Thanks

Unhappy Help! The period that will not end!!!!

I need some advice from my cysters... I was having some light spotting for a few months mostly when active or after intercourse. I went for my well woman exam and the doc put me on met and the pill. He said this should help. The pill he prescribed was yaz, but I could not afford it so I got this gianvi crap instead. It did take care of the spotting for a few days. But then I started getting horrible cramps and a few days later heavy bleeding. That was almost a month ago I'm still bleeding. I did not like the gianvi and so doc switched me to tri sprintec. He said this should help. One week in and I'm still bleeding as heavy as ever. Any advice on what I should do would be helpful. Doc just says wait it out, but it is affecting my work and of course life in general. I have heard that some women have to double up on pills for a few weeks or something. I'm just at my wits end...!!!!
    Thanks

Thanks

I so understand what you are going through. I was on my period for 5 weeks and 5 days before I stopped. The dr gave me the tri sprintec. The week before I started the pill was when I started my period. I had only about a week break from my period and bam got it again for 7 days. Well then I quite birth control and 5 days later Im on my period again. I pray that I don't have it for over a week. Im so sick of this. Keep taking the bcp. They helped me. I'm just impatient and I want to have a baby sooo bad. I have clomid and start them on Tuesday 100 mg. I pray I get pregnant soon. I'm not taking anymore bcp. I want a baby and the pill isn't going to help me get pregnant. I did bleed heavier after I started bcp. The 7 days I was on my period I didn't bleed as heavy as I did before. This time on my period I'm not bleeding that heavy either. I pray its gone soon. I'm not sure how much more I can handle.
    Me (34) Barry (43)

Registered User PersonalTrainerMom's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had something like this for the past month as well, I go for an ultra sound on Friday. I hope it stops for you soon.

I'm Ron Burgundy? hybridtheory45's Avatar
    Thanks

I had what I thought was a period from December of last year straight on through till March of this year, when I saw an endo. He explained that since before December, I hadn't had a period since August, this bleeding wasn't an actual period. It was simply because SO much lining had built up over the months that it was being forced out simply due to there only being so much space in there. (This is also why it's heavier after activity or an orgasm.) He put me on a 10 day course of Prometrium to induce a REAL period, clean everything out, and start fresh. Haven't had an issue since then.

Birth control seems like an odd course of action for this-I'd ask if your doc will prescribe Prometrium for you instead.
    Alyssa 27 Hidden Content David 24
    together since 6/22/10

Hidden Content I'm a Hidden Content and couldn't love it more! Hidden Content

What I'm doing:
    Eating Primal/Paleo, , Biotin 5ooomg, Magnesium 400mg, Carlton's Fish Oil 1000mg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hybridtheory45 For This Useful Post:

Jennifer S (05-20-2011)

Thanks

I get that on and off, and always need bcp to stop it.

Mommy to an Angel Baby... msdiva1922's Avatar
    Thanks

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!

I have month long periods, every other month. Which is a slight improvement from when I was in my teens--back then, they would last for two months or more. The trade-off, I suppose is at least back then, I'd be on for 2 months and off for 3-4, then on again. Now, I bleed for a month, am off for a month, then bleed for a month. Had a D&C in 2005, which cleared things up for awhile, but the silliness eventually came back. Just had another ultrasound to see if I needed another, but GYN says I don't. One thing is for sure...I lost about 30 lbs in 2009, and that did the trick as far as regulation goes! Trying to get back there...

Having anovulatory cycles SUCKS. I always feel like, if I'm not ovulating, which I desperately want to be doing, I shouldn't have to deal with the bleeding!
    Crystal (30) Boo (46), Diagnosed with PCOS, 2005, August 2011 began Met
    BFP 10/17/2011!! M/C 10/29-31 at 5wks 3days...Hidden Content , HSG 7/2012--ALL CLEAR!
    1st Cycle (7/12) 100 mg. Clomid 5-9--No response, 2nd Cycle (8/12) 100 mg Clomid 4-8+Follistim+Ovidrel=Please God! *praying*
    Hidden Content
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

OMG I hear ya! If I'm going to have a period I better be ovulating. Why have a period if you cannot ovulate and why have a period if I'm never going to get pregnant. We should not be tortured like this. My periods have been heavy since 2007. I'm so tired of it. When I tell the doctor I want to get pregnant the first thing that comes out of their mouth is lets get you started on some birth control pills. I wanna say HELLLLOOOOO I WANT TO HAVE A BABY! I know there are other alternatives out there. It is our money we are paying for the stuff so give us what we need to conceive. All of this I'm going through and seeing others go through makes me want to become an OB/GYN and specialize in infertility. I'm seriously considering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdiva1922 View Post
    I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!

