Waiting for a miracle sirrefarual's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default sweet smelling cm

ive heard that this can be a sign of ovulation. ive also heard it can be a sign of pregnancy. does anyone have any knowledge to these facts. ive had some fertile watery or eggwhite cm to go along with the sweet smell for 3 days now and im on cd15, do not temp or opk, and i had pinkish spotting yesterday.
    Last edited by sirrefarual; 05-12-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Hidden Content Joel and Laura Hidden Content
    Married 10/21/2012

Furbaby: Blaze

Super Moderator Pnksunflrws4ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's very possible. Hostile cm is very acidic. So sour smelling. If you're getting sweet smelling cm, I would say you're gearing up to O or are in the process. If you don't want to BBT or use OPKs, maybe checking your cervical position would also be a good option for you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You should try checking your temp. every morning. It is hard to tell from CM alone if you are O'ing.
    Me (32) DH (39) TTC since Nov/08
    I have a wonderful 7 year old girl (not my birth daughter)
    This cycle: Waiting for HCG and progesterone results.

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

a little background. i am on cd 15. i went off nuvaring on cd6 after using it for a month and going off for the af week then putting a new one in for only a day. i couldnt take the side effects so i took it out the day after i put the new one in.
    my unusual symptoms for me right now are excessive nausea compared to normal days (i always feel a lil nauseas off and on) today and last night i almost thought i would have to run to the bathroom to throw up, the sweet smelling cm today and yesterday, and for the past 6 days i have had increasing dizziness. if i sit and look at or focus on any one thing for too long i start to get very very dizzy and more nauseas and feel like i am spinning where i am standing, sitting or laying. its kinda like getting the spins from when you drink to much but without drinking any alcohol. im confused as to whats going on with my body.

would it be worthwhile to hold it for a while then try an ovulation test today? would it work if i did it in the afternoon and how long should i hold it?

i know that technically i guess it would be possible i got pregnant because me and my bf did not use extra protection during the first month on nuvaring and when i started nuvaring i started it without getting a period first. im not really sure what to think or do.

Married 10/21/2012

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i actually ordered a new thermometer this week. waiting for it to get here. i had temped in the past but wasnt consistent with how i did it so it wasnt accurate. im going to change it this time so hopefully it is accurate. for now though i havent temp'd for several months now.

Married 10/21/2012

Thanks
    Blog Entries

oh and my cervix felt high, kinda closed and firm today. im not too familiar with cervix positioning so idk if that is good or bad.

i should add i am not regular. and as far as ovulation goes idk if i ovulate really. seems like my body tries to gear up to but never quite gets to the point where it completely goes through with ovulation. im going to see an RE in a couple weeks though. not to ttc exactly but more to get my pds hopefully back to normal.

Married 10/21/2012

Thanks
    Blog Entries

im scared to get my hopes up or think i may have ovulated/ovulating or gotten pregnant. even though we arent ttc, before i met my b/f i was with my ex for about 3 yrs ttc with no success except a possible unconfirmed miscarriage. (couldnt get to the doctor to confirm anything at the time). it was so heartbreaking that whole time every time my body would make me think i ovulated or got pregnant it ended in disappointment. to avoid all that that is one reason i wanted to go back on b/c to avoid the possibilty so i could take a break from the emotion torment i guess but i couldnt handle the side effects so i stopped it after that month. so on another note the whole thought of what could or could not be happening with my body right now has set me on such a rollercoaster of feelings.

Married 10/21/2012

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Laura-It is likely that your hormones are all over the place right now. It is possibly for you to start showing signs of being fertile without actually being fertile due to hormone surges from being off the bc. With checking your cervix, you need to check it at the same time everyday. Infertile - Low, firm (like the tip of your nose), closed (feels completely shut). Transitional - Medium, obviously between the two. Fertile - High, Soft (like your lips), open (can sometimes insert your finger)

I would consider yourself fertile right now to be safe and avoid or dtd. Whichever you'd prefer.

When I was pg, my cm was creamy or sticky. I don't think there is a set cm type when you are pg.

I'd say start charting your cm and cp now and see if there is a patter on FF. Then when you're thermometer gets there start temping.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

good advice. at least then i can attempt to see if there is any pattern. if not then i guess i can assume its hormones going crazy. i wish all of this could be more clear cut and not so confusing. sometimes it feels like my body is a puppet and someone is pulling the strings messing with me lol.

Married 10/21/2012

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OMG do I hear you. I'm bf'ing right now and just got my 1st pp AF. Before AF, if she nursed less or more in a day my temp and body would be all over the place. It stinks that there isn't a magic pill out there we can just take and call it good.

And after preventing or just not trying, it's like my body is a stranger and we need to get reaquainted. The first time I checked cp after dd, I was seriously in the bathroom, like "Hi, my name is Liz, nice to meet you." Then we were shaking hands and hugging like old pals. LOL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Fertile cervix position is SHOW, like Liz said. SHOW Soft, High, Open, Wet.

When I was pregnant, I didn't have a good smell. I smelled like chicken noodle soup.. Everywhere. I hated it. It was gross!
    Crystal

Gavin Born 6/13/04, 6 lbs 11 ozs 20 inches long at 37 weeks on the dot
    Kassandra Born 9/22/10, 7 lbs 14 ozs 20.5 inches long, induced at 38 weeks 3 days

Thanks

I have had sweet smell around the time of O. Not sure if it has to do with CM or just my body getting ready to O. I get lots of EWCM and the sweet smell and I know I am going to ovulate.
    I definitely think your hormones are all over the place. They sound like estrogen dominant symptoms to me. If you can confirm O it might help to use progesterone after to help balance your hormones.
    Me 28 & DH 29
    Hidden Content Married 3/29/2008Hidden Content
    TTC #1 1/2010

Supplements: Synergy Prenatal, Calcium Magnesium, Vitex, Cinnamon, Chromium, Inositol Powder, Kyo-Green, B-Complex Liquid, Vitamin D3, MK7, EPA-DHA, NAC, Vitamin E, Probiotic, Iodine, & NPC after ovulation

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i took an opk yesterday and it was negative. still showing the same symptoms. i think its probably my body messing with me. me and the bf bd'd last night since the opk was negative. so if i am going to ovulate don't think it happened yet. today my cervix felt high soft and open how ya'all were mentioning. so idk totally what to think. i also feel awful today though with a bad migraine and nausea to go with it. idk if i'll make it through work.

Married 10/21/2012