Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Ovarian cysts that make your body think your pregnant?

Ok, so I have just had this happen and it is still happening.

I am almost a week late for my period... I have all the classic signs of pregnancy and then some lol.

I have:
    Missed period
    cramps like AF is coming but nothing
    Sore breasts off and on
    gaining weight
    emotional, very moody
    change in my CM
    Total exhaustion (slept 12 hours and still woke up tired)
    General feeling something was not right with me.
    And the list goes on lol.

It was confirmed last night at the ER that I do in fact have an ovarian cyst. I was told and research shows that sometimes an ovarian cyst can make your body think you are pregnant... so you will have negitive test results, but you will have some or in my case all of the pregnancy symptoms. This is taking a huge toll on me and starting to affect my work.

Has anyone else had an ovarian cyst that caused this... and what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks

Bump.... anyone??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello,
    I have experienced this as well. My doctor didn't do anything about it, though! She just told me it was probably "symptoms of lack of a period for 4+ months". Which I think is stupid. I never actually contributed it all to maybe having a cyst and that's what is causing all of the symptoms though. At the ER did they say that cysts can cause these symptoms? And, you don't have to answer if these questions are too prodding, but did you go to the ER for these symptoms?
    Reyna (25) Hunky husband (29) Hidden Content
    TTC (between deployments) since 2009.
    Currently on Femara unmonitored & Metformin.

Thanks

An ovarian cyst will cause these symptoms, that's all I know. I read it somewhere. Pregnancy symptoms are basically PMS symptoms, but just on overload. Idk what to do about it though, birth control can shrink the cysts and make them go away.
    Diane-20 ~ PCOS, Hypothyroidism
    Peter-30 ~ Low sperm count
    Married since 02/23/2010
    TTC officially since June 2010
    Chara Rose born May 3, 2013

Hidden Content

Thanks

It have had this happen to me twice in the last few months. I had all kinds of sxs the first time and I was over a week late. My back hurt so bad they thought I had an ectopic pregnancy. The second time my sxs started on CD 5...nausea,cramping,breasts swollen, increase sense of smell. My period only lasted two days so I thought maybe I was. But it was another cyst.Both times I have been told it would go away on its own and they have. But there isn't any comfort it that because now I can't even trust my sxs anymore.
    Lisa(me)=34 Hidden Content DH=32 w/DSD(7) & DSS(12)
    TTC #1 since 05/2009
    Dx:PCOS/IR 2001 Endo 2010 Low Prog 2013
    1 Oops BFP 1998=m/c at 9 weeks
    2 50mg Clomid Cycle (one with IUI)=good follies =BFNs

2 5mg Femara Cycle=BFNs
    Ovarian Drilling 6/2012...Left tube blocked
    New HSG in June!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Registered User NatalieCaroline's Avatar
    Thanks

I had always heard that an ovarian cyst can actually give false positives on HPT results?

I am currently a month late on my period, and due to start again at the end of this week. I've taken multiple HPTs, and all have read negative, with the exception of a few that seemed to have a very VERY faint positive line (that could have been wishful thinking though!). Besides the missed period, the only symptoms I have are a VERY sensitive gag reflex (I have never been someone that gets sick to my stomach easily, but recently the weirdest things have made me throw up) and a very bad cold that I got without having really been exposed to anyone that was sick. I know that pregnancy can cause a lowered immune system and therefore susceptibility to colds and such.

Anyway, I've read on other forums that while rare, it is possible to get a negative HPT result even if you are pregnant for as long as eight weeks. Has anyone on this forum experienced that?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had .in middle period i had somthing like spotting and after that i had bloating ,sickness to food ,tender brests ,gaining weight,emotional, very moody ect.and no period up to took progestrone pill.
    sep 2012 BFP
    feb 2013 M/C
    mar 2014-myoinositol+anastrazole1 mg(adova) no ovulation
    may 2014-metformine+myoinositol+anastrazole1 mg(adova)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieCaroline View Post
    Anyway, I've read on other forums that while rare, it is possible to get a negative HPT result even if you are pregnant for as long as eight weeks. Has anyone on this forum experienced that?
    Yes it is possible to have false positives for the first couple months. When I was eighteen I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms and went to the E.R. The doctor did the blood and urine (both came back negative) and he said the way my uterus felt I was not 8 or 9 weeks along like I thought I might be (and actually was). I took a few more HPT, but when I had to go in for a TB test the doctor insisted on doing another blood test. To my shock it came back positive and I was about 4 months pregnant. Urine did not come back positive until I was almost 6 months prego.

That being said, I went through the same experience 3 years ago, nausea and vomiting every morning. It turned out to be a cyst and crazy out-of-wack hormones causing all those troubles. It was 7 months before I got my period and the symptoms calmed down.

