Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Bits of tissue/flesh looking things coming out in period blood?

Hello, sorry this is going to be TMI, but I do need some insight as to what is going on. I scanned the forum and didn't find anything. I started my period and had a lot of brown blood for a full day. Then then next day when I wiped, I saw a piece of something on the toilet paper. It's definitely not a blood clot, because I always get those. I blood clot looks like coagulated blood, this looked like a piece of skin or something with blood on it. I also had a bigger piece of whatever again. I haven't found anything like it since. I am wondering if anybody has any insight for me? I told my husband about it and he wants me to talk to my dr about it, though I have 3 months until my new patient appointment with her so I'm not sure what to do!
    Reyna (25) Hunky husband (29) Hidden Content
    TTC (between deployments) since 2009.
    Currently on Femara unmonitored & Metformin.

Thanks

You need to call your doctor tomorrow morning, or go to the ER/ urgent care today. If there is something other than regular period blood coming out, then there is something else in your uterus and you need to find out ASAP what it is.
    "Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see."

--C. S. Lewis

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Agree to the above.
    Katy IHidden Content My Veteran!
    Ovarian drilling/D&C/Scope on 8/3/2011. Metformin 1000Mg Lost 75lbs using low carb
    BFP!! 12/29/11 (our mircale after 3 years!)
    Blake Gilpin Born 9/3/12.. A big bundle of perfect!
    Current: TTC baby #2- metformin 1000mg, natural cycles

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well it stopped, I haven't seen any of it since yesterday. I've been checking frequently. Should I still go?

Thanks

I would still go to the doctor, or at least call and ask for advice. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks, ladies. I may have to get a referral from my pcp before I can even be seen by the other dr. I just hope it wasn't a miscarriage or something.

Thanks

Hi, I hope you contacted your doctor just in case. I wanted to let you know that this is not uncommon for me during AF. I have a lot of clots and strange tissues with it. I spoke to my Dr about it and she said not to worry. In any case, I would still contact the doctor to make sure that it is ok. I don't think I would go to the ER, but call and check on it. Better safe then sorry!
    Me (27) Dx PCOS 2011, DH (26)
    MC#1 11/05/2002
    MC#2 12/15/2009

Surprise BFP 5/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beta #1: 5/7, 410
    Beta #2: 5/9, 794
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kaybe For This Useful Post:

ReynaAlc (08-07-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have had tissue looking pieces after i use the bathroom, just when I go pee though, and I don't know what they are, I was thinking since I haven't had a period since Nov. 2010 that maybe its just some tissue that is shredding and that I will soon start my period, I usually have little bit of cramping.Going to the doctors in a couple of weeks I will ask. I though I was going to start my period, since the last 2 days have been vary light bleeding. I want to start it so bad, so I know that my body is somewhat changing for the good with the vitex and sawpalmetto that I've been taking...

Thanks

I've had that happen as well. It was a bit scary, but I figured it was just because of old blood.
    Also, way TMI, I once had a coagulated mass that came out even when I had a tampon in. Thank goodness I had a pad on as well because it spanned the entire width of it. It was an unusually heavy period, and I believe it happened back in '09. I was so grossed out.
    As my mom always told me: "It's not the end of the world."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akiel View Post
    I've had that happen as well. It was a bit scary, but I figured it was just because of old blood.
    Also, way TMI, I once had a coagulated mass that came out even when I had a tampon in. Thank goodness I had a pad on as well because it spanned the entire width of it. It was an unusually heavy period, and I believe it happened back in '09. I was so grossed out.
    That is insane!!

Thanks

I have had this as well. Last month they were so bad I was going through a tampon and a pad within an hour. I was also in a lot of pain. I had to go in and had a DnC done because of all the blood in my uterus. My dr seems to think I had a ruptured cyst and low progesterone. I though for sure I was having a miscarriage!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've had strange things come out of my body when I was younger and on my period. Freaked me out and I never told anyone.

I'm guessing it's from the lack of periods and when your body finally has one it sheds everything that's been built up.

In June 2008 I had the super period from hell. I was going through overnight pads every 15 minutes for a week. Blood got everywhere! On the good side it was the cycle I finally figured out how to insert a tampon properly.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Herbs/Vits/Supplmnts: None
    Hidden Content
    TTC #1 journey (June 2010-present): numerous Clomid&Femara rounds, countless OBGYN's, two RE's, PCOS dx confirmed 3 times now, one chemical preg. Currently working with NEW doc and continuing weight loss; HSG attempt #2 coming soon.....

Thanks

OMG Tina that is the period from HELL. How horrible.
    Me (27) Dx PCOS 2011, DH (26)
    MC#1 11/05/2002
    MC#2 12/15/2009

Surprise BFP 5/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beta #1: 5/7, 410
    Beta #2: 5/9, 794
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kaybe View Post
    OMG Tina that is the period from HELL. How horrible.
    Yea it was. I was so scared because I was living at my brother's house and didn't want to ruin his furniture, lol.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Herbs/Vits/Supplmnts: None
    Hidden Content
    TTC #1 journey (June 2010-present): numerous Clomid&Femara rounds, countless OBGYN's, two RE's, PCOS dx confirmed 3 times now, one chemical preg. Currently working with NEW doc and continuing weight loss; HSG attempt #2 coming soon.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I hope you spoke to your dr about this, while its normal for some and might be normal for you dont take that as an answer until you know for sure.

Tina - been there done that, doesnt it suck how bad our afs can get?

Roxie - you need to have af induced, your going to possably have a bad af like Tina mentioned and myself, mine got so bad I would fill a super plus tampon in 30 mintues (sometimes less) and still got stuff on the pad, it sucks and its not fun and its scary, dont let yourself go so long without, that was my mistake. It led to heavy bleeding and with all the thickness of the lining and hormones in it I ended up getting uterine polyps.
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!