100% Italian Style! Italian Friend's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Starting Dukan/Protal diet on Sunday.. who's with me?

Hi!
    I documented myself about the Dukan/Protal diet that is supposed to work great for us Pcosers..
    i need to lose 10 lbs at least.. who's with me?
    I plan to start on sunday with a total protein session that will last 5 days, then alternate protein and veggies.
    I'll really appreciate some buddies along the way!
    Dx 2000
    TTC #1 since July 2012
    Cycle#1 clomid 50mg cd2-6 ---> BFN
    Cycle#2 clomid 100mg cd3-7 + Trigger (Gonasi 2000UI) ---> BFP!

Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm in the cruise phase. Just curious.. How's yours going? Are you in consolidation or stabilization now? Did your weight loss coincide with what the dukan diet plan said it would do? Did it take longer with PCOS, or was it pretty much on track? I lost exactly what I was projected to lose in the Attack phase, but am only a week into the cruise. Curious how it works with the unique PCO system.
    So what? I've had my heart broken lots of times. It stings for a minute.
    ~Denny Crane~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satin_patriot For This Useful Post:

Italian Friend (01-23-2012)

100% Italian Style! Italian Friend's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi satin! Due to medical reason i couldnt start dieting in sept but i acutally started two weeks ago. Lost 4lbs in the first part, now cruising as well. What about you? We should start a support thread! I tried the Dukan forum but.. Nothing like sc.... :-)
    Dx 2000
    TTC #1 since July 2012
    Cycle#1 clomid 50mg cd2-6 ---> BFN
    Cycle#2 clomid 100mg cd3-7 + Trigger (Gonasi 2000UI) ---> BFP!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Is this working??? I tried to post a reply, but it's not showing..

I'll try again. I've lost 22 lbs, so far, and my "true" weight is another 13 away. I'm on target, right where the Dukan website says I should be. I've been getting encouragement from some people around me to not stop at my true weight but continue. My BMI is officially in the "overweight" area, now, instead of obese, so that's encouraging, but my true weight keeps me in that overweight BMI range. I've never been below my true weight in my adult life, because I'm big boned, and tend to be very muscular. I'm not sure how much lower my body would allow me to go anyway. For now, I'm just focusing on getting down to my true weight, and then later I'll decide if there's a need to go lower.

How are you doing with it?
    ~Denny Crane~

Thanks

I have heard lots about this and should look into it more as I have been trying to do low carb...

Thanks

HEY!
    I am glad to hear other people trying this diet with success!! Even though I need to lose over 100lbs I am looking at it as 20lbs at a time to not get so discourage every time!!
    I was given this book to read so I am starting tomorrow, after I go to the grocery store tonight and get eveything I need!!

Good Luck to everyone!!
    Married March 25, 2011 (together 7 yrs prior)
    TTC since Oct 2011 (no luck yet) NTNP since 2008
    4 rounds of Clomid & Ovidrel with timed BD
    Round 5 Clomid 150mg x 5 days HSG Ing-IUI to follow the day after injection...BFN
    Time to take a break! Working on losing ALOT of weight (Down 43lbs since Jan 2011)
    Started once the weather got nice again...Switched Docs
    Last round of Clomid (100mg)-Praise the lord!!, Ovidrel Inj
    IUI day before and day of O to boost the chances...BFP!!!!!!

Thanks

Update: I've lost 25 lbs so far (the last few weeks I plateaued myself by not being as strict with my intake and exercise as usual). This Dukan Diet is the only thing that has ever helped me to lose weight. I've tried other diets, but this carb restriction is REALLY important for what my body does with what I take in.

I had a conversation today with a friend of mine who owns the Curves where I work out. Because I'm not getting any younger (surprise, surprise), and because we're looking to start a family before too long, it just makes sense to get my weight down as much as I can. When we're done with the whole pregnancy-weight-gain-then-weight-loss cycle (however many twists and turns that takes) it will probably not be easier for me to lose weight. Starting as healthy as I can is going to make a huge difference. Anyway, back to the conversation-- she had a chart that showed weights/body fat percentages/etc, BROKEN DOWN BY BONE STRUCTURE! I'd not seen that. The only version I've seen is basically based on BMI, which doesn't take bone structure into consideration.

Essentially, she encouraged me to continue to lose past the point of my "true" weight, but only to a certain point. Where I was thinking I might need to be was too low for my BONE STRUCTURE.. Good to know.

So, no, I haven't gotten to my true weight yet. I'm 10 lbs away from it, and my firm bottom (that sounds funny.. Perhaps I should say floor) weight-- the weight I don't want to go below-- is about 10 lbs below that. Either way, I'm at a healthier size now than I have been in probably 5 years or so, and I feel more like I'm capable of landing somewhere in the "Normal" category, which with PCOS is really helpful for fertility. I guess we'll see.. If I've lost 25 lbs so far, another 10-20 shouldn't be as big of a deal, even if it takes longer because it comes off slower.
    ~Denny Crane~