Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default CLOMid and HCG shots.....REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION, ADVICE IF YOU CAN!!

hey ladies!

Ok, so im currently ttc, and i just finished my first cycle with clomid last week, so praying it worked. But i also know i want and should lose weight, so im really interested in the hcg shot for weight loss, already found a weight loss clinic and all. My question is can i take the hcg shots for weight loss and continue (if needed) clyce number 2 of clomid ....etc. Or will that affect the effectiveness of clomid.

Has anyone done this? I dont mean do the hcg diet with injections to lose weight and
    then ttc with clomid, but as in at the same time. Not using hcg shot as a trigger shot or anything but for weight loss.

(i hope i posted in the right board, still new to this site)

thanks all!

Happy to finally be a Mom redsoxfan's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely would NOT do the diet and TTC at the same time.

That being said, I don't think this diet is a good thing at all.. I know others will disagree with me and I'll probably get flamed, but in all honesty, the best "diet" you can follow when ttc with pcos is a low glycemic index diet (similar to SB diet) If you are determined to do the HCG diet I would suggest talking with a doctor about the risks while TTC. You are severly calorie restricing on this diet, so I would imagine they probably would advise against it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

agree with pp, think of it this way, hcg is what you already know is whats made in your body upon implantation and also used as a trigger shot, now when you go on this diet you are resticted to 500cal/day. if you get pg while doing this diet your baby will not be getting the nutrience it needs, and how would you know, if you took a hpt it woud how positive because you have hcg in your system from the diet. If you strongly feel you want to do this diet i would strongly suggest going on bcp. If you do do it, do it right and be under the care of the dr (sounds like thats your plan anyways)
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Audi10 For This Useful Post:

Kiwee27 (09-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Audi10 View Post
    agree with pp, think of it this way, hcg is what you already know is whats made in your body upon implantation and also used as a trigger shot, now when you go on this diet you are resticted to 500cal/day. if you get pg while doing this diet your baby will not be getting the nutrience it needs, and how would you know, if you took a hpt it woud how positive because you have hcg in your system from the diet. If you strongly feel you want to do this diet i would strongly suggest going on bcp. If you do do it, do it right and be under the care of the dr (sounds like thats your plan anyways)
    Just wanted to chime in. I have not heard of the HCG Diet before, but 500/cal a day?? That can't be healthy, right?
    Taneeka (33) Hidden Content DH (30)
    Married 6/19/10, TTC#1 since 4/2002
    BFP (natural), M/C 11/10/10 @ 5 weeks
    BFP (during blind study) 8/2/11, M/C 8/4/11 (chemical)
    BFP 10/1/11, 2HB 10/28/11, MMC 11/11/11 @ 9 wks
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan View Post
    I definitely would NOT do the diet and TTC at the same time.

That being said, I don't think this diet is a good thing at all.. I know others will disagree with me and I'll probably get flamed, but in all honesty, the best "diet" you can follow when ttc with pcos is a low glycemic index diet (similar to SB diet) If you are determined to do the HCG diet I would suggest talking with a doctor about the risks while TTC. You are severly calorie restricing on this diet, so I would imagine they probably would advise against it.
    I agree with you and I hope this doesn't turn into a debate. The best diet for a woman with PCOS is one where you take in low carbs, low sugar, low caffiene, and high protein according to my RE. The low glycemic index diet is perfect for us PCOSers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

kiwee- you are right, i dont see how its healthy...but thats what it is, you inject yourself with hcg and eat only 500cal a day, now try thinking of that while pregnant, thats just not enough,.

tina- i too hope this doesnt turn into a debate, i know we will get it from those who have done/are doing this and i hope they keep in mind the original question at hand (since more debates are taken off orriginal toppic and then explode unecessaraly) doing this diet + ttc = BAD DECISION. I say to each their own if you want to do it fine but you wont catch me doing it, but while ttc I so hope you dont do this Sandra- im sure after reading this you will consider not to while ttc. the low carb/sugar diet is wonderful even while pg so if your ready to ttc RIGHT NOW Id say give that a shot first, best of luck to you dear!
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Audi10 For This Useful Post:

Kiwee27 (09-29-2011)

Thanks

kiwee- you are right, i dont see how its healthy...but thats what it is, you inject yourself with hcg and eat only 500cal a day, now try thinking of that while pregnant, thats just not enough,.

tina- i too hope this doesnt turn into a debate, i know we will get it from those who have done/are doing this and i hope they keep in mind the original question at hand (since more debates are taken off orriginal toppic and then explode unecessaraly) doing this diet + ttc = BAD DECISION. I say to each their own if you want to do it fine but you wont catch me doing it, but while ttc I so hope you dont do this Sandra- im sure after reading this you will consider not to while ttc. the low carb/sugar diet is wonderful even while pg so if your ready to ttc RIGHT NOW Id say give that a shot first, best of luck to you dear!
    Definitely do not want this to become a debate, but in my opinion, I don't think it would be a good idea to this at the same time as TTC.
    Taneeka (33) Hidden Content DH (30)
    Married 6/19/10, TTC#1 since 4/2002
    BFP (natural), M/C 11/10/10 @ 5 weeks
    BFP (during blind study) 8/2/11, M/C 8/4/11 (chemical)
    BFP 10/1/11, 2HB 10/28/11, MMC 11/11/11 @ 9 wks
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This diet isn't a good idea even if you're not TTC. Restricting your caloric intake to 500 calories a day is dangerous. Even when I do diet which is not often at all I'm always put on a 1200 calorie diet even at my weight. I have no idea about the HCG shots so I wont comment.

So if you're TTC think long and hard before doing the HCG diet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Tina - oh I completely agree but I have gotten into many a debate over this diet, so Im not going there giving my optinion about the diet itself, just going to stay on topic if we will so it doesnt turn around poorly!
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Tina - oh I completely agree but I have gotten into many a debate over this diet, so Im not going there giving my optinion about the diet itself, just going to stay on topic if we will so it doesnt turn around poorly!
    And I agree with staying on topic. There have been too many debates that have turned ugly lately.

So to the OP I've never done this diet.

Thanks

I was wondering about this too. I did an HCG trigger shot this month after Clomid and was hoping that it would have the HCG diet effect but so far I have gained weight not lost, bummer

Thanks

Sorry, I have to add that the reason I was curious was because two girls at work started the HCG diet with the HCG drops and both of them almost immediately "accidently" ended up pregnant! I don't know if there is a possible connection but I thought that was interesting.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

well the HCG drops are not actually hcg..they claim they trick your body into making hcg,,,this from the GNC website!
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

Thanks

What about trying South Beach Diet or just do a general low carb diet (150g carbs or less per day)? 500 calories a day mean that your body will go into starvation mode - and I can't imagine that that will have a good effect on your fertility. Low carb eating is really great for treating PCOS a lot of the time, and it also means you don't starve. As others have mentioned, low carb is great for pregnancy anyway!

If you are really determined to do this HCG diet, though, I'd ask a medical professional. I imagine it could possibly skew the results of pregnancy tests. I don't know what else it would do to your fertility.
    Jordan (28)
    Married for 6 years to my wonderful, nerdy husband
    I got my BFPs on Femara. Feel free to message with questions.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

3DS + 1DD = 1 CRAZY momma sugarbug's Avatar
    Thanks

simply put; you're body won't get pregnant if it thinks it's pregnant (hcg...)
    DS#1 my Hidden Content 1998 (14)
    DS#2 my miracle 2004 (8)
    DS#3 my blessing adopted in 2006 (7)
    DD!!! my surprise & my last 2012