Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

hi phoenixstar, how r u... i'am on CD6 now... i had 74cycledays last cycle... ... maca improve my AF blood flow, normalize LP, but it didn't shortn my period... i still have long cycle.. i'll add vitex to my fertility supplement tomorow...
    good luck to u girl...!
    Married since 4/16/2010
    TTC #1 -- 5/1/2010
    BFP 9/28/2010,mc at 3weeks Hidden Content
    TTC #2 -- 4/17/2011 Hidden Content
    BFP 10/08/2011
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

been taking maca powder myself for about a week. defiantly increased energy. im usually soo tired by 11am after an early morning start but i can def say i feel so much better. will have to see if it increses any sign of an active AF. AF absent since feb so far. on met also as well as trying to remember to take bush flower essences aimed at womens hormone issues.
    Hidden Content
    Rose (25) & Connor (23)
    TTC and heart broken nothing is happening.
    Metformin, Bush Flower Essences, Antidepressants.
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I bet if you ladies start fertility self massage you'll have AF back in no time. The answer is not always a capsule or pill. Physically stimulating the organs with certain techniques can do wonders. You must use the proper techniques tho. Either get the DVD or have a massage therapist help you learn. Ranita, sorry about the long cycle. That sucks, but at least it's back now! I'm at 8dpo and grumpy and tired, lol. Just ready for this 2WW to be done. My cycle was the best one ever tho, so if there aren't any problems I don't know of my chances are good. If this cycle is a BFN we will meet with an RE for testing etc. Really hope it doesn't come to that. I've had some symptoms, but that happens every LP, lol. Ugh.
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison
    I pray often that God will bless us with a child, I also know God helps those who helps themselves. Baby Dust and God's Blessings to us ALL!
    *Prayers*Metformin XR 1500mg*prenatals*Maca root*wheatgrass cleanse*80mg aspirin*Homeopathy
    FERTIBELLA IS EVIL AND CAN CAUSE MISCARRIAGES
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I just recently started taking the Maca. I do feel as though it is helping me this cycle. Usually my cycles are around 30 days and the last was 28 days and I had a shorter period as well. So am feeling positive about the results so far

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have been taking macca in powder form since 2009 and I think it's the best thing I could have done for myself. I know all our bodies are different but it has given me increased energy, and my cycles have settled down to 30 days for 8 months now- that's huge for me! I also give it a lot of credit for bringing me my newest addition- after my son was born I was ttc for 6 years- when I finally conceived our youngest the only change to my lifestyle in the 6 months prior was adding maca. I have also noticed that I seem to store fat more around my ass than my stomach, which is a welcome change
    Missy's mama Hidden Content

Meds:
    Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
    Elevit Prenatal Vitamin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to re-post what i wrote in another post!

I was never a believer in natural remedies, for some reason I just didn't think it would work. My case of PCOS is SEVERE. I have never ever...EVER had a period (other than birth control, but that does not count).

I started taking Maca two months ago. I had a blood test done BEFORE I started:

My testosterone was at 16 - NOW 6
    My DHEA levels were at 26 - NOW 11

I had extremely bad facial hair. ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have not had a period, but I just recently bought a level cleanse, and progesterone cream, so we will see if that helps!

But I have to say that I am SO HAPPY with what Maca's doing, my blood tests were insane before, now they're getting much better!

Maca also gives you amazing energy! I take 4x800MG capsules per day. On the label it said take 2-4.

I suggest starting with 2 for a couple of days until your body gets used to it, then increasing to 4, only because some people experience rapid heart rate, because Maca gives you such crazy energy, kind of like an energy drink.

In all I would HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Good Luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Toronto For This Useful Post:

lightmydutch (05-29-2014)

Thanks

Congratulations on your testosterone level decrease! I really wish I could get mine down.

Where did you buy your 800 mg at? I'm seeing 750mg at the most. I've heard some good things about progesterone cream too. Do you just use everything by the directions?

