Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReenaP View Post
    Thank you very much for all of the replies....it made me feel a lot better....I have decided to go ahead and go for it.....I had actually decided that this would be my last and final attempt at getting fertility treatments no matter what the outcome would be.....so keep your fingers crossed for me and keep me in your prayers....whatever God has in store for me will be and I am at peace with that....I have one healthy baby boy at home and a wonderful husband, family, and support system.....having this message board makes going through this journey so much easier in that you feel like you are never alone....thanks again...I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome.....
    Baby dust to all,
    Reena
    Good luck and tons of baby dust!!!! KUP
    Me: Anna, age 26 Hidden Content DH: Franco, age 32
    Diagnosed PCOS in May 2009
    Ectopic Pregnancy January 2010
    TTC the natural way! 2011
    Taking Daily: Glumetza 2000mg, Vitex, Royal Jelly, Maca Root Extract, Folic Acid, Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin B-100 Complex, Omega 3 6 9, Organic Raspberry Leaf tea
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just had my CD11 u/s on Tuesday with 4 follies: one at 17.5, one at 16, and two at 14. My E2 was 1087. My RE is out of town, so a different RE in the practice took over and decided to cancel the cycle due to a risk of multiples and overstimming. So, we canceled the trigger and IUI, but we're bding on or own like crazy these next few days. Good luck!
    Jaime (37) & DH (39), DD (January 2013)
    Married 10/2007; DX 12/2006

#2 due March 19, 2015
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Baby Hopes-
    Curious what you decided to do. My cycle was cancelled yesterday with 8 follies @14 and 15. (I had about 20 additional follies on each side) DH and I decided to skip the trigger shot and see if my body ovulates any or all of them on it's own . We are going to BD every other day this week and see what happens. We are nervous, but wanted to at least try to salvage what we could out of the cycle. I was a little confused by the Dr., as I thought 18 was the cut-off for mature eggs. He said there is still a chance for 14 and 15's to have a viable egg in it. Chances are for us that the eggs are not mature enough and we will get a BFN anyway, but it is worth a shot for us I guess.
    me 33 DH 33
    DD #1 6 10/21/03 (off BCP)
    diagnosed w/ PCOS 2/06
    DD #2 2 7/30/07 metf 2000, avandia 4mg,
    TTC #3 since 8/10/09
    July, August combo cycle menopur and Clomid BFN's
    October 22, 2010 BFP! combo cycle. Hospitalized for OHSS 7 days
    November 24, 2010 m/c 8 weeksHidden Content
    March combo too many eggs, cancelled cycle. DTD anyway BFN-Boo!
    April-new protocol-menopur only starting on CD 3 2ww!

Thanks

Anna-any news?
    me 33 DH 33
    diagnosed w/ PCOS 2/06
    TTC #3 since 8/10/09

Thanks

pghgirl any news?
    me 33 DH 33
    diagnosed w/ PCOS 2/06
    TTC #3 since 8/10/09

Have my first pumpkin! winddrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

mlynn-It's quite possible that your body will continue the growth of the largest follicles. If you don't trigger than there is no way that your body would ovulate all the mature ones, just the best.
    Kari (37), DH (36)Hidden Content ; TTC#2 9/13
    DS 11/2011
    Meds: Met, Synthrod
    *Detailed past treatment history in profile

Thanks

Any news?
    Me 35 + DH 35 Hidden Content DS Sept '07 & DS May '13
    Dx Jan/10 + MF . Four Inject + IUI = BFNs
    Nov/10 IVF+ICSI #1 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jan/11 IVF+ICSI #2 ET 2 blasts = BFP & two h/bs! -8wk m/c twin angels
    Jul/11 FET #1: 2 blasts = BFP & h/b! -SCH -9wk m/c angel boy
    Dec/11 FET #2: 2 blasts = BFN
    Mar/12 IVF+ICSI+PGD #3 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jun/12 FET #3: 2 blasts = BFN (2 snow)

Aug '12 natural surprise = DS born May 2, 2013

Registered User Praying4aPCOScure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think you have a great view on the situation! I will keep you in my prayers!

crazy woman on a mission Blessed1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hopes =) View Post
    This post is making me really question my cycle. Last week, I started FSH 75 iui and by the end of the week I had two follicles growing. I went in on Monday, and I had about 12 on each ovary at 12mm (24 growing!). So, we stopped the fsh all together. The doctor hoped that most would shrink down and just a few would make it and keep growing. I went in today, and the doctor was really surprised how many kept growing! I had two on one side at 18 mm and five on the other side between 18 and 20. But... I also had MANY others that were between 12 and 15, which I guess could grow to size before I ovulate. The doctor said we needed to cancel treatment this month so I'm not octomom. I just went ahead with what he said this morning... but now I'm questioning everything.