I have month long periods, every other month. Which is a slight improvement from when I was in my teens--back then, they would last for two months or more. The trade-off, I suppose is at least back then, I'd be on for 2 months and off for 3-4, then on again. Now, I bleed for a month, am off for a month, then bleed for a month. Had a D&C in 2005, which cleared things up for awhile, but the silliness eventually came back. Just had another ultrasound to see if I needed another, but GYN says I don't. One thing is for sure...I lost about 30 lbs in 2009, and that did the trick as far as regulation goes! Trying to get back there...

Having anovulatory cycles SUCKS. I always feel like, if I'm not ovulating, which I desperately want to be doing, I shouldn't have to deal with the bleeding!
    Me (34) Barry (43)

Thanks

Thanks ladies. It's finally slowing down! Thank goodness. I have had pcos for years but this was a new one for me. Usually I am at the other end of the spectrum never having a period. I am working on losing weight, 30 lbs down, so hopefully that will help regulate along with the met and pill.

Mommy to an Angel Baby... msdiva1922's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieD78 View Post
    OMG I hear ya! If I'm going to have a period I better be ovulating. Why have a period if you cannot ovulate and why have a period if I'm never going to get pregnant. We should not be tortured like this. My periods have been heavy since 2007. I'm so tired of it. When I tell the doctor I want to get pregnant the first thing that comes out of their mouth is lets get you started on some birth control pills. I wanna say HELLLLOOOOO I WANT TO HAVE A BABY! I know there are other alternatives out there. It is our money we are paying for the stuff so give us what we need to conceive. All of this I'm going through and seeing others go through makes me want to become an OB/GYN and specialize in infertility. I'm seriously considering it.
    That's very noble, Stephanie--When you open your practice, I'll send a bottle of champagne!! And you're right--why do these GYN's hold the meds hostage from us?? I'm nervous everytime I go see mine, for fear that she'll sense my excitement and just order another round of blood work to piss me off...lol.
    Crystal (30) Boo (46), Diagnosed with PCOS, 2005, August 2011 began Met
    BFP 10/17/2011!! M/C 10/29-31 at 5wks 3days...Hidden Content , HSG 7/2012--ALL CLEAR!
    1st Cycle (7/12) 100 mg. Clomid 5-9--No response, 2nd Cycle (8/12) 100 mg Clomid 4-8+Follistim+Ovidrel=Please God! *praying*
    Hidden Content
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I had two extremely long ones years ago. I remember I went to my GYN once and the girl taking my vitals freaked out very unprofessionally when I told her it had been seven months. I didn't even punch her, LOL. I had DNCs to try to get them to end. That worked for one of them, but not the other...ugh. If I remember right, a switch up in BCP fixed that one. I feel for anyone that experiences a long period.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I usually have weird spotting with the occasional flow for about 2 weeks of the month every month. I started my period on 6/4, light and then a normal flow for the past 5 days. I started Metformin on Friday 6/10 and so far the flow is still rather steady. I don't know if the Metformin is doing this or just the luck of the draw this month. Either way it is SUPER annoying.
    Married to DH 4/23/05, together since 6/29/01.
    Currently TTC.
    Diagnosed 6/10/11
    LH 10.2 mIU/mL, FSH 4.7 mIU/mL, TSH sensitivity 3.14uIU/mL
    Metformin 1500MG, Vitamin D daily 5000IU sublingual, Inositol
    Current Weight: 230lbs, Target Weight: 140lbs.

Thanks

I completely understand what your going through. i went through it a couple of years ago. i was bleeding so much i was hospitalized bc i became super anemic and lost so much blood. thankfully after 4 months it finally stopped but i was on BC that entire time and i had to wait for it to take effect. hope everything works out for you