Thanks

Default anyone ever get brown spotting, little red blood, cramps, but no AF?

This is basically the same post as in the ttc forum, but I'm taking Milan's advice and renaming it.

I have absolutely no idea when/if I O'd this cycle. My chart is below, if anyone wants to make a guess.

Last Wednesday, I really thought AF was on her way. I had a tiny bit of spotting (brown) and cramps from h*ll, my usual AF cramps. I was soooo sure it meant AF was starting any time. I have never spotted except the day before and day after AF before, ever.

Well, Thursday came, but no AF. I did have a little bit of red spotting, but not even enough to get a panty liner out for, just noticed on the tp a few times. (sorry if TMI) I still had cramps, but they weren't so bad.

Ever since then, I have had cramps. They aren't nearly as bad, and they aren't constant, but I don't think I've gone more than an hour or two without feeling some.

I did an HPT today and got a BFN.

I'm a bit concerned because I've never had this before and I'm afraid I may be ignoring something I shouldn't because I'm assuming it's related to PCOS or ttc. I haven't changed my meds (not on any), my herbs (Chinese ones, but tablets, so they're the same each week for a while), or diet.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

--KT

Thanks

I sometimes have a little blood and think I'm getting AF but nothing comes of it. Usually when I have the blood is when I go to the bathroom and have to push a little (kwim?). My doctor told me it was normal (for PCOS women). I have the cramps too, but I have not really noticed if they are around the time I have the blood.

Registered User alexandriaangle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default brown spotting

I read this could be due to lack of/low progesterone. I went through that before I was put on provera last April. I switched to prometrium (sp) this last cycle - took from Feb 1 to Feb 10. On the 8th and for the next few days to follow I had that type of discharge (used panty liners it was so little) with lots of cramps but no AF - by the 13th is was gone. I'm suppose to start the pills on day 16 - I started again today since it's about 16 days since the discharge - I am cramping like crazy this afternoon.
    My guess is that I am very low on progesterone again - that the prometrium wasn't enough to kick start the cycle.

Thanks

im going through something very similar....

i usually have spotting two whole days before my AF
    on the 3rd i noticed a LITTLE bit of spotting, only once that day and it was just on the toilet paper and then nothing else....i also broke out all over my face, which is also really common for me when AF is on her way

on the 4th i had no spotting, and by the 5th i still had nothing going on....

today is now the 11th, and i just noticed a bit of light light light red spotting on the toilet paper...

so now i dont know if i should get a pregnancy test or not since im spotting again....
    the only weird thing is, usually i get extremely bad pelvic pain when i have my AF but the only pain im getting is a bit of tummy pain randomly...

anyone i ask about this says its a PCOS thing and my period is always gonna be going nuts and doing its own thing :S :S

Thanks

Hi, I used to get that a lot before I got on BCP's. My GYN doctor told me that was my period. That bcus I didnt have regular cycles the blood was old and came out brown and thicker. (sorry if TMI) and then by the 4the day I'd have a light red staining of blood for like 2 days and then it was finished. THat would happen every 3 months. I'm on BCP's now and my periods are really heavy and painful. I'm getting off of them next month and TTC.... wish me luck!