Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Hi.

I just found this thread and wondered if any ladies had used progesterone cream to help conceive?*

I have regular periods, am overweight, few hairs, *higher LH/FSH ratio, ovaries have some pearling. Really my symptoms are mild, just the weight and I don't think I ovulate but get period regularly.*

Wondered if progesterone cream might help?*

Any advice is much appreciated.*

Thanks

Bonus_mom, before I ever started npc, I went about 100 days without a period once, and doctor gave me prometrium to kick start. It was awful--made me hormonal, bloated, constipated. After that, I had one normal cycle and then started having long cycles again. That's when I started npc to support my natural cycle (didn't want to do prometrium ever again). It worked and gave me far less bloating, constipation, etc, but I started it before my cycles got too far out of whack. Maybe you would benefit from the heavier prometrium or provera dose to get things going again, and then you might be able to go the gentler route with npc to maintain cycles after. While using npc, I did get full periods--not just spotting. Good luck!

Thanks

Calmbaby, npc helped me ovulate regularly. Husband and I tried to get pregnant for a year and half when I first started npc. After that, I was pregnant within 6 months, and that's with a husband with a lower-than-normal sperm count and both of us traveling a lot for work. If it helps you ovulate, there's a good chance it will help you get pregnant. If it doesn't help you ovulate then you'll need to look for additional help (fertility treatment, acupuncture?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atrain.s View Post
    Calmbaby, npc helped me ovulate regularly. Husband and I tried to get pregnant for a year and half when I first started npc. After that, I was pregnant within 6 months, and that's with a husband with a lower-than-normal sperm count and both of us traveling a lot for work. If it helps you ovulate, there's a good chance it will help you get pregnant. If it doesn't help you ovulate then you'll need to look for additional help (fertility treatment, acupuncture?)
    atrain- can you tell me how you tracked ovulation? I thought I was ovulating but don't get pregnant. :-/ been ttc for over 2 and half years now. :-(

Thanks

Sorry...for some reason Soulcysters stopped sending my emails....maybe they are getting caught in my junk mail. Anyhow, I have been using NPC for several months and this month, I decided to wait to use the cream until a little later this month to see what my body would do. I am pretty sure that I O'd on my own!!!!

I have had several people on the board tell me that NPC will not make you ovulate and that taking it just mimics BCP...I guess I don't know the scientific specifics of it all, but it made me bleed monthly, so I didn't have to stress over the problems of not cycling and now here I am ovulating!
    Me - 34 -911 Supervisor - Diag 3/2009.
    DH- Pastor -34 -low count, reduced mot. (Diag 11/2009)
    DS Born 2011
    Currently taking 1,000 mg Metformin, 150Mg Clomid, Vitamin D, & Prenatal
    05/13/2014 - Starting with TTC#2!
    BFP 07/29/2014 - diagnosed Blighted Ovum on 8/28 D&C 9/4

Thanks

E911chick..I'm glad to hear that npc is working for you! Did you start off doing the npc shutdown method.
    ? And if so, how long did you do that for before you started taking the npc later in your cycle? I'm on my third month taking npc cd 5-26. Then I plan to use it only on days 14-28. I started taking the npc because AF had been MiA for 9 months and my dr wanted me to take provera...I decided to go a more natural route instead. NPC has helped to bring on a very light AF the last 2 months, basically heavy brown and dark red spotting for 2-3 days. I was hoping to have more of a flow, but maybe it will take a few months to regulate... Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Me:34 DH: 50
    Married 5/21/11

Clomid 50mg No O
    Clomid 150mg No O
    Clomid Resistant
    Starting Femara this cycle
    Femara 5mg No response
    Femara 5mg CD 3-7 Bravelle CD 6-11....cycle canceled small follies..surprise BFP
    beta 1: 79 beta 2: 198 beta 3: 59Hidden Content

Thanks

Bonus - I read a bunch of different stuff and just jumped in. I had been so long without a cycle that I just decided to try it and four days or so in I got AF. It was amazing to me! Then I tried to see if I would O, but nothing seemed to happen, so I just took it on about CD 20 or so depending on if I had something going on that I didn't want AF for.
    I always seem to get AF in the middle of using the NPC, so I'm not sure what the deal is there, because I thought the withdrawal is what caused AF? I would have good 4-5 days of AF on it though.
    I just felt better when I took it.
    DS Born 2011

Thanks

Am using progesterone cream now for five months . It is very good .