And what does the level cleanse do?
    Last edited by ladysnave; 05-05-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Jen (24) ♥ Joshua (32)
    Married: 3/13/10
    Weight Loss: 42 lbs. down - 179 to go!
    Hidden Content
    Current Meds:
    Prenatal / Metformin 500 mg 3x daily / Medroxyprogesterone (Provera) / Fish Oil / Vitamin D 2,000 IU per day

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladysnave View Post
    Congratulations on your testosterone level decrease! I really wish I could get mine down.

Where did you buy your 800 mg at? I'm seeing 750mg at the most. I've heard some good things about progesterone cream too. Do you just use everything by the directions?

And what does the level cleanse do?

Sorry, typo! by level cleanse I meant to write LIVER cleanse. That cleanse I was told is good to do because your liver stores all extra male hormones, it's good to do to flush all of them out.

I got my Maca at a health store here in Toronto.
    I'm hope with this combo im tring of progesterone cream, maca and liver cleanse that I will have success! i'm being positive so you never know!

I just use everything how the directions say on the bottles and so far I'm having luck with it. If it says use 2-4 capsules I use 4 because I go by other medications i used to use. For example tylenol or advil I HAVE TO take 2 extra strength for it to work on me, everyone's different!

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

PS this is what the maca looks like that i use : https://www.vitashop.ca/maca/1430-wi...der-300g-.html

Thanks

I went of the BCP after being on it for 10 years beginning of February and started Maca Root Feb 23rd and took it until March 18th. I noticed I had a lot more energy, easier to get out of bed in the morning, and I had my libido back!! I had zero libido being on the BCP.
    I stopped March 18th when I went to a naturopath because he had me on some other drainage tinctures and wanted me to not take anything else. I noticed my energy go way down. I just recently started back on macs two days ago and plan to continue it now.

Thanks

Has anybody tried MACA/ Vitex/ Metformin combo? I am on met and vitex but I'm thinking about adding in MACA

Thanks

I am currently using the combo of all 3. For about 2 months now. No big changes, but I did have some minor spotting for about 4 days last week. This is the most I've EVER done on my own without medicine. I think it's trying to work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Jen (24) ♥ Joshua (32)
    Hidden Content
    Current Meds:
    Prenatal / Metformin 500 mg 3x daily / Medroxyprogesterone (Provera) / Fish Oil / Vitamin D 2,000 IU per day

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ladysnave For This Useful Post:

Kayzer1987 (07-02-2012)

Thanks

I've been taking maca for the past four months and I'm giving myself a one month break right now. I plan on starting back on it with my next cycle. Maca increased my libido and energy plus helped me get ewcm which is something I never get. For me the only downside was that it makes my pms worse, especially breast tenderness a full two weeks before my period starts. I mean hurting so bad I don't want to take my bra off at all because they are so swollen. When not taking maca I might get breast tenderness and acne a few days before af. It also shortened my cycle from 28 days down to 24 and I noticed some weight gain. One website I read said if you're taking too much (I was taking 1500mg) that it can cause breast tenderness and other pms symptoms and that you need to take less. I love being on it, but am going to take maybe 500mg to start off with next cycle.

Thanks

I also noticed when I was taking 2 vitex in the morning and 1 at night and 2 maca in th morning /2 at night, I was getting REALLY BAD headaches. I dropped my dose of maca in half and have been feeling much better.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Jen (24) ♥ Joshua (32)
    Hidden Content
    Current Meds:

Thanks

I've never heard of maca root before, I'm going to look into it! Toronto mentioned that it got rid of facial hair completely; how does that work? I was under the impression that you can prevent more hair follicles from being activated, but if a hair follicle has been activated you can't deactivate it and will need laser hair removal or something permanent to get rid of the hair you currently have. I have a lot of facial hair, it is my biggest PCOS problem, and I've been able to slow the growth a tiny bit with natural treatments but that's about it. If there is something that can take care of the hair growth either completely or mostly then I want to try it! Can anyone fill me in on how maca root helps with hair growth? Or am I asking the wrong question? There's so much information on this forum and I feel so overwhelmed!!