Thanks

Default Should I not be using Vitex with low estrogen?

Hi everyone,

I have low estrogen. My cycles are generally 35 days. Thought I was O based on +OPK, but have recently read that it's not uncommon for cysters to have false positives. Since I'm a newbie, I've spent a great deal the last few weeks trying to get caught up being informed & making educated decisions, esp in the supplement category.

I recently started using Vitex to further regulate my cycles, but just read somewhere that you should not use it if you have low estrogen? Is that true?

Quite a few times in the last week, I thought I had acquired enough of an understanding to purchase a supplment & begin using it only to find out that I shouldn't be for one reason or another. Hopefully that will lessen as I continue to feverishly catch up on my reading!.

Krissy

Thanks

Well crap, I had not heard that one and I started on Vitex about 1.5 months ago. I did have my first 28 day cycle since my daughter weaned and AF returned. Pretty exciting seeing as I have had maybe 4 28-day cycles in my entire life. I just started bioidentical progesterone for the second half of this cycle and am hoping that after ceasing on day 27, that I will have another nice 28-day cycle. Will be checking this thread with you to see if anyone else knows about Vitex lowering estrogen in thin PCOSers

Thanks

Hi TJSB, not really sure what the deal is. Was hoping to get a better response to this thread, as the ladies on this forum seem very informed. I spoke with my acupuncturist and she felt that I should be fine taking Vitex, esp during the second half of my cycle. So I plan to reincorporate it into my regimen. That's fantastic that you got a 28 day cycle on it. Sounds like it's working to me!!!