Thanks

Default Biotin users, unwanted hair growth?

Hi, just wondering if anyone on biotin supplements are noticing additional hair growth on unwanted areas ( facial hair, ect...). I want to start using biotin but certainly don't want to add to the already existing facial hair. Thanks.

Thanks

I would love to know this as well. I am interested in trying Biotin but was also skeptical if it helped with PCOS-related hair loss. At the same time, I already have a beard that needs to be shaved at least once daily, so I am hesitant to risk additional facial hair growth.

Anyonone with Biotin experience, please help us out? :-)

C

Registered User Superstarpitts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I'm on Biotin 5000 mcg for about 3 months now and i noticed that it's made my hair on my head longer but not really thicker which is what i was hoping for. I've never really had too big of a problem with facial hair except for my upper lip (which i shave about once a week) and the occasional hair under my chin, but beware because the biotin makes you grow hair everywhere!! I've had to increase how much i shave my upper lip to twice a week now and my eyebrows and under my chin have increased as well. I also noticed hair on my arms and legs has increased. I'm also on met 1500 x1 a day and I've noticed that my stomach has felt uneasy since i have been mixing in the biotin and since I'm not really getting increased volume in my hair im thinking of maybe quitting the biotin, although i have noticed my hair isn't falling out as much; so, I don't know ladies, some people that i have talked to about it say it takes about 6 months to really get the kind of results i want so maybe i will just wait it out and see, but to answer your question, in my experience YES biotin does increase hair growth EVERYWHERE
    Ashley: 24 Kyle: 24
    PCOS 2005

Metformin 1500
    Insulin: Lantus 100ml & Novalog 30ml

Registered User AboveTheExtreme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

ah shoot here i thought this was something that you could easily get to slow down the hair growth but if there's a risk of it growing back fuller/thicker etc.. then i def won't try it good thing i read this first.. cause my facial hair is TERRIBLE.. and i'd hate to chance it getting any worse than it already is.. and let me tell you IT'S BAD lol..

Thanks

Thanks, Superstarpitts4! I appreciate your help!

Unfortunately, I have the same facial hair issue as AboveTheExtreme, and cannot risk it growing anymore, so it looks like I, too, will have to pass on Biotin. Though, I am not really as disappointed as I thought I'd be, since you mentioned that it does not really help with the fullness anyway.

Thanks again!

Thanks

Thanks for your reply superstarpitts4! I guess I'll be passing on the biotin as well.

Registered User AboveTheExtreme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

there's always the chance that it will work.. but i'm not much of a risk taker with something like that ... i wonder what other solutions there are that are on the cheap side. or that do not require doctor visits.

Thanks

I never really noticed any additional facial hair while on biotin...but maybe that's because I have so much to begin with, lol.

Registered User NoMoreFacialHair!'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm taking biotin... I needed it to have scalp growth. It would be a shame if it's making my beard more... beardy!

Thanks

Okay I have been on Biotin for the last year. I do 1000 mcg per day. It does grow my hair on my head out a little faster but as far as my upper lip and chin hair they have pretty much remained the same. But I just guess it is different strokes for different folks
    Mi 27
    Want a kid before 30
    One a Day vitamins,Biotin
    Met 1000mg/day
    Beyaz BCP
    From 218 to 180 from August 09 til January 10
    Wanna hit 160 by December
    Back up to 200 as of Apr 2012 ugh
    Praying for the best Hidden Content
    "The things impossible for people are possible for God" Luke 18:27

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CR04 View Post
    I would love to know this as well. I am interested in trying Biotin but was also skeptical if it helped with PCOS-related hair loss. At the same time, I already have a beard that needs to be shaved at least once daily, so I am hesitant to risk additional facial hair growth.
    If you're shaving once a day already, you've got full male-type beard growth rate, so it's unlikely to get much heavier.

Joy