Thanks

Default best way to hide stubble for facial hair!

hi ladies!
    i JUST discovered the BEST way to hide facial stubble. I havn't been able to wax or thread recently because i am due for laser teratment starting next month and my laser girl told me NOT to pluck at all and only shave. unfortunately, shaving my face caused really dark shadow on my upperlip and chin area, VERY visible even in dim room light, i just couldnt imagine showing my face outside to anyone!
    here is what i disocvered and i thought i will share it here for other ladies who may have this problem.
    take a lighter than your skin tone stick concealer (the ont that looks like lipstick or a lighter colored paintstick foundation) and rub it generously on the area. ull see the area will look alot lighter than your skin. After that, just take a bronze, pressed or any loose powder that will match ur skin tone and lightly brush it on top.. if this doesnt work try using maybe darker powder to mask the concealer.
    it really works!! i just discovered it now and i thought i would share it here for other women with similar embarassing problem.
    leme know if it works for u!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TaraC For This Useful Post:

keysfergy (06-21-2011)

Registered User AboveTheExtreme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

TaraC.. thank you for the advice when i first read this post.. the first thing i thought you said was.. Take a lighter to your face lol.. sorry it's late and i wasn't thinking lol...

Thanks

I read take a "lighter" to your face too!! ha ha ha ha .. 3rd degree burns would SURELY hid the stubble!

On a serious note, I love this method, I use Hard Candy's "Glamoflauge" concealer at the advice of another cycster. I use a shade lighter, its like making "new skin" ( this concealer is VERY thick" then I use a darker shade, more my natural of Nutrogena's Hypoallergenic facemakep/powder. I am not a fan of "makeup" per say, and it is a bit like wearing a mask.. but it is a means to the end for what we are going through. I am however a little concerned about summer coming up, and having to wear a ton of makeup.. Ill let you know if I have any face melting fiascos!

This Month: In the 2WW Baby!! BFP for a April LO!!
    Femara 10mg CD 3-8
    Follistim 75 MG CD 9-10 ( Not RX protocol, but, I have 2 left they expired in June)
    HCG w/ TI ..Progesterone/2ww
    R Ovary 22mm, 14mm ~L Ovary 23mm ~Lining 14mm
    Ovarian Drilling 6/2012
    5 Rounds Femara (2.5-7.5mg)
    10/10 Follistim/Trigger ~ IUI
    7 Rounds of Clomid w/trigger ( 50mg-200mg) ( Clomid resistant.. Go figure!!)
    Not Preventing since 2003 ~ DX PCOS 2004~ TTC 2006 ~ M/C 2003~ Chemical Pregnancy 2007

Thanks

omg i just read it and yea i should have written it differently. i was actually so excited about discovering this method and wanted to share it here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TaraC For This Useful Post:

wantnbbs (05-20-2011)

Registered User AboveTheExtreme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i think it's amazing!!

Thanks

I have a methods I use that seems to work really well for me. After moisturizing and letting it soak in for a bit, I use a makeup primer only on the area I shave. I have combo skin so if I use it in my t zone, things get way to slick by the end of the day. After applying the primer and allowing it to set for a few minutes, I use concealer on any dark spots that might need to be covered like acne scars, etc. Then I use Revlon Color Stay makeup in a shade lighter than what I'd normally wear on the area. Sometimes I'll apply it with my fingers but most of the time, I use a makeup brush called a stippling brush. When used correctly, the coverage is great and looks almost airbrushed. I blend it up into my cheek area and then usually apply a different foundation to the rest of my face that isn't so heavy. After the Color Stay drys, I will sometimes apply a mineral powder for a little more coverage. Sometimes, I'll just use a regular powder for oil control. I find I get great coverage this way and I often get complements on my skin.

This seems like a lot of makeup and if you aren't someone who wares a lot, you'll feel like you are really caking it on. Just keep practicing until you feel comfortable with it and even try blending different foundations together. The most important thing to remember is before you go to bed, be sure to clean your face thoroughly and then moisturize again. This keeps you from breaking out badly and helps your skin heal. Which is important especially if you have to shave your facial hair.

