Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Hi everyone!

Sorry I didnt do an update, but was very busy with other things and forgot about this. I stopped taking the anti-candida medicine, because I got sick all the time! That was very time consuming and terrible

Luckly the topic of dandruff came along here and got my attention. I have dandruff yes.. and also vag. candida that wont go away. I have it for almost two years :s . I used to take medicine that I got from the doctor but stopped using it because it was gross and It didnt seem to help. So what I did was use garlic instead! Garlic helped was more effective. Now I get very mild infections... so I figured. I have to heal my gut in order to get rid of this mess. My periods are regular and my testosteron (last time I checked was normal) but my facial hair has increased :s it didnt do that for many years, but this year it has gotten a lot more.

So I ordered this http://www.pflanztrog.com/img/unimet...147964_500.jpg to make my own sauerkraut!
    Tried to make it in a jar at home. But that just didnt work for me and I got affraid of potential micro-organism that shoudnt be there.

On kefir: I used to make kefir at home. I helped a lot with my mood. I noticed an increase in hapiness. I talked about this with my mom, I told her about a period where I was more happy. She asked me what did you change.. and I couldnt think of anything! besides drinking Kefir. I know strange. It was not placebo because I didnt not make any conncetions prior to taking it. I noticed afterward. ( In the past 10 years I have noticed a clear connection between my mood and food)
    From what I know making kefir at home is best with raw milk (jersey cows not holestein). I made my kefir with full fat pasteurised milk. Have heared that you should heat up the milk before making kefir.. becuae raw milk kills the nasty germs but pasteurised milk cant do that.

GSE: I have heared that this is contaminated, so im tossing it out.

There was an other post here http://www.soulcysters.net/showthrea...w-i-cured-pcos.
    This lady healed here PCOS with curcuma. And I found this on the internet:

Research on Curcumin and Candida
    Research was conducted at the Department of Microbiologia at the Centro de Engenharias in Brazil. The test was done on cells in a lab, not on human subjects. The study showed that curcumin was a more potent antifungal than the drug fluconazole. The curcumin acted by inhibiting the Candida's adhesion. A phase 1 trail using turmeric to treat colorectal cancer showed that oral ingesting of curcumin was beneficial in treatment, but further tests are needed.

Learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/028043_tu...#ixzz1jwPYauaq

I will update after taking my homemade pro-biotic
    Good luck everyone.

Fermentation links:
    http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ or check her youtube channel
    http://www.wildfermentation.com/
    Goal 1: Regular menstruation ---> achieved Hidden Content Green pasture cod liver oil 9 ml
    Goal 2: Reduce hirsutisme/acne -> in progress
    Current meds 2x fish oil --> reduce omega 6 to 3 ratio --> reduce testosterone 2x saw palmetto --> not working
    2x vitex --> experimenting its ok

just added 1. 1/2 DV Kelp for iodine 3. b-50 complex
    2. 1/2 DV Magnesium 4. milk thistle

Registered User alice_of_the_wood's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wow! Thanks so much for your post! I'm definitely going to look into that!

Thanks

Thanks for the info - I had not thought of yeast in connection to PCOS.

Registered User conception_wait's Avatar
    Thanks

What was the special candida diet that you were put on by your naturopath?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The diet was basically no sugar, including most fruits, breads, pastas, etc. No artificial sweeteners either. I was basically eating meat and vegetables.
    Angel baby Lydia - RIP 03/21/2011 Hidden Content

Brynna Grace - Born 07/28/2012 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

WHOA- Has anyone else tried this? What were your results. I'm new to the forum and am just blown away by the similarities.
    WHY is it so hard to find a doc who is tuned in to all of this? More and more I believe that there is a connection between ALL of my issues-
    the PCOS, Fibro, CFS.
    It's really reassuring to read that so many of you have had similar experiences... but then disheartening because none of us would be here if we'd found a "magic cure."
    It ain't like catching the cold, is it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuzeyQ View Post
    WHOA- Has anyone else tried this? What were your results. I'm new to the forum and am just blown away by the similarities.
    WHY is it so hard to find a doc who is tuned in to all of this? More and more I believe that there is a connection between ALL of my issues-
    the PCOS, Fibro, CFS.
    It's really reassuring to read that so many of you have had similar experiences... but then disheartening because none of us would be here if we'd found a "magic cure."
    It ain't like catching the cold, is it?
    That's what's so tricky about PCOS. It affects everyone differently. I wish there was just one magic cure that healed everyone's PCOS. I was just lucky enough to find mine, and treating candida happened to be it. I'm sure not everyone with PCOS has candida, but I am quite sure many with PCOS have candida and don't know about it.

