Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks

I use Magic cream (a depilatory marketed to men). Nair and whatnot didn't work for me, but Magic does.
    Heather--mama to Mary (9.2006) and Wesley (6.2008) and college teacher

Blogging about healthy living with PCOS at Hidden Content

Thanks

Does anyone know of any supermarket chains or health food shops that sell spearmint tea in the UK? Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Upper lip and chin here.

I used to tweeze and although it is very effective...it is torturous. I found myself having to do it too often and it became depressing to sit there night after night for an hour subjecting myself to physical and emotional pain.

I know some people say shaving is a no no, but for me..... I'd rather shave and get it over quickly than tweeze and prolong my awareness that I even need to remove facial hair in the first place.

someday I would like laser treatment, but for now my razor is my friend and follows me everywhere I go

Thanks

Default Laser all the way!

I have used many different forms of hair removal with ok results but I have recently tried Laser and am already impressed after my 1st treatment! The other amazing benefit is that in the UK women with PCOS are entitled to Laser Treatment for FREE on the NHS (the full face)!!! It has literally taken me years to get but it seem well worth the wait! UK Pcoser's ask your docters to refer you to a dermatologist and get the ball rolling! Be aware that due to the current economical climate you will have to fight your case for funding, but if like me you have tried everything and score high on the qualifying test, there shouldnt be a problem!!

Anyway here are the other treatments i've tried and results.

Shaving - terrible! make hair dark and coarse and created a dark shadow!

Plucking - helpful if you get stuck somewhere without access to other treatments, as a last resort option. But makes hair grow back coarse as well!

Wax- my 'favourite' for years! makes the hair grow back thinner and I used to wax up to twice a week if needed! Also give great smooth results if you are happy to let it all grow out for a while then wax!

Vaniqa - a cream applied to the skin daily (twice) really helped thin the hairs and slow growth the 1st time around, bit slower the 2nd time I used it. But I was advised to go back to using it AFTER I finish laser treatment as a way to further thin out any remaining hairs!

Birth Control Pill- Made me feel like aan erratic emotional manic depressant! hated it!

Metformin- Didnt really see a difference..but works for others

Spearmint tea- I felt like a saw a difference drinking it twice a day..but i failed to maintain it...so cant give conclusive results!

Spironalactone- took a long time to work and just when it started to reduce hair growth abit my blood pressure readings were too low and I was getting very tierd and dizzy and had to stop! I never wanted to try it anyway so I was happy to stop!

Laser- many years ago I tried it with a dodgy clinic at 15 a session and they didnt really seem to know what they were doing! I have since qualified for Free Laser on the NHS! Its been a week and it seems the hair has stopped growing..even though I am still shaving right now (only option while having treatment) But they say it can take 2-4 for the hair to shed or fall out! But so far, so good!

Well hope that gave some of you an idea of the treatments out there and how they work...atleast for me!
    RehannaHidden Content

Meds using: Met 500mg one a day
    Spiro 100mg one a day
    B-complex one a day
    Omega 3:6:9 Oil 3 dessert spoons a day

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUCILASTIC View Post
    Does anyone know of any supermarket chains or health food shops that sell spearmint tea in the UK? Thanks.

I could only find it online here!

http://www.sympathyteas.co.uk/spearm...FUoc4Qodiz5lXA

its loose leaf but you can buy the bags to go with it or use a strainer!
    RehannaHidden Content

Meds using: Met 500mg one a day
    Spiro 100mg one a day
    B-complex one a day
    Omega 3:6:9 Oil 3 dessert spoons a day

Hidden Content

Thanks

Has anyone tried Tria?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Hair and sensitive skin..

I bleach my upper lip, but having problems doing much else because my skin is so sensitive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CeciliaLee View Post
    I bleach my upper lip, but having problems doing much else because my skin is so sensitive. Anyone have any suggestions?
    The men's range of Philips-Norelco's rotary-head shavers have a reputation for being the gentlest way of removing hair from sensitive skin.

Joy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joyblack For This Useful Post:

CeciliaLee (08-02-2011)

Thanks

Unfortunately I shave. I use a 5 blade razor and shaving cream in the shower. I work a full time job and have an almost 13 month old baby boy and time dictates that I shave. I've been shaving for at least 10 years and honestly, it is no worse now than it was 5 years ago. I know all people are different, but that is my case.

Thanks

I use an epilator. I'd post the link, but I'm apparently too new to post links in my comments.
    (Panasonic ES2045P Wet/Dry Two-Speed Epilator with Three Heads (Pink) on Amazon)

I've had a good experience with this device. It doesn't hurt as much as waxing, mostly because it doesn't rip off my skin like waxing does. In between uses, I'll use tweezers to get those hairs that grow back (what seems like) 5 times faster.

Mind you, it DOES hurt, but going in short bursts it's not bad.
    As my mom always told me: "It's not the end of the world."

Thanks

I pluck as much as i can.. Most of my hair is on my chin well..I have it all over my face and neck but it's light and not bothersome. The worse part is the black thick hairs on my chin. This drives me nuts! I hate this. Good luck yall

Thanks

I feel your pain. I am light skinned with darker hair. AND Im from Southern California as well. I used to shave my arms but now Im more focused on other areas and dont bother as much.

Thanks

I started off plucking (my face) but gradually over time the problem worsened to the point that shaving was the only practical (and cheap) solution.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I use to shave, but shaving has many dark shaving bumps on my face. I started laser yesterday and I am hoping it works with me, I have so far paid in advance for 6 session that is going to run me into the christmas, I was told, that the laser will kill the hair from its roots and also eliminate the dark marks made by shaving. I'll keep you guys posted on my laser treatment

Thanks

I just joined today, felt that it was time that I joined a group of women that are also dealing with PCOS. The biggest issue to date for me with PCOS is the hair issue. It has been the one thing that has made me feel less of a woman. Until I was diagnosed about 10 years ago, I was dealing with too much hair in spots it shouldn't be without any reasons why. Knowing I have PCOS doesn't make it easier, but at least I understand that thier is a reason. I have tried so many things...tweezing, shaving, laser treatments, vaniqua (sp?), threading..you name it I tried it. Laser treatment did make seem to work, but that was when I was single and could afford it. Now I tweeze my ching and eyebrows every morning...yep every morning. Having this hair issue has been hard as you tend to make decisions on your day based upon this issue...My husband wants to visit his grandparents and stay overnight...need to make sure i have my tweezers and travel mirror..want to go camping? Ha...don't think so as how do I take care of my hair in the morning. I am seeinga dermatologist this month for another reason, I am very very pale with lots of moles...hoping that she will also give me an rx for Vaniqua...looking forward to reading how other women take care of this issue and maybe get some additional pointers....