Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Petiteflower, have you tried clomid before? If not, I would recommend giving it a shot to see how your body reacts. I've used clomid many, many times over the years and while I ovulate on it, it has never given me a BFP. There's also Femera, which I haven't taken (yet), but it sounds like for PCOS patients, it's a better alternative to clomid. Have you talked to your dr. about that?

In my opinion though, based on results I've read about from so many women, OD is such a great route to take, especially if you can find a doc that knows about this new procedure (fertiliscope). My doctor is on the cutting edge of pcos treatment and I was actually her first patient doing OD using the fertiliscope procedure. There was even a company rep in the room walking her through some of it. I haven't been able to find any information online about anyone else that has done this new procedure. The only thing I can find online about it is from the company itself. I'm feeling great today and so glad that I had the procedure done. It was not a big deal, and I feel like it's probably less invasive and treats the problem better than drugs.

Time will tell.

Thanks

Hi, I am new here...
    Cridge awesome news that your OD went well...
    I am booked in to have it done next Wednesday along with dye testing ... Unfortunately down here (NZ) they still use the air, so im sure like last lap that I had I will get the shoulder pain...
    Sounds like you had a great recovery! fxd the next few months bring you your BFP.

Brief Hx : PCOS, on metformin 1500mg, like you cringe lost lots of weight initially but has now plateued despite exercise and diet continuing... Tried Clomid 50mg, 100mg, 150mg progressively over the last year, and in april stopped responding (150mg)... Been waiting for surgery date since then... hoping so much that this will do the trick!

Cringe, and others did you temp after OD? were u told to have a month of ttc or able to start straight away?

Thankz Ladies!
    Baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,328 Posts

I'm just starting my TTC journey, trying clomid for the first time starting tomorrow. If I O I'll be happy with that for now, I don't think we're ready for anything more aggressive then making sure I am O-capable and BDing when the mood strikes us....next summer we'll be down for more drastic measures if I don't get pg this summer We are kind of leaving it up to fate for now, just trying to get my stupid ovaries to do SOMETHING like they are supposed to >

Thanks

petiteflower, I think that's a good plan if you're just starting out ttc. good luck to you! I hope the clomid goes well!

hopeful, I plan on temping - started this morning. My doc also wants me to use opts on my first cycle after OD. I temped faithfully for 10 years - not thrilled to be doing it again, but hopefully I'll start actually seeing some temp rises this time. I know my body well enough to know that if I'm at 97.9 I haven't ovulated, but at 98.0 I have, so I don't necessarily need to temp every single day, but I will for the first few months so I know exactly when I ovulate. Good luck with your OD next week! I also had the dye testing done. It was nice to be able to kill 3 or 4 birds with one stone.

Thanks

Oh - and hopeful, my drs orders are to start letrozole the first full cycle after OD. She wants me to bring on a cycle next week, but I think I'm going to wait until 2 full weeks after my OD to see if maybe I'll ovulate or start a cycle on my own.

Thanks

I had OD in Dec last year. Unfortunatly it didn't do anything for me. No AF, No O. The op itself was really straightforward and pretty painless. I didn't need any painkillers and was up and about a few hours afterwards. the incision in the belly button takes about a week to heal, it hurts a little when you get up/sit down etc.

I did think it would be my miracle cure and really got my hopes up of something happening. Hope everyone else has much better luck! xx
    Me (Kelly) 32 Hidden Content OH (Steve) 32 Hidden Content
    Dx PCOS/IR '96
    Dx Diabetic Type II '10
    Met 2000mg, Baby asprin, folic acid, agnus castus, EPO, Vit b's
    Clomid 18/08- 50/100/150mg- NO O
    OD 12th Dec '10- No O either

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I had OD last year, and whether you wait to see or try meds if totally up to you and your doctor. In my case, I was a very extreme case and both my doctor and I felt that starting meds right away was our best shot. I was very resistant to Clomid before the surgery, but responded very well after. I managed to Ov on 7 cycles of Clomid/Femara directly after the procedure. I did start getting more resistant again after a few months had passed though. For me it was not permanent, and had a limited timeline for it's benefits. But I am thankful for the opportunity it gave me. Almost a year later, we upped my Metformin and did another cycle of injects- I responded far better that time than I had in the past, we have no idea if it was from the OD or from the Metformin, but it worked great and gave me a BFP. I have no regrets over my surgery, and would have done it all over again.

Thanks

well ladies i had an unexpected ph call from the hospital on friday they want me to go in this wednesday for the laprascopic ovarian drilling and dye test!!!! i thought i would be waiting for months on the public waiting list. so wednesday it is, i have just finished AF so that is good timing. the bad news is i started taking clomid on day 3 of AF and took 2 doses only then to be rung and told im having the OD in 6 days time!! well i didnt want to take the rest of the clomid, grow some follies and then have them drill holes into my ovaries!! so i have stopped taking the rest of the clomid......i hope i havent screwed my body up any more..... :S
    me (28)Hidden Content U/S normal, lap and OD - inside looks perfect!!DH(30) - OK
    IVF antagonist cycle 23 follies but only 3 mature retrieved
    2 fertilised but only one embryo as other got ferilised by 2 keen sperm
    1 perfect 8cell grade A embie transferred day 3 -now PUPO!! none to freeze. please stick little Nemo! our
    lone trooper!
    "he settles the barren woman to be a joyful mother of children Praise the Lord!" Psalms 113:9

Thanks

well ladies i had my lap dye and Ovarian drilling yesterday. went into theatre at 10am and it took one hour, i was in recovery for over 4 hours but that is because i apparently had some sort of seizure post op - i had a recent concussion that might have had something to do with that and plus anaesthetic on top would nt have helped. anyway they told me my uterus, tubes and ovaries all look really good, no blockages, no polyps and ovaries are not large and cystic but they did drill (diathermy) 4 holes into each ovary to hopefully stimualate normal cycles and ovualatroy cycles. im bleeding a bit vaginally and that will last a couple of days. i have 3 incisions in my tummy, they not too bad but it is a bit hard to bend down, get up and down. feel quite bruised inside. overall though i am really happy fingers crossed this will work for me
    me (28)Hidden Content U/S normal, lap and OD - inside looks perfect!!DH(30) - OK
    IVF antagonist cycle 23 follies but only 3 mature retrieved
    2 fertilised but only one embryo as other got ferilised by 2 keen sperm
    1 perfect 8cell grade A embie transferred day 3 -now PUPO!! none to freeze. please stick little Nemo! our
    lone trooper!
    "he settles the barren woman to be a joyful mother of children Praise the Lord!" Psalms 113:9

Thanks

Hey, I just wanted to share that after 3 years of TTC I eventually got my BFP after having Ovarian Diathermy + Metformin.

My story in a nutshell: I ovulated on Clomid for 3/5 cycles, but BFN. I had OD done August 2010. I was still charting my temps and my chart indicated that I O'd on my own in September (even though my cycle was still 42 days long). I also started Metformin in September to cover all bases (as research suggests that Metformin can improve your chances with Diathermy) and in October 2010 I conceived. My little girl is about to turn one next week

All the best

xx