Registered User hopetogetpregnant's Avatar
    Thanks

This same thing just happened to me too. I'm so confused. I'm now 2 days late for af (which I've never been late in my life) I went to the ER yesterday for extream cramps and they did an ultrasound and found two cysts. One on my right ovary that is 7cm (pretty big they said) and one that is 3cm on my left ovary. They did a urine preg test and it was negative. My boobs were also very sore about a week ago which is the first time in my life they have been. I go to see a gyno on monday and see what's up then I guess. I just don't know what's going on.
    Mandy 28, Hidden Content Jamie 30

Expecting 1st baby December 8th, after 3 years of trying!!!!

It's a boy!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,303 Posts

Those are just hormonal symptoms, not anything specific to pregnancy. The PCOS in general causes hormone fluctuations which can cause all of those symptoms. The same symptoms can be due to PMS or normal cyclic fluctuations.
    Emily (36) & DH Kevin (37), married 10/24/10
    9/22/12 ECTOPIC pregnancy
    10/17 Clomid cycle, no response
    12/1 Higher dose clomid cycle - O, BFN
    1/3 Follistim cycle - OHSS, Chemical pregnancy
    2/11 Follistim cycle 2, lower dose - BFP 3/4! EDD 11/13/13
    3/6 beta 197, p4 33.6! 3/11 beta 1593!
    It's a BOY! Samuel Jacob born 11/2/13 at 38w3d
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have been having symptoms, too and wondering what's going on. I have no ovulation or period to base anything off of, though. The construction zone that is my reproductive system hasn't bothered to give me AF in a couple of years. All has been quiet....not even PMS or anything like it. But about a week and a half ago I got very sore breasts and a backache. Then mild cramps. Then some CM. Then one morning I wiped and found pinkish blood with bits or red. I thought...uh UH. Not my period again! But it wasn't like a regular period I've ever had. I only had to use a panty liner for 3 days or so. Now I'm bloated, have stabs of pain in my breasts and tenderness in the pelvis. I'm goin to the OBGYN in two weeks. First appointment I could get. I don't want to take a HPT...but might break down before two weeks are up and just do it. I'm kind of wondering if I actually ovulated and didn't know it and some sperm found their way through the construction zone...

Thanks

I have these symptoms alot, period is almost 3 mths late (nothing new) have done tests that say negative. I am pretty sure I do not ovulate so wouldnt expect to get pregnant naturally.

I have been getting headaches, feel exhausted, sore boobs etc
    Sarah (29) Hidden Content DH Adam (32)
    TTC 2002
    BFP Oct 2006
    Daughter born 24/5/07
    TTC 2008
    Clomid started 21/3/12
    BFP 29/4/13
    Son born 22/12/13

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Ive had it happen for a few years I spent loads on pregnancy tests and was convinced that I was pregnant, my family laugh at me now so when every I suspect I could be they say that its another phantom pregnancy. So after alot of research I realised that it was just hormones causing the symptoms as there is no difference between PMS an pregnancy symptoms. Therefore I never rely on symptoms anymore just tests which is a bummer and why I hate PCOS!!

Ive had them all in the symptoms in the TWW with no joy, but eveyone is different that is jsut my experience.

Savannah
    Hi, I've had PCOS for a long time Hidden Content
    Im not on any Meds ~ I have High Blood Pressure ~ Not TTC'ing at the moment having a break ~ Need to loose weight & need help Hidden Content

My Blog Hidden Content

Thanks

Yeah from what i have read over the years an ovarian cyst can cause they symptoms as it disrupts the hormones quite badly which causes the side effects you are having at the moment.

Thanks

I am so glad I found this! I actually just joined soulcysters because I have been dealing with the same symptoms for about 2 months now and I thought I was losing my mind. After being diagnosed and losing weight, I have had pretty regular and predictable cycles for the first time in my life. My symptoms were mild the first month, but I did notice that they were more intense than usual. I didn't think too much of it. Then in January I had and extra heavy period with severe cramping. I thought it was over but then about 3 days later it started up again. I think I ended up menstruating for 15 days last month. My cramps were so bad that I actually burnt myself with a heating pad because I was hurting so much I didn't feel it burning my skin. I finally went to my doctor. He did lab work and I had 2 different ultrasounds done which showed that I had cysts on my right ovary. It has been several years since I have had a cyst that caused me to have so many symptoms. I still feel nauseated all the time, bloated, lightheaded at times, and still have pain. These things I expected after getting the results, but I dont remember feeling this exhausted and emotional in the past. I'm usually not a very emotional person but the past few weeks I constantly feel like I'm on the verge of a complete breakdown. I've gotten to a point where I'm struggling to be productive at anything. Sorry this is such a long reply. I guess I'm just relieved to know it's not just me!