Thanks

Woo hoo! I finally got my AF on day five of using the cream! Yipee!! Never thought I'd be so happy to see the old girl. I'm not holding out hope that I will ovulate, but it's just so nice to have a bleed since my miscarriage, I really don't care much. I'm going to watch my temps like a hawk, though!
    Matt (35) and Sherri (34) Married since 2001
    DD1 (S)
    Born 10-28-06 DD2 (J) Born 11-2-08 My Metformin Babies! DD3 (L) Born 7-14-11 Our Adopted Girl! DD4 (E) Born 4-24-2013 Our Foster Girl! DS (N) Born 4-5-14 My Femara Baby! Current meds: NOW Eve Multivitamins, 5,000 IU Vitamin D, 75 mcg Levothyroxin.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” ― Audrey HepburnHidden Content

Thanks

yay sher! I used the cream for about 6 months just to get Af (I know I wasn't ovulating, but I was worried about my lining building up) and this month I decided to wait a bit longer, and my body ovulated on it's own! YAY!!!! I have AF now, so it confirmed itself. I am so stinking excited!
    DS Born 2011

Thanks

I really hope that I ovulate on my own, although I'm not hoping too much...I just know how it is...

I'm happy it came on it's own for you!! That's awesome! BTW, I love your pet's name, "Cledus." That's too funny!
    Matt (35) and Sherri (34) Married since 2001
    DD1 (S)
    Born 10-28-06 DD2 (J) Born 11-2-08 My Metformin Babies! DD3 (L) Born 7-14-11 Our Adopted Girl! DD4 (E) Born 4-24-2013 Our Foster Girl! DS (N) Born 4-5-14 My Femara Baby! Current meds: NOW Eve Multivitamins, 5,000 IU Vitamin D, 75 mcg Levothyroxin.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” ― Audrey HepburnHidden Content

Thanks

Sher - I didn't hope too much either...just wanted to make sure my body was getting cleaned out when I tried NPC, and then all these people told me that it would mess up my body and was awful, and lo and behold this month I ovulated, which is something that I normally NEVER do on my own....so I just think each person is different and you have to find out what works for you. Will I keep ovulating? Probably not...but even if I have to do 6 months of NPC and one month on my own...that is better than never on your own!

Re Cledus, thanks! We are from NC originally, and the hubby thinks all our animals need southern names. I got to name Tyler (after Steven Tyler, lol) and Justice was a rescue, so they were safe from the southern names.
    DS Born 2011

Thanks

Hi,

Any updates? I'm going to buy some NPC as I think it will help. I have blood test booked for progesterone test so that will be my baseline I hope.

would love to know any ladies it's helped with ttc.

calm x

Thanks

Hey everyone I'm new. I'm 25 and about a yr ago found out I have pcos,but i new something was wrong way before that. I didn't have my first period til i was 19 and for 2 yrs it was monthly then started to taper off. For a yr I only had 2 and then no more. Right after my 25th b'day I went to my Dr and she put me on b/c (Apri) and used it for 3 months. I just finished my 3rd month and decided not to take any more. I ordered some progesterone cream today. I hope it does something for me. I take metfotmin,preNV,vitex,epo,azo cranberry,milk thistle,fish oil,and fiber LOL. I am over weight so I'm dieting and exercising...which is a some what hard cus I'm disabled,but I push through. I hope this works! I wish tha best for all of yall!

Thanks

Are you taking chasteberry/vitex at the moment? Chaste berry is known to help shift the balance from estrogen to progesterone dominance (if you have low levels of progesterone during the later stages of your cycle it leads to ovarian cysts) so if you wanted to begin taking a herbal supplement to help regulate your period/fertility then i think that's the one to take.

Also are you diagnosed with ovarian cysts? I suggest that you invest in castor oil packs (or make one yourself as i do, they are very easy) basically you just need a hot water bottle, a towel or flannel and i use a plastic bag/sheet. Rub the castor oil all over your lower tummy/bikini line, put the plastic sheet directly over it, cover with flannel and then hot water bottle. The heat allows the castor oil to penetrate further into the skin and it used for dissolving cysts and flushing out toxins. Hope this helps.