Diagnosed 1996

Thanks

Seriously,,, i always try concealers and with heat it melts and it looks weird and the hair is obvious

Hidden Content Diagnosed on 23rd November 2010 Hidden Content
    21 Years Old
    How? By my dermatologist when i complained about Facial Hair.
    However: Regaular Periods 100%, never missed a cycle, not at all Over weight 50Kg and tall.
    On Flutamide Cytomid 250Grams Daily:
    Androsteindione : 5.08
    Free Testestorone : 3.40 - Now 2.38
    DHT: 4th Dec 2010 Before Flutamide466 - After 6 weeks Flutamide 403 - After 4 months 306 = ( 35% Reduction)Hidden Content

Thanks

hmmm ladies i am stuck1 i have tried to find the camoflauge one at wallmart but no avail

i attempted to put just concelear on and use that, and OMG it makes it worse, makes my whole face red not sure what else to do, i have to shave my chin and whole under neck daily and this is getting outrageous and the embarrassment gets to me, not a half hour goes by with out me thinking about my 5 o clock shadow :S any other advise???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmarly88 View Post
    hmmm ladies i am stuck1 i have tried to find the camoflauge one at wallmart but no avail

i attempted to put just concelear on and use that, and OMG it makes it worse, makes my whole face red not sure what else to do, i have to shave my chin and whole under neck daily and this is getting outrageous and the embarrassment gets to me, not a half hour goes by with out me thinking about my 5 o clock shadow :S any other advise???
    Nothing looks worse than bristles sticking through makeup. Try a better razor for your morning shave and get a rechargeable men's-type razor for a quick touch-up shave in the middle of the day.

Joy

Thanks

Joy i appreciate your response i have been reading your thoughtful responses on other threads on here... I am attempting to be more accepting as you are, but society SUCKS in that sense... the recharagble ones you mean like one with the 3 circular blades? do these cause reddening??? right now i unfortunatley have to use disposable ones (sucks i know) and use baby lotion, it makes it very smooth (for about 3 hrs, then bam i get any kind of goosebumps orshivers and BAm back to square one... its just so emotionally hard and its not new to me, i am almost 25 and have been doing it since 12 so i shoudl have it down pact, but the shadow and black dots are just getting worse n worse n worse :S

Thanks

Joy i appreciate your response i have been reading your thoughtful responses on other threads on here... I am attempting to be more accepting as you are, but society SUCKS in that sense... the recharagble ones you mean like one with the 3 circular blades? do these cause reddening??? right now i unfortunatley have to use disposable ones (sucks i know) and use baby lotion, it makes it very smooth (for about 3 hrs, then bam i get any kind of goosebumps orshivers and BAm back to square one... its just so emotionally hard and its not new to me, i am almost 25 and have been doing it since 12 so i shoudl have it down pact, but the shadow and black dots are just getting worse n worse n worse :S
    I've been shaving since I was thirteen, so I've got very used to it. It's a reality whether I like it or not. And since I was fifteen I've been shaving every day. In those days it was just my moustache, but once I hit forty my beard began to grow in and now in my mid-50s there's really very little difference between my beard growth and that of DH.

You're right in that society isn't ready for women with obvious beard growth. I've got enough brass neck to nowadays to tease society when we're on vacation in our cabin away from most of society. I usually let it all grow in then and when we go into one or other of the nearest small towns to buy provisions, the stares I get are quite amusing as they try to figure out just what I am. Although there's no problem at work when I appear obviously flat-chested, I'd simply never get away with beard growth at work, so for most of the year shaving is just part of the day's routine -- normally once a day, in the morning, but if I'm going to be out at night, then again in the early evening.

I think, though, that to deal with the problem by shaving one has to start from the position that male-type moustache and/or beard growth is best dealt with using razors designed for that sort of growth, and that means men's razors and men's shaving gels or creams if it's a wet razor that's being used. Disposable razors are rarely as good quality as the "comparable" men's ones using cartridges. Do remember to pull the skin taut ahead of the razor. And do remember to soak your face with hot water first of all and then to dip the razor head into very hot water after every stroke.

There's no one answer suits everyone. I personally find the rotary-head models from the Philips Norelco range suit me best, but any new form of shaving takes a while to get used to. Not all rotary-head razors are the same -- the Philips Norelco ones grip the hair under tension before cutting it, so when the cut hair is released the end is just under the surface of the skin. They also have a good reputation over the years for being less irritating than other forms of shaving. They're also quiet if you have to shave in a washroom during the day. However there are plenty of little battery or rechargeable travel razors which are very neat and can slip into your purse easily. There are lots of particularly neat ones available on the Asian market, much like those sold by www.bestofferbuy.com, but sadly most of them are 220 volt recharging only. It's not a deal killer, because you can buy step-up transformers, but it makes them less versatile and attractive from our point of view. They have the advantage that if someone happens to see them in your purse they don't really look like a razor at all.

