Thanks

Cool How do you hide the thinning hair?

hey everyone i'm going for a haircut soon, probably tomorrow, which is something i hate ..with passion! scared of the "why is your hair so thin " part, lol anyways i'm going to face it so i was wondering if you have ideas for me on a good hair cut for a PCOS girl with thinning hair, also how do u take care of ur hair and hide the thinning parts?? for me it is more obvious on the right side of my scalp maybe someone here has that too? aaand hair styling products .. is there something i can use without damaging my hair? i'm scared that if anything touches my hair it will damage it more and ill go totally bald lol i'm also scared of cutting it short and then not having it grow back again i saw some tips online but they were mainly like .... GET EXTENSIONS! or BUY A WIG! .. which is something i might do later on in my life but right now i just want some tips based on experience from people with similar issues lol sorry i wrote too much. soo ideas?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey Nura91!

Okay so firstly do not threat! (I know it's hard not to but trust me I was panicing this time last year) Is it thinning around the top of the scalp? (Male pattern baldness?) If so I found that a middle parting with a shorter hair cut takes the weight off of it and helps a great deal! Have you seen a dermatologist? I went to see one and she gave me some cream that you cover your head in once a month and it revitalises the hair folicles!

Hope this helps!!

Nola :0)
    Nola - 22 DH - 26 Hidden Content Married Sept 2011
    Symtomatic Since 2006
    Diagnosed May 2010
    Suprise BFP - 31/12/11
    Hidden Content
    1 Fur Baby - Tuki
    Hidden Content

Registered User Mommy2aprincess1102's Avatar
    Thanks

Nura- I'm not much help because I am in the same situation. I will be interested in hearing everyones responses!

Nola-Tink- what is the name of the cream you use? My hair is thinning so badly and I am always researching new options because nothing has worked so far!
    Me (Jenni): 32 DH: 34
    DD: 7 yo
    TTC #2: I am anovulatory, DH has low Motility and 1% morph- told IVF with ICSI is our only option
    Surprise miracle baby conceived naturally!!!!
    7 wk hb=140
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nola-Tink View Post
    Hey Nura91!

Okay so firstly do not threat! (I know it's hard not to but trust me I was panicing this time last year) Is it thinning around the top of the scalp? (Male pattern baldness?) If so I found that a middle parting with a shorter hair cut takes the weight off of it and helps a great deal! Have you seen a dermatologist? I went to see one and she gave me some cream that you cover your head in once a month and it revitalises the hair folicles!

Hope this helps!!

Nola :0)
    well my hair is thinner all over my head but it's most obvious on the top where a high pony tail could hide it, but i'm sick of pony tails . i was trying out styles in front of the mirror and found that if i do a side part and move a lot of hair to the back of my head on the right side, it would look good and cover the thinning line. but that means i need to keep my hair quiet long. mmh i'm not sure what i want to do yet :-S

no i've just seen a gynecologist who prescribed me Diane-35 to start on next month but she didn't show much interest in my hair lol (got diagnosed this week), i will see a dermatologist next Monday, i would also like to know the name of the cream you are using to suggest it to her

Nura- I'm not much help because I am in the same situation. I will be interested in hearing everyones responses!
    i guess most people with PCOS have that problem which is really really hard to deal with!! hm did you try rogaine?

what hair products does everyone use??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am going to have to dig out the old perscription for it, at first I was a bit wary of trying it because the Dermo said ''it has to get worse before it gets better'' and at that point i was so scared and paranoid about the bald patches I didn't know what to do but the haircut really helped!

Does your hairdresser know how you feel and what's causing your thinning? (Im lucky my hairdresser is a very close friend so she was so helpful)
    Nola - 22 DH - 26 Hidden Content Married Sept 2011
    Symtomatic Since 2006
    Diagnosed May 2010
    Suprise BFP - 31/12/11
    Hidden Content
    1 Fur Baby - Tuki
    Hidden Content

Thanks

no unfortunately i'm not so lucky with the hair dresser. i have noo idea what i'm supposed to tell them if they ask me why it is thinning like that!

Thanks

I would be curious to see if anyone has any styles that mask thinning hair near the forehead/hair line. My temples (which I know are a common problem) aren't such a big deal for me. It's really right next to my part (in the middle), where it is REALLY thin. So about 1- 1 1/2 inches back into my hairline you can see straight through to the scalp. I can't think of any hair styles that would hide this. Putting it up in a pony just draws attention to that spot because when I try to sweep my hair back there isn't really enough to cover that area. The only thing I could think of was those old school wide headbands that were popular when I was in elementary school. Oh how I wish those were still in style...that would be perfect! Now I'd simply feel ridiculous wearing something like that!

Nura- you don't owe your hairdresser a specific explanation. If they point it out, they just want to make you aware of it so you can treat it, it's not like they're just being nosy. If you don't feel like sharing, I would simply say something like "I have a medical condition, so I understand why it's happening" and saying you don't want to talk about it. Or simply say "I'm looking into treatments for it."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgirl87 View Post
    The only thing I could think of was those old school wide headbands that were popular when I was in elementary school. Oh how I wish those were still in style...that would be perfect! Now I'd simply feel ridiculous wearing something like that!

Nura- you don't owe your hairdresser a specific explanation. If they point it out, they just want to make you aware of it so you can treat it, it's not like they're just being nosy. If you don't feel like sharing, I would simply say something like "I have a medical condition, so I understand why it's happening" and saying you don't want to talk about it. Or simply say "I'm looking into treatments for it."
    actually i find that a good idea! they're in style and i think they always will be!
    i understand what u're saying regarding the hairdresser's questions about my thinning hair, u're right, i'm just not used to talking about it ... *sigh*