What would you do?! Sounds like a lot of people tried anyway even when they had 8 follicles. But I have so many others that could potentially make it. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
    Ultimately, you have to do what is best for you but if you're only doing timed intercourse, I would absolutely go for it. I have a friend (who is also a SC member) that had a literal TON of follicles....although I can't remember how many...in the teens...and her and dh dtd prior to the dr calling and telling her not to. She got pg with ONE baby who is nice and healthy. lol Is "Octomom" a possibility? I guess...maybe...but she had IVF if I remember correctly. Personally, I would go for it but I cannot tell you what you should do. Only you can decide that. Best wishes!
    Karen
    Miracle baby #4 born 7/6/13 @ 41 wks
    Successful VBA2C after 42 hours of labor!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed1 View Post
    Ultimately, you have to do what is best for you but if you're only doing timed intercourse, I would absolutely go for it. I have a friend (who is also a SC member) that had a literal TON of follicles....although I can't remember how many...in the teens...and her and dh dtd prior to the dr calling and telling her not to. She got pg with ONE baby who is nice and healthy. lol Is "Octomom" a possibility? I guess...maybe...but she had IVF if I remember correctly. Personally, I would go for it but I cannot tell you what you should do. Only you can decide that. Best wishes!
    Yes, Octomom had IVF and put back more than 8 embryos which is ethically wrong. But the majority of high order multiples are the result of situations just like this - follicle stimulation with high response and the couple decides to proceed with IUI or timed intercourse. Some high profile examples are Jon & Kate Gosselin who did follicle stimulation and IUI and ended up with their sextuplets. And Ethan & Casey Jones in the new series "Quints by Suprise."

From what I understand, IUI only helps couples reach the "normal" percent of fertilization, and it is the number of mature follicles that increases the chance of multiples.
    Last edited by Apple Blossom; 03-29-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Thank you Blessed1 for the clarification on J&K+8
    Me 35 + DH 35 Hidden Content DS Sept '07 & DS May '13
    Dx Jan/10 + MF . Four Inject + IUI = BFNs
    Nov/10 IVF+ICSI #1 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jan/11 IVF+ICSI #2 ET 2 blasts = BFP & two h/bs! -8wk m/c twin angels
    Jul/11 FET #1: 2 blasts = BFP & h/b! -SCH -9wk m/c angel boy
    Dec/11 FET #2: 2 blasts = BFN
    Mar/12 IVF+ICSI+PGD #3 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jun/12 FET #3: 2 blasts = BFN (2 snow)

Aug '12 natural surprise = DS born May 2, 2013

crazy woman on a mission Blessed1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Blossom View Post
    Yes, Octomom had IVF and put back more than 8 embryos which is ethically wrong. But the majority of high order multiples are the result of situations just like this - follicle stimulation with high response and the couple decides to proceed with IUI or timed intercourse. Some high profile examples are Jon & Kate Gosselin who did follicle stimulation and timed intercourse (when their RE told them not to because there were too many follicles) and ended up with their sextuplets. And Ethan & Casey Jones in the new series "Quints by Suprise."
    Well, like I said above, I certainly wouldn't tell her or anybody else what to do...only what *I* would do. According to an interview with Kate Gosselin, she had IUI, (google Kate and artificial insemination - there are several interviews with her) which is not what I would do in such a case but timed intercourse seems much more conservative (to me). Have you watched the Amazing Sperm Race on youtube? hilarious! Makes me wonder how anyone ever gets pg! lol Anyhoo...it's completely irrelevant since I'm not the one that has to make the decision
    Karen
    Miracle baby #4 born 7/6/13 @ 41 wks
    Successful VBA2C after 42 hours of labor!

Thanks

I can tell you my experience and this was just last cycle. I had 6-7 mature did trigger and IUI and got a BFN. Just because there is that many does not mean you will even get pregnant. I am now on AF and go see a dr tomorrow to find out if they will let me do another injection cycle. Good Luck with whatever you decide
    Me-29 DH-36
    DS1- 5/6/08 Adopted 7/9/08
    DS2- 8/14/2011 Joshua Born to early at 20 weeks Sadly lost baby A due to PPROM and bulging umbilical cord.Hidden Content
    DS3- 10/30/2011 Jeremiah born at 30w6d
    Beta's: 12 dpo 56 , 14 dpo 111 , 16 dpo 209, 29 dpo 13,258, 33 dpo 39,100 1st pregnancy
    Beta's: 10 dpo 25 P4 53, 12 dpo 84, 18 dpo 1147 Current pregnancy
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User squeakerabudhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

I would go for it! There is always a risk of multiples when you trigger that many, but it's astounding to me how many trigger that many and even more and end up with singletons only. My doc told me it's pretty rare for it to actually end up with multiples, your body kinda takes over and tries to make sure things go the way it wants, I think (ie: one baby vs. a "litter" of babies - ha!). So, I would definitely go for it; although I'm really trying hard for my 1st, maybe I'd feel differently if I were on #2 or beyond...GL to you!
    Mandie (29) Hidden Content and Sean (36) Hidden Content
    Married: 10/18/08 Hidden Content
    TTC #1 since July, 2009
    Jan. 2011: d/x with PCOS; DH's SA = normal; HSG: CLEAR!
    5 Med Cycles = BFN's; done TTC, on to adoption...sticking with herbs and acupuncture
    My band: Hidden Content My blog: Hidden Content
    "I will take away sickness from among you, and NONE will MISCARRY or BE BARREN in your land." -Exodus 23:25-26Hidden Content

Thanks

Mlynn - we decided to listen to the doctor's orders. I completely understand everyone who said they would BD anyway! But... This was our first cycle, and we're trusting in our doctor. We were definitely worried about the risk of HOM. My doctor said without the trigger shot, I wouldn't release all the follicles, but there was no way to know how many would release on their own. Although, that was 3 weeks ago and AF still hasn't come. So... after all that... it looks like I didn't even O! I'm going to call me RE this morning and go in for an appt to find out what's going. Hopefully no cysts.

What did you decide to do?

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 Times in 2,271 Posts

Baby Hopes- did you test to see if you are pregnant? I'm not sure if you BD'd at all before the doctor ask you to cancel the cycle - just saying it would be worth checking out.
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content