Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Even though I posted this in November, Im still exhausted!! I see the doctor in 2 weeks so Ill be sure to mention some stuff to her!! Especially the IR levels, reading up on that kinda worries me!!

Thanks

I was always tired and got my vitamin d levels checked. They were so low I was put on high doses of vitamin d for awhile. It helped alot.

Thanks

I find that with more sleep at night, exercise in the morning, and breakfast, I feel energized. In addition to that, eating carbs will kill your energy, especially "simple" carbs such as those in chips and sweets. It stinks Anyway, hope this helps.

I'm 24, a graduate student- always looking for energy! Especially while sitting in a classroom for 3 hrs at a time. Good luck!

PS, I have acne, and I'm looking for a solution. I am on Metformin (1000mg- about 5 mos now), period has not regulated, acne on chin and cheeks. It's quite embarressing. I've considered Spironolactone. Not going to be taking BCP since it can be harmful (causes breast cancer). Thoughts?

Thanks

Im really struggling with this too. I wouldn't say I am tired all the time but just not energetic. Even if I get a week of 8 hour sleeps I feel like I don't have good energy. I am starting at the gym and getting some regular exercise. Also seeing a dietician to get a good low GI eating regime in place. I am hoping these will help.

Thanks

I thought I had hypothyroid too. There is a forum for it on dailystrength.com, but I was just recently tested and I do not have it (all the right tests). I really think it's just the weight from the PCOS that makes me feel like crap! Any my diet. I eat A LOT of sugar (but that is about to change!!).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

idk if you can really get tested for IR or if there is a test but girl it sounds like you have it...you really should cut out all starches, gluten, SUGAR..i'm serious it MAY make all the difference woudlnt hurt to try! i believe it's called glucose intolerance and most doctors dont test you for this (idiots) or they dont want to put you through that testing cuz it's long and scary and painful on your body!!!!! but that definitely may be prediabetic...they lie when they say prediabetes has no symptoms! stupid mofos need to learn their **** >_<....i was never tested and i KNOW i have it for a fact...sometimes one bite of something processed and i am OUT LIKE A LIGHT!! it all started my senior year of high school i'd fall asleep in my AP psych class unknowingly...after eating the cookies that the teacher nicely passed out(not so nice for ms. PCOS me) but just know-YOU ARE NOT ALONE ...and also know you need to cut out sugar..RIGHT NOW!!!!! for your health and happiness..and besides most americans should cut out sugar and processed foods now anyway...helloooo american obesity...i have a friend who has virtually no health problems (other than social anxiety...) but i mean physically she is FIT as hell and runs like 7 miles a day ANNNND in addition to that just for the health of it (get it get it ;D instead of hell of it...haha???) she drinks only water and eats only fruits veggies whole grains! she is healthy skinny and looks fit as hell! *forever jealous* i still eat the sugar i find in my house but oNLY because im broke and thats the only thing i find 99% of the time >_> but i drink ONLY WATer...anyway you should get into healthy habits pcos or not ))
    love this website/Us cysters unite to fight our beasts.Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

oh yes and Take metformin!!!!!!!! i know that i still get those moments where im going to pass out iwth ****ty foods but no AS much on metformin!!!!! it helps regulate your blood sugar! and chromium picolinate too...oh and go on friend nightwalks/jogs for exercise they're fun! )) lol thats what i do im a nightowl it's awful...gosh i ramble a lot...oh well look at that it's almost 2:30 am!!! get my hypocritical ass to bed!!!! (and by hypocritcial i mean im telling u to change ur habits and look at mine ^_^ LOL)
    love this website/Us cysters unite to fight our beasts.Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Update: I went for my bloodwork and everything came back negative. So pretty much nothing is wrong except im still exhausted... The doc said theres a possibility of sleep apnea??

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

emma, did the doctor offer a sleep study? If everything came back normal (B12, Thyroid, Vitamin D), I think it would be worth while. Hope you feel better soon!
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

I have been feeling tired every day... even exhausted most days. I went to the doctor and they tested me for mono. It came back positive. This is at least the third time I've had it. Twice in high school and once now. They say I have chronic mono. There is no treatment for it. They just tell you to get plenty of sleep and drink fluids. I just hate that I feel like a lazy bum.

Thanks

emmasim, I went for a sleep study in Nov since all of my blood work came back normal but still had a lot of fatigue. It turned out I did have sleep apnea. It's definitely worth going for the sleep study.

Thanks

I dont know if this applies but for me diet is a huge factor. I dont know if it is because of carbs, sensitivies, lack of nutrition or what but when I eat a seemingly healthy breakfast (wholegrain cheerios with milk) you can bet Im passed out on the couch in a few hours (not to mention I dont feel full at all). Trade that for a hard boiled egg on a whole grain slice of toast with a side of spinach salad and a glass of almond milk and I am nap free. Its my new go-to breakfast
    Me (26) DH(31) DS(4) 123 lbs 5'6 Oily Skin, Acne, Irregular periods, Thinning hair
    MTHFR, PCOS (although I think AAE is more fitting)
    Currently taking
    100 mg Aldactone, Diane -35, Retin-A
    Tests before pregnancy and breastfeeding revealed:
    DHEAS (335) Testosterone (85) LH:FSH 1:1 (it has been higher previously) Fasting insulin 7.5
    Tests done 06/23/2010-LH 11.2 FSH 4.7
    Tests done Sept 2010-All normal!
    Tests April 2013-Low everything? Not normal. I

Thanks

Hey there

As most others have pointed out, it could be your diet. Do you exercise? Regular exercise should help you sleep better at night and wake up full of energy. Cut out sugar and dairy if you can.

Thanks

Hi Ladies

I have this problem.......big time! i get to work and by 11am i am already tired. by 2 im yawning and when i get home i just have to sit in the bed and i fall asleep. Most of time i only wake up when DH gets home and he wakes me up. It is causing some problems as he gets rather upset with me for always sleeping

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmasim View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Even though I posted this in November, Im still exhausted!! I see the doctor in 2 weeks so Ill be sure to mention some stuff to her!! Especially the IR levels, reading up on that kinda worries me!!
    What is your diet like now?

I ask because about 7 weeks ago I made a bunch of changes due to all of the problems I was having with PCOS (exhaustion was not an issue at the time). I eliminated almost all carbs from my diet (I was probably eating a diet that was 90% carbs). The first few weeks I felt great and then all of the sudden, I felt HORRIBLE. Same results as you - I was sleeping 12+ hours a day. I couldn't wait to get home and crawl into bed to go to sleep. After a lot of research, I found this is a known phenomenon for people that switch from high carbs to low carbs. Sure enough, within HOURS of eating a sweet potato one day when I felt my worst, I felt better than I had in weeks and was up buzzing around the house cleaning within a few hours. Since then, I have been eating more carbs (not a ton - about 40-60g a day) and have found that I feel better and am losing weight. With a no-carb diet, I found my weight stalled.

Also, you mention that you've had tests done. . . have you had HORMONE tests done?? That's what you need. Most doctors don't even want to look at hormones because they are so complicated, but I think that is the direction you need to turn.