Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Still no period 8 days after last Provera Pill

Hi Ladies, 8 days ago, I finished my last Provera pill (I was on 10mg for 10 days). While I was on the Provera, I spotted very lightly for about 3 or 4 days, but I have not had a real flow off of the Provera...I'm getting nervous. Has anyone out there not responded at all to the Provera after finishing the pills? What does it mean if that happens? My body feels so out of whack, and I'm really scared that my hormones are completely off kilter. The doctor says he wants me to come back in this week if I have still not had a period after tomorrow.

Anyone have a similar experience?
    Me: 31, Husband: 38
    Irregular cycles since I was 15 years old
    Formally diagnosed with PCOS and IR in 2010
    Thin cyster, TTC since Aug 2011
    On Yasmin for 1 year, off in Aug 2011
    Supplements: Vitamin Code Prenatal, Vitamin D (2,000iu/day) Metformin 1,500mg,
    B-100 Complex, Metagenics Omega 3s, Biotin, wheatgrass, spearmint tea, red raspberry leaf tea.
    Soy Isoflavones: CD3-4 80mg, CD5-7 160MG
    Hidden Content

Thanks

It can actually take up to 2 weeks for your period to start after your last Provera pill. Waiting is the hardest part.
    Diane-20 ~ PCOS, Hypothyroidism
    Peter-30 ~ Low sperm count
    Married since 02/23/2010
    TTC officially since June 2010
    Chara Rose born May 3, 2013

Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm in the same exact boat. I finished my last provera pill about 8 days ago. I only took them for five days, but AF has yet to rear her ugly little head. The waiting is killing me.
    Hidden Content
    Nikki (33)
    Hidden Content DH: Disney (37): DD (9)
    Hidden Content
    Diagnosed with POF: Jan-2012

Highest FSH Level - 16-Jan-12: 100
    22-Feb-13 - egg retrieval Hidden Content
    24-Feb-13 - transferred one 2d 4-cell embie
    11dpo - BFP!!!!!! Hidden Content ; 14dpo ~ 244; 16dpo~ 465; 23dpo ~3229; 28dpo ~ 10,907

Thanks

Mine took 12 days. But you don't have to have a period before starting a round of fertility meds. The goal is to have a thin uterin linin to start. Lack of a cycle after waiting two weeks may suggest that it is already thin enough. Talk to your doctor after two weeks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm seeing the doctor today to do some more testing. I'm not trying to get a period to start fertility meds, but from what I understand, no bleeding after Provera indicates a very low estrogen level. Without estrogen, it will be near impossible to ovulate on Clomid when I do decide to go on it, thus for many women with very low estrogen levels, Clomid or other ovulation inducing drugs won't work for them. While it's definitely good to have thin uterine lining before starting the fertility meds (this is why a period is induced before Clomid), having a thin lining all of the time due to lack of estrogen is a big problem for getting pregnant on ovulation drugs.
    B-100 Complex, Metagenics Omega 3s, Biotin, wheatgrass, spearmint tea, red raspberry leaf tea.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I just wanted to chime in and let you know that for me it always takes ten days for my period to come after provera. I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks

I take Provera for 5 days every month to induce AF. I normally start within 3 days for last pill. But everyone is different and you could wait up to 2 weeks!! I read on your post that you had a very light spotting while you took it? Could that have been your AF?

Best of luck~
    08/24/2010- DS born @ 30 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome-
    Meds:MET 2000mg,Provera 5mg, Lantus + Apedra (insulin),EPO & Preeseed
    TTC#2-JAN-JUL -> Clomid 50-150mgs ALL FAILED CYCLES Hidden Content JULY 2012-Stroke due to clomid (blood clot)
    SEPT 2012 -on to Femera 5mgs CD3-7-Unmonitored- Praying this works better....
    (7doo-2.4 beta)BFP@10-DPO Beta #1=9.4 !!! BETA #2-26.3 #3 88.03

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks ChicaRossi. My period never fully started after I took the Provera. According to my doctor, spotting while taking Provera does not count as your period. Some women do not get their period after Provera (like me), and this is due to very low estrogen levels. I basically have no uterine lining to shed. I was tested for Premature Ovarian Failure, as this is also sometimes the reason for not bleeding after Provera. Fortunately, I don't have POF, just very low estrogen levels. Annoying!
    Hidden Content