Thanks

Question How many cycles of femara till you got your BFP?

Ladies, How many cycles of femara did it take you to get pregnant and to the ladies that did a trigger shot, did you do one because your LH levels were low or bc you were ovulating late? I am just about to start my 3rd month on femara, the first month I o'd cd 18, this past month I had a perfect 28 day cycle and ovulated on cd 14, so I am wondering if the trigger shot would even help me being that I am ovulating on day 14 anyways. Any help on this would be great! I wasn't monitored these past two months as my dr. said she wanted me to try 3 months unmonitored, since my insurance doesn't cover infertility, and then on the 4th month we would look at a trigger shot, but I am just wondering if it is even worth it since I am ovulating on cd 14. Also curious as to if the ladies that got quick bfp's on femara had any prior testing done, sperm analysis for DH and HSG for you? I am thinking of having an HSG done this month to make sure my tubes are clear. TIA!
    Shellie (33) DH (42) Step Children 1 boy (10) 1 girl (9)
    3rd round of Femara in April 2011, 5 mg CD 3-7 BFP!!!!!!!!!
    1st Beta (19 dpo) 511, prog 28, 2nd beta (26 dpo) 3836, prog 19.9
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I got pregnant on my second Femara cycle. I did do Ovidrel but just because it's standard at my RE practice. I was told they "almost always" use Ovidrel and I was no exception.

Last summer I had an HSG and DH had SA done so we knew everything was good on that front.
    Me (35) & DH (35) married in '08 Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Baby #1 - second medicated cycle - Femara - BFP 11dpo (2/27/11)! EDD 11/9/11. DS born 11/19/11. Hidden Content
    Baby #2 - fifth medicated cycle - Femara + Gonal-F. BFP 11dpo (10/11/14)! EDD 6/23/15. Biochemical pregnancy lost at 5w4d (10/25/14). Hidden Content

Thanks

Pregnant on the second round (and first time at 5mg). I didn't really respond to 2.5mg on my first femara cycle. I did use trigger because I am almost completely annovulatory and my RE said it would be necessary for me. Also dh did S/A before starting, and we opted for IUI even though we didn't have male factor IF. Also did HSG right before the cycle that gave me the bfp. I would say got for the HSG, it's good to know how things looks and lots of people report bfps right after it, kinda like the HSG gets the road extra clean for the oocyte and the fishies !! Best of luck to you!!
    me=38, DH=40 PCOS dx 1991
    pre-natals, baby aspirin, raspberry leaf tea cd10 until hCG
    1/09/09 clomid (50mg) cd2-6/hCG/iui - BFN; 2/09 clomid (50mg) cd2-6/estrogen cd7-10/no foll.
    3/09/09 femara (2.5mg) cd2-6/no foll.; 4-6/09 bcp; 5/09 HSG all clear
    7/09/09 femara (5mg) cd2-6/hCG/IUI/prometrium - BFP July 25th Hidden Content
    Sammy born March/2010 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I ovulated on my 4 rounds of clomid and 3 rounds of femara but didn't get preggo until I used a trigger on the 4th cycle of femara. No other problems with my cycles. I really think the trigger helps with timing.

Thanks

MHootie, thanks for the information, I was wondering what the trigger shot actually does for you? Were you being monitored? If so, does the trigger shot release all the good follicles, whereas your body will only release the best one? I am so confused about that but curious bc if this cycle doesn't work, that is what she wants me to try is femara plus trigger. Just wondering how it all works. What day did you O before without the trigger and do you remember what day you did the trigger? Sorry, so many questions, just trying to plan ahead I guess and the trigger shot has me all confused. When you give it to yourself do you O that day or in 24 hours? Oh, and did you ever have an HSG done? Thanks for all your help!

Thank you ladies for your wonderful answers, makes me feel like there is still hope as long as I can find the right combination for me.
    Shellie (33) DH (42) Step Children 1 boy (10) 1 girl (9)
    3rd round of Femara in April 2011, 5 mg CD 3-7 BFP!!!!!!!!!
    1st Beta (19 dpo) 511, prog 28, 2nd beta (26 dpo) 3836, prog 19.9
    Hidden Content