Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Ugh the the thing I hate the most about pcos it the hair, I shave which I hate as the hair is still there AND IT ITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!, and it's thick and black.

I tweeze which takes hours, but produces a better effect, when I shave I start to get a stubble in only a few hours, then poof baby hairs again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I tweeze it takes up to almost three days for them to grow back, my hairs are so yucky!!!!!

Electrolysis I used to get and the hairs would take longer than a week to grow back, how I miss getting it done like that but it's so expensive.

I did get waxed at one time but the hairs are so deeply rooted in my skin, that waxing fails big time.

Why me?, Don't look at me I'm hideous.

Thanks

I epilate everything. Although being completely stupid attempted to epilate my armpits... yeah thought I was going to pass out, bad idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inaWonderland View Post
    I epilate everything. Although being completely stupid attempted to epilate my armpits... yeah thought I was going to pass out, bad idea.
    Do epilate your face too? I have tried this but could never get the really short hairs and theres no way I could bear to grow it. I have two patches of hair on my neck that I have been plucking for the last 15 years. I wish I'd never started it as now these two patches have really thick, coarse hair. The rest of my face has lighter, softer hair. I am convinced that plucking has made the hair thicker. It's really hard to pluck out now. For me it's shaving for convenience and ensuring I've "caught" all of the hair.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUCILASTIC View Post
    Do epilate your face too? I have tried this but could never get the really short hairs and theres no way I could bear to grow it. I have two patches of hair on my neck that I have been plucking for the last 15 years. I wish I'd never started it as now these two patches have really thick, coarse hair. The rest of my face has lighter, softer hair. I am convinced that plucking has made the hair thicker. It's really hard to pluck out now. For me it's shaving for convenience and ensuring I've "caught" all of the hair.

I epilate my tash and my sideburns, yes tash isn't easiest and sometimes requires additional plucking afterwards but with a decent epilator I find it does alright, sideburns does leave a small rash but I think it's worth it and I have noticed the difference the more I epilate the more the hair follicles get damaged the thinner they come through, just dish out for a decent one! With about 5 years of trying all methods, shaving, bleaching, waxing, epilation works best for me. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inaWonderland For This Useful Post:

LUCILASTIC (02-08-2012)

Thanks

I need tips on bleaching my own back hair. Has anyone done this? It seems like it will be difficult, but I HAVE to do it somehow!

Thanks

If it's really black and thick bleaching may not be the best option. You could end up with obvious ginger facial hair. If it's fine however a facial hair lightening kit might work. You can buy them in any chemist (drugstore) or large supermarket like Asda (Walmart?)
    If the hair is thick how about shaving it off or using hair removal cream?

Thanks

i wax in places below my neck... i need to wax every week so i actually bought a home kit from my local beauty supply store and its worked great for me. for my FACE... especially my chin hairs and my lip hairs... i use a combination (depending on how much time i have and how bad it is) of tweezers, hair spring, and my epilator. its painful, but it works! i find that shaving alone isnt good enough because it grows back so quickly, which makes sense since you're only shaving off the surface hair. With tweezer, it pulls it out from the roots and it can last 2 to 3 days for me before i need to do it again. the spring and epilator works on the same level... it pulls my hair from the roots leaving me smoother and lasting longer. ingrown hairs are a PAIN in the you know what!!!! i get whiteheads and blackheads from the ingrown hairs... and it hurts too!!!

Thanks

The hair in my back isn't thick and not super dark. Bleaching would work. That isn't my concern. I'm concerned with how I'm gonna do it myself. Lol I have tried the hair remover creams. They break me out so bad that I would rather have the hair!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freebird80 View Post
    I need tips on bleaching my own back hair. Has anyone done this? It seems like it will be difficult, but I HAVE to do it somehow!
    Hi Freebird-I have some very soft but somewhat dark hair middle upper back and shoulderblades. Normally I just leave it alone, for the same reason as you, it's hard to take care of it on your own. If i am going to wear a nice dress or dare to go swimming-I will use sensitive formula nair, but sure it would work the same way with bleaching cream. They make a soft round foam type of thing that is attached to a long wooden holder (like a shower back brush, it's meant to be a moisturizer applier). I found one at target for under 5 bucks, just put the cream on the foam head, turn to side and look in mirror while applying. Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks! I was actually thinking of trying my back scrubbing puff thing. It's one of those netted things you use with shower gel but it has a handle. I have covered it with paper towels and used it to put astringent on my back when it was broke out so bad from the veet. I was thinking of putting Saran wrap over it and smearing it ony back. I will let y'all know how it goes when I get around to doing it!

Thanks

Thank you so much for listing all the treatments you have tried Rehanna! I am currently on Spironalactone and am not happy about it. I'm just too petrified that if I stop my hair will fall off. The main reason why I started taking these meds was because I was loosing hair like a man. However I do believe that it's really bad for me to be on it for a long time. When you stopped how did your body react?

Thanks

Im lucky in having an aesthetician for a sister in law- so we waxes me every 1-2 weeks on my face. She has waxed my legs before as well as back of my neck. (painful, though!)

I did laser one time one my face but could not continue it because of money.

I'd like to figure something out as well. Waxing my face isnt bad, it doesnt hurt like it used to (except the upper lip, never gets better unfortunately.)
    But I have concerns about everywhere that salons and pride won't go. lol
    God loves me for me!!

Thanks

I've been looking for something too because waxing and shaving cause a lot of ingrown hairs on my face and it really irks me. Any hair removal creams are also too harsh for my skin, so I'm pretty much screwed no matter what. I want to try laser hair removal but I don't know if I have the money for it 8(

Thanks

Thumbs up Beauti-med laser skin care centre

Hii
    There are so many methods to remove your unwanted hairs.Laser treatment is one of the method that you can remove your unwanted hair.This is a good method that didn't cause any harm to your body.For more details you can refer beauty-med.com

Thanks

I tweeze, use the finishing touch little hair trimmer, and shave depending on how sensitive the skin is in different areas, and how dark the hair is. On my face, I usually tweeze my brows and any really dark or thick hairs I find, and then use the little hair trimmer on the rest. Since the trimmer doesn't cut the hair super close to the skin, I have to do it every day or every other day, but at least it doesn't irritate the skin. I am light blonde and have really pale skin, so I don't think I am a very good candidate for laser hair removal.