It's hard to find doctors who treat/know about this because most mainstream doctors view candida as a myth, when in fact it is very real. Most naturopaths are open to it and do treat it, though, thankfully.

Hidden Content

Thanks

quick question...is candex the only thing thats available or are there stronger formulas available? i have a yeast problem and i tried candex and i dont think it was strong enough..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There is another one called Syntol. I haven't tried it, but I've heard it's stronger than Candex.

Also, have you tried combining Candex with a garlic supplement?

Hidden Content

Thanks

Ugh Ive had a yeast problem lately. I rarely get yeast infections but if I am on antibiotics I do get one. Then last month I wore pantyliners alot and got one, treated it. Then before my period it came back with a vengence. I dont know if I have a candida problem all over though or just down there.
    Me (26) DH(31) DS(4) 123 lbs 5'6 Oily Skin, Acne, Irregular periods, Thinning hair
    MTHFR, PCOS (although I think AAE is more fitting)
    Currently taking
    100 mg Aldactone, Diane -35, Retin-A
    Tests before pregnancy and breastfeeding revealed:
    DHEAS (335) Testosterone (85) LH:FSH 1:1 (it has been higher previously) Fasting insulin 7.5
    Tests done 06/23/2010-LH 11.2 FSH 4.7
    Tests done Sept 2010-All normal!
    Tests April 2013-Low everything? Not normal. I

Thanks

jojopuff, you are an angel, I can't thank you enough for posting all the information about candida!!! I'm more than sure that I might have it. I'm starting the diet in a few days. Could you please write a few words about your die-off symptoms? Was it hard for you to cope with them?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iwillbefine For This Useful Post:

jojopuff (04-14-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iwillbefine View Post
    jojopuff, you are an angel, I can't thank you enough for posting all the information about candida!!! I'm more than sure that I might have it. I'm starting the diet in a few days. Could you please write a few words about your die-off symptoms? Was it hard for you to cope with them?
    The first symptom I had (with just the garlic) was a really bad breakout of acne on my face. When I started the Nystatin, I had severe stomach upset and felt like I had food poisoning for a few days. It was a little hard to deal with, but I knew it was for a good cause. I took vitamin C with it and drank lots of water, and that helped a lot. Good luck with everything - let me know how it goes!

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BookAddict View Post
    Ugh Ive had a yeast problem lately. I rarely get yeast infections but if I am on antibiotics I do get one. Then last month I wore pantyliners alot and got one, treated it. Then before my period it came back with a vengence. I dont know if I have a candida problem all over though or just down there.
    Have you tried taking the candida quiz? You can take it here: http://www.coconutdiet.com/CANDIDAQUESTIONAIRE.rtf

Hidden Content

Thanks

My score was 89, so thats not very high really according to the test
    Me (26) DH(31) DS(4) 123 lbs 5'6 Oily Skin, Acne, Irregular periods, Thinning hair
    MTHFR, PCOS (although I think AAE is more fitting)
    Currently taking
    100 mg Aldactone, Diane -35, Retin-A
    Tests before pregnancy and breastfeeding revealed:
    DHEAS (335) Testosterone (85) LH:FSH 1:1 (it has been higher previously) Fasting insulin 7.5
    Tests done 06/23/2010-LH 11.2 FSH 4.7
    Tests done Sept 2010-All normal!
    Tests April 2013-Low everything? Not normal. I

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BookAddict View Post
    My score was 89, so thats not very high really according to the test
    Yeah that probably means you don't have a systemic problem, just vaginal. If you find you are suffering from annoying vaginal infections frequently, you can always try taking garlic. It's a great remedy if you want an alternative to prescription meds.

Sorry this info wasn't very helpful for you. It fascinates me how PCOS can affect everyone so differently. Good luck!!

Hidden Content