Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default favorite moisturizer?

I'm curious what is your favorite moisturizer to use- daytime/nightime/etc ...
    in addition to acne from pcos i have dry-ish skin that lately has been looking dull, definitely not the pretty and healthy skin I had before fullblown pcos symptoms. What's an effective moisturizer that doesn't clog pores?

Thanks

I used to use Cetaphil, but it would always make me look oily and greasy. I use CeraVe now and I think it's much better.

If you have dryish, dullish skin you could try using a scrub a few days a week. I like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but there are others you could try. Or just wash with a washcloth.
    All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success. -- Anonymous

Hidden Content

Thanks

I love the vitamin e with SPF from the body shop, it doesn't clog my pores and my skin feels really nice. When it's cold and dry, I use the night cream too.
    M.

Meds: Only natural supplements, healthy eating & exercise

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sounds like we have really similar skin, however mine is also extremely sensitive. I bought organic Jojoba oil from acne.org and mix it in with Olay Complete SPF15 (but I use the generic Walmart version since it has less irritating sunscreen). At night I will use straight jojoba oil or Origins Mega mushroom skin cream (though that is pricey).
    Me (28) DH (34)
    Married May 2009
    TTC Dec 2010
    Hidden Content
    Met ER 1500mg

Hidden Content

Thanks

I actually like Cetaphil. I never used to use moisturizer because my skin was extremely oily - and I could pretty much get away with it. Then I was put on accutane for my acne and my dermatologist recommended it because of the severe dryness as a side effect. I also started using it again because my skin is getting drier as I'm aging. It's been great for retaining moisture. I've also increased my water intake plentiful and have noticed a difference. Caffeine and soda pop (diet) were drying out my skin completely --- which makes a lot of sense since they're both diuretics.

Thanks

so i bought Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 yesterday, tried it for the first time this morning- it seems great, and no harmful ingredients which i love! (i checked out cerave but it has parabens ... not good for sensitive skin)
    the lotion seems like the perfect consistency- moisturizing but not too greasy. I'll update you guys with the progress once I've used it for a bit longer.

p.s. i've been using M2 moisturizer (the new version of mama lotion) at night- after about a week i've seen some great results too- my skin looks less tired =)

Thanks

I swear by Philosophy's Hope in a Jar (original formula) moisturizer. It has made a noticeable difference in my skin. I have tried switching to other moisturizers and always end up back with this one. My dry yet oily sensitive skin with bouts of acne does great with it.
    Current Medications:

1000mg Metformin once per day, 50 mg Spironolactone once per day, 2000 IU Vitamin D3 once per day, 500 mcg Vitamin B12 once per day, Gummy prenatal vitamin once per day (not TTC), Tazorac cream for acne

Starting Insulin Resistance Diet 7/24/11. Wish me well! Hidden Content

Thanks

I had acne pretty bad and switched all of my make up and skin care over to Bare escentuals/ bare minerals and I've cleared up so much! all of my make up is theres plus my lotions and face wash... for my body I use philosophy... I get my products from QVC they have great deals
    Emily (me)- 24 Hidden Content Brett (Hubby)- 27 USMC
    Married- June 3 2005 *High school Sweethearts*
    Expecting our little miracle 4/23/13
    Fur babies: Chloe 7- min dachshund Missy 3- cat and a Saltwater fish tank
    My blog: Hidden Content
    Our Little Surprise!!!! Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmt2104 View Post
    I'm curious what is your favorite moisturizer to use- daytime/nightime/etc ...
    in addition to acne from pcos i have dry-ish skin that lately has been looking dull, definitely not the pretty and healthy skin I had before fullblown pcos symptoms. What's an effective moisturizer that doesn't clog pores?
    I like two moisturizers that do not clog my pores:

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizer - a little goes a long way, smells divine, sinks into skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy. This is good for dryer skin.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar - as mentioned above. I find this to be good in the summer, when you don't need much moisture but are looking to improve texture and keep away the flakes.

Registered User AboveTheExtreme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

do i even need a moisturizer?? i don't really have acne.. i mean yeah i have the one or two occasional pimples but that's it.. i had my face "examined" for some foundation at my local mall and she said oh honey your skin is very dry.. i didn't think it was.. it feels very soft.. my mom says that i should cherish my face.. she describes it as being soft as a babies butt lol.. would moisturizers help keep it nice.. or is it really dry?

Thanks

I make my own blend of oils that works amazingly on my combination skin:
    Jojoba oil, Neem Oil, a drop of sweet almond oil and a couple drops of tea tree oil
    No preservatives, all natural, ta da!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ballerina For This Useful Post:

TiaJadeddevil (03-27-2012)

Thanks

I love REN products. Natural and works wonders!

Thanks

I sometimes use Loreal's Sublime Bronze moisturizer cause I'm so pale and it tints me without making me orange-esqued.

Thanks

There are various flavor of moisturizer are available in market. I am always use a best aloe Vera moisturizer because it is really very effective and good for skin, It can improve your skin glow.

Thanks

In wineter I apply olive oil on my skin but for regular basis i prefer L'Oreal Pure Zone skin relief moisturizer lotion.It is a perfect lotion for dry skin.