Sadly, I don't think we're going to change society, much of which seems to be unwilling to recognise the fact that some women have moustache and/or beard growth every bit as heavy as the average man. The strange thing is that what I've discovered is that it's other women who are the least tolerant in that respect. As you may know, the male friends of the family that either my DH or I have told about the fact that I shave every day (mainly to make life easier for all of us, because they're guys who sometimes overnight with us when they're passing through the area) have without exception been very nice about it. Of course they're curious about it, but not in a nasty way. And yes, they've seen me with beard stubble -- indeed I've even shaved in the presence of some of them. It certainly hasn't spoiled my relationship with them. That still amazes me -- as a teenager I couldn't imagine any guy wanting anything to do with a girl who shaved her moustache like a guy and yet my DH fell for me having seen my coarse moustache stubble. Guys -- or at least an awful lot of them -- just don't seem to react to it in the negative way that most women seem to. I do recognize, though, that I have the enormous advantage of knowing that my DH, our kids, and those friends who are "in the know" all accept the fact that I have the same sort of beard growth as a male and that I shave in the same way as most guys do.

Getting a method of shaving that suits you, though, is absolutely essential. Why not start by switching to a good quality men's razor and men's shaving soap or gel. for a start, with a battery-operated travel razor for touching up through the day?

There is a significant difference in comfort and quality with the more expensive rechargeable razors, but it's not directly proportionate to price. A couple of hundred dollars buys you a very nice rechargeable razor -- but you can get reasonable Chinese models to stick in your purse for $10 - $15.

Joy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joyblack For This Useful Post:

AboveTheExtreme (06-04-2011),danmar76 (06-13-2011)

Thanks

Joy again thank you, i wasnt able to come back on the boards until today and i so appreciate everything you have shared with me! ! ! ! ! i was so upset the first time my mom got me waxed and i do resent her for this, b.c i had never had anyone say anything, never seen it in pictures etcetcetc i know my dh loves me, but i struggle with not feeling as "adaquete' i want to be able to go out in the summer, with my crazy long curly hair up in a pony tail, not down over my shoulders in hopes of hiding it a bitmore, i hope that one day i can do this, and tell people in real life about it and how much it hurts to deal with this... i am attempting to be better with it, and am getting frusturated with everyone saying, let it grow out and just bleach it, they dont get that will not work :S

so again, thank you for everything, you are truly an inspiration

Thanks

i was so upset the first time my mom got me waxed and i do resent her for this, b.c i had never had anyone say anything, never seen it in pictures etcetcetc
    You don't say how old you were at the time, but she was probably doing what she (wrongly) thought was for the best, to save you (as she thought) embarrassment.

i know my dh loves me, but i struggle with not feeling as "adaquete' i want to be able to go out in the summer, with my crazy long curly hair up in a pony tail, not down over my shoulders in hopes of hiding it a bitmore, i hope that one day i can do this, and tell people in real life about it and how much it hurts to deal with this... i am attempting to be better with it, and am getting frusturated with everyone saying, let it grow out and just bleach it, they dont get that will not work
    These people are probably, like your mother was, trying to be helpful. They simply don't understand that though there are ways that may be OK to deal with very fine growths of hair such as some females have, there are other girls and women who have facial hair growth that's far heavier and often right into the range that's more typical for a male. Waxing in those instances only makes the hair growth worse and bleaching results in a coarse blonde beard that's more obvious than ever against the light.

None of us would have chosen to have moustache or beard growth, but the bottom line is that there are plenty of us who have it, and the fact that we shave every day like guys do doesn't seem to spoil things at all with our DHs or indeed with male friends who know that we do. As a teenager, I reckoned I would never accept the fact that I had moustache growth like a guy and had to shave every day. Yet nowadays, with not just moustache growth but with full beard growth like a guy, I find that I've completely accepted shaving every day and indeed in my mid-50s reckon that I've got better relationships with my DH and with other men than the girls I was with in high school who never needed even to take a few hairs of their upper lip do.

Joy

Thanks

Thanks Joy! you are an inspiration truly to love ourselves for who we are... i was 13 when my mom did it, i was confussed b/c no one had said anything, i didnt notice it, and also look back on many pics and have never seen what i do now

it is true, i guess its like IF, if you speak with friends who are not dealing with IF their reasonings/ideas/suggestions are a bit outrageous... its just all so tough even though i have been doing it for 12 years ha