Thanks
    Blog Entries

Red face Licorice and Peony Roots..Help

Hello I've been doing TCM which I'm so in love with bc between that and combination of low gi diet cutting sugar and exercising at least 3x/week. I feel sooo good and sometimes forget I have PCOS until I slip and eat chocolate for two days in a row Oh boy does your body knows how to knock you right out and remind you that you have it!! I never had a period on my own but ever since changing my eating lifestyle, exercising and TCM I had one every month. Except now my herbalist put me on Licorice/Peony root and I loooove it the only problem is I have been bleeding non stop all month long..It's very very light bleeding but nevertheless bleeding. I even lower my dosage from 3x/day to once a day but I'm still bleeding a little bit. I would hate to give it up but has this happen to anyone...??What's the solution to this beside the obvious to maybe stop taking it..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi canadiacyst, how long have you been on Licorice/Peony...I have read some great articles on it and actually just got licorice root today, can't find peony just yet. I think it may take time for your body to adjust, one thing for sure is that it is doing something ..which i think may just be a good thing. Have you spoke to your herbalist at all about it? I am wondering if it will just take a month -3 months to stabliaze? How much are you taking? are you taking equal parts (read that somewhere).

I just took it for the first time today, not sure what to expect but i have had my period for last 2 months but still have elivated testosterone which is causing hair loss so I want to bring testosterone down naturally, doc wants to put me on metformin, insulin is boarderline low but blood surgar is fine...so i was too confused and scared to try metformin...so trying it on my own.

how do you feel when you take licorice/peony? do you feel less tired. I am tired all the time, doc said i was low on Vitamin D but not sure if that is why i am tired. I really hope the licorice and peony works, it would help a lot of women. also i am trying spearmint tea...but i guess from another cyster, it increased her estrogen a lot, too much possibly.

take care, i will let keep you abreast of my progress, maybe i will have same symptoms?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello hmaddy, I took raw herb (50/50 peony and 50/50 licorice) the first few weeks you will get extremely tired trust me omg even more tired than usual(pcos has tendency to make you tired) so the beginning of taking this its going to be even worse so just get prepare, i also had light abdominal pain. I guess that's the way it starts to work on your body, but anyways after that I loooved it. You can see such a big difference, my hair, nails and my energy was fantastic. I was waking up at 6 so energetic and ready to start my day. It took away my depression and made me so happy and grateful to be alive in this beautiful weather (i mean seriously it made me in cloud 9) so it definitely does something to your endorphins it definitely restore any chemical imbalance in your brain. That's why I really would love to continue it bc it was definitely working to my favor(it brought my period, when I never had a natural period for over a yr) but I was bleeding all month long and of course thats not good so my herbalist and I decided that I should stop it :-(. She is looking into something else for me meanwhile I continued doing research on my own and found something called cystclear which also contains peony and licorice but it also has other herbs in it so maybe it will be less potent I'm not sure but I asked my herbalist to also look into it for me. Hopefully licorice will work for you but I really think you should add something else to it like peony bc most of these tcm work by combination and seldom work alone. Good luck and update us with your results!
    ALL NATURAL IS THE WAY TO GO LADIES
    TCM ADVOCATEHidden Content

BCP ARE EVIL!!!!Hidden Content

DAILY MULTI-VITAMINS & MINERALS, Fish oil
    PALEO DIET PALEO DIET AND PRAYERS PRAYERS!! CURED MY PCOS
    FOLLOW YOUR PROGRESS BY GETTING ULTRASOUND DONE EVERY 3-4 MONTH TO SEE IF CYST DISAPPEARED OR GOT SMALLER
    DETOXING EVERY OTHER MONTH IS A MUST!!! REMEMBER BPA
    Hidden Content IS ALL AROUND US
    PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PRODUCT THAT HAS PARABEN

Thanks

Hello,
    I decided to give a try to the licorice/peony combo.
    In internet I read that white peony root are prescriped for PCOS, but I culdn't find white peony root, only red peony. Do they have similar characteristics
    If anyone of you have tried it, what peony did you use and was it benefical for excessive hair as this is my main problem.
    Thank you
    Regards