Thanks

Default Cheap acne treatment that helps me! CHARCOAL!

Dear ladies,

Just thought I would post this as it might help someone else, too. I suffer from cystic hormonal acne, only Dianette has managed to keep my skin clear for prolonged time. However, there is one thing that helps at least temporarily, especially with forehead and liver-related acne. Probably most of you already know it. Every morning for 10 days take 1 charcoal tablet per 10kg of your weight. I weight 60kg so I take 6 charcoal tablets. Make sure you take them at least 20 min before breakfast and drink plenty of water (at least 2 full glasses). This helps flushing toxins out of your body and is good even if you do not have acne. I usually see clearer skin already on day 4.

Thanks

Going to try this thanks

Thanks

What about the carbon issue? You know... how charred food causes cancer.

Thanks

You’ll be able to treat acne with over the counter medications these days. Unless there are complications, you’ll never even have to see a doctor. However, if you like to play safe, you may furthermore go the entire manner. It’s however continuously a smart plan to talk to the experts on how to go concerning treating your acne.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hjkg View Post
    What about the carbon issue? You know... how charred food causes cancer.
    Well, besides reading something about ingesting charred food here, charcoal has been used to absorb toxins for a pretty long time. In Korea (and China and Japan, too, I think) they place baskets of charcoal to reduce detrimental effects of using electronics for long periods of time, like computers and such. Charcoal masks also draw impurities from the skin, so it's pretty safe. I know what you mean about burnt foods, it's a strange oxymoron, but the two aren't the same. This site explains the issue better than I can!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the post of Charcoal, I have head about this before. To add, something that has been very helpful for me is apple cider vinegar. I take 2 cap fulls of organic cider every morning. The taste is pretty terrible, so I usually squeeze some orange juice into it, or dilute it with water. You need to dilute it, otherwise it could damage the enamel on your teeth. I noticed my skin clearing after just a few days. I also wash my face with raw organic honey, which is a great source of anti inflammatory, and anti biotics.

Registered User cantaffordchoos's Avatar
    Thanks

Origins makes a great charcoal face mask in case someone doesn't want to take the tablets, I use it sometimes and it works

Thanks

For acne try juice of methi leaf or mint leaf for 20 minutes in the morning and a little of multhani metti powder in the evening for 15 minutes and then have a wash.

Thanks

use maca and iodine. That's the only thing I've tried so far that has worked for me.

Thanks

It didn't make a difference to me, but some people swear by Apple Cider Vinegar, as in mix a TBSP up with water as a hot drink.
    • Me SAHM 36, DH 41, Beautiful DS born 2012
    • Conceived on 2nd round of Clomid + trigger after 3 years TTC naturally
    • Suspending my 1700mg of MET till after Gallbladder removal, on medical advice.
    • Lost all my baby weight 7 months PP - 66kgs/145lbs.
    • THEN put on a load - now the heaviest I've been in years - 76kgs/167 lbs.

Thanks

I rub iodine on my skin where I am breaking out after I wash my face and pop pimples or whatever. Then I put toothpaste on it and leave it on overnight. If you put toothpaste on your face for acne, it has to be the kind that does not have flouride in it. Flouride makes the acne worse for some reason. I put Neem toothpaste on my acne and it helps.

Also, if you take powdered maca as a supplement, it can help reduce acne. You can also take iodine as a supplement to support endocrine health. If you take it as a nutritional supplement, it has to be the right kind of iodine, though. It can't be potassium iodide used to clean wounds (that brown stuff). If you want iodine in your diet, you can also eat kelp.

That is how you have to use them for it to work (at least for me).
    Last edited by tacos; 01-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tacos View Post
    I rub iodine on my skin where I am breaking out after I wash my face and pop pimples or whatever. Then I put toothpaste on it and leave it on overnight. If you put toothpaste on your face for acne, it has to be the kind that does not have flouride in it. Flouride makes the acne worse for some reason. I put Neem toothpaste on my acne and it helps.

Also, if you take powdered maca as a supplement, it can help reduce acne. You can also take iodine as a supplement to support endocrine health. If you take it as a nutritional supplement, it has to be the right kind of iodine, though. It can't be potassium iodide used to clean wounds (that brown stuff). If you want iodine in your diet, you can also eat kelp.

That is how you have to use them for it to work (at least for me).
    hello tacos,

what kind of iodine do you use and rub on your skin? and do you have a product you prefer like a recommendation?
    thanks in advance
    kimmy

Thanks

thx going to try it

Thanks

I can verify that activated charcoal tablets do the skin good! I take one or two before/soon after a meal, they absorb toxins in food as well as slow absorption of glucose.

Theyre used quite widely to treat food poisoning

Thanks

I've heard that activated charcoal tablets can absorb the nutrients as well as the toxins in foods though - so maybe more research is needed on this issue before people start taking activated charcoal regularly on a long term basis.

I've taken them using the same 10 day routine LindaLi described, and they definitely helped my skin as well.