knew what she was doing. I have never felt this good in my life!!!!

Thanks

I have been Zumba-ing for at least a year. I absolutely love it. I am totally uncoordinated and always the biggest in the class, but I am a huge fan. Highly recommend for anyone. I go twice a week, and wish I could go daily! BTW- I was given a Best Buy card and used it to buy a body media (bodybugg) thing. I burn about 780 calories on average a class (1 hour long!).

Thanks

Update on my first class - it was AWESOME!! I am already obsessed and can't wait to go next week. The instructor was great, we all looked like idiots and laughed the whole time. AND we burned 550 calories, according to our teacher's FitBit!

Thanks

That's great to hear!!! I can't sign up this month cuz I am out of town during sprink break and will miss a couple classes and my DH doesn't want me to waste money .....BUT I am definately signing up next month!!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

My mom and I are starting a zumba class on Monday. They only do it once a week, but we plan on going anyway. I am rather eager to go, because I hear a lot of good things. I'll post back next week

Waiting and wanting Mferguson414's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My gym only offers it once a week too, which is a bummer, but i do the ellipitcal and weight machines w/ & w/o a trainer the other days. and, i found a great sports bra made by Champion, i found it at the Hanes store where i live. I read a really good "tip" a few weeks ago. If you need good support like i do, dont get a bra that you pull over your head, get one that snaps in the back or front... Cuz, if its stretchy enough to go over your head, how is it going to support you and keep you from bouncing all around? And, DUH! It makes PERFECT sense! I just never thought about it! So, this bra comes in bra sizes! Not just s/m/l/xl/xxl, which makes it even better!
    Champion Double Dry+™ Spot Comfort™ Full-Support Sports Bra

heres the link to the website
    http://www.championusa.com/Champion/...on/CH1602.aspx
    Hidden Content Everything happens for a reason.
    *Meghan*27*DH*Matt*32*
    TTC off and on since 2009
    12/09-12/10 6 rounds Clomid (BFN's)
    HSG-ALL CLEAR
    Finally got our BFP naturally on our "off" month
    6/5/13Hidden Content
    IT'S A GIRL
    MADISON MICHELLE