Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Post PCOS, Weight loss and Diet Pills... recommendations?

Hello, Ive been diagnosed for about six months but have always struggled with my weight. I am now a mighty 20 stone 8 lbs, (288 lbs) so I have a lot to loose!
    I eat incredibly healthy, all fruit and seeds, vegetables and salads and lots of protein, but I havent lost a pound in 12 months
    I dont formally exercise, but I do walk everywhere as I dont have a car.

Im thinking about asking my GP for diet pills..
    Anyone having the same problem?
    Anyone have any diet pill recommendations??

Would love to find a diet buddy that has a lot to loose also.

Thanks

My doctor told me today--lean protein, and veggies. Working out is also key. Maybe you are eating too much fruit that is high in carbs? Also, you should add in some high intense cardio, and some weight training a few times a week too. I've been working out for almost 3 weeks now, and I have only lost maybe a pound...maybe. I think with PCOS it's all about finding the right combo, and being on a pill like metformin to help with insulin resistance. Im trying to get back on the met, but I'm being tosssed around to many doctors and not having any luck! I would try that though!

Thanks

Ladies, you should check out D-Chiro Inositol. Its a natural substance that everyones body produces naturally but in women with pcos we dont make enough. You can get it at chiralbalance.com or other places. i started taking it jan. 13th and ive lost 9 pounds since. my cycle has also gone down to 29 days (its usually about 33-36 days or so). my doctor told me about this (because im trying to get prego naturally with no meds). You can google "studies of dci in women with pcos" and see what comes up but its definately something i would reccomend to anyone. good luck!
    Me(22) & DH(22)
    TTC since late 2009!
    Dx with PCOS in 2010!
    1 Furry Baby (Bella Jo- Mini-Poodle)
    "The only dream i have ever had is to be a mother"

.·:*¨¨*:·.MAKE.·:*¨¨*:·.A.·:*¨¨*:·.CHOICE.·:*¨2¨*: ·.
    TAKE.·:*¨¨*:·.A.·:*¨¨*:·CHANCE..·:*¨¨*:·.OR.·:*¨¨* :·.
    YOUR.·:*¨¨*:·.LIFE.·:*¨¨*:·.WILL.·:*¨¨*:·.NEVER.·: *¨¨*:·.CHANGE.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

C,
    You have to be careful with the fruits and veggies. There are lists out there that show you the best ones to eat for people with our condition. I have insulin resistance also which most women with pcos suffer as well. The sugars and the carbs in certain fruits do not help our situation at all, but make it worse. You can have a lot of sugar spikes if you eat certain fruits and veggies.
    I personally have not taken any diet pills, but I would be willing to try anything at this point.
    Good luck with everything!

Thanks

For fruits, berries and melons are usually good - not too much natural sugar. Anything citrus, apples, pears, and bananas are very high in sugar, so you should only eat them in moderation. For vegetables, pretty much anything green is a safe bet, as well as tomatoes, onions, and most types of squash. Carrots, corn, and potatoes are really starchy and can spike your blood sugar. If you do eat them, make sure to eat them with protein and fat, because this will even out your blood sugar a bit. Anything grain, even whole grains, will spike your blood sugar (whole grains are better than white, but I still can't eat them at all).
    As for diet pills, I really can't give you many recommendations there, as I've never tried them. I would avoid the ones that lower cortisol (I don't know the names), because when you go off of them, your body might start over-producing cortisol and make you gain a lot of weight again.

Thanks

I have tried a pill called Addapex, it decreases your appetite, and raises your energy level... I stayed on a 1200 calorie a day life style change and lost almost 30lbs in a month I was at 290 and got down to 260 I felt great and even got a few periods out of it... The only down side it they can only put you on it for 3 months at a time since it can cause some problems with the heart. My Gyno prescribes it to PCOS woman cause she said it is a quick way to get some of the weight off which helps PCOS!

Thanks

Hello

I have to limit the amount of fruit I eat. Also, nuts are so high in energy - pretty scary! So I limit those too.

I'm trying to lose weight the natural way. Sadly, I really don't think there is an easy way out...

Best of luck to you!
    xx

Thanks

I very much recommend www.caloriecount.about.com. It allows you to count calories in and calories out! I've lost 8 pounds in a month doing this. It's just so you are aware of how much you're eating and it really doesnt take long at all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.Greenwood View Post
    Hello, Ive been diagnosed for about six months but have always struggled with my weight. I am now a mighty 20 stone 8 lbs, (288 lbs) so I have a lot to loose!
    I eat incredibly healthy, all fruit and seeds, vegetables and salads and lots of protein, but I havent lost a pound in 12 months
    I dont formally exercise, but I do walk everywhere as I dont have a car.

Im thinking about asking my GP for diet pills..
    Anyone having the same problem?
    Anyone have any diet pill recommendations??

Would love to find a diet buddy that has a lot to loose also.
    hey!
    rather than going 4 medicines you should try pills made from natural products. They are much more trustworthy n even dont cause side effects
    you can find info abt pills made from natural products from various websites. You may try a product named fatflux its ingredients are natural and has least side effects

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoAlly View Post
    Hello

I have to limit the amount of fruit I eat. Also, nuts are so high in energy - pretty scary! So I limit those too.

I'm trying to lose weight the natural way. Sadly, I really don't think there is an easy way out...

Best of luck to you!
    xx
    I know how you feel. I never had a weight problem until after having my DD. Suddenly, I went from skinny to fat in less than 6 months. People didn't recognize me. I was depressing and I pretty much hide from everyone during that time. I dieted. I exercised. I gained even more weight. Then I did some research on calories, metabolism, carbohydrates and ect. It just didn't make sense. I was doing everything right, but my body was doing the wrong thing with everything I put in my mouth. I took it to the extreme. I fasted for 2 days. For two weeks I only ate 1 meal a day, that I stretched thoughout the day. Thereafter, I only ate about 800 calories a day. this is totally bad, but it was the only thing that got the scale moving.

What I did everyone frowns upon. It is bad. BUT, I eat normally now and I run 5 miles a day. I also strength train. I have maintained my weight for two years now. Just last week, I saw a report on tv. Funny, it said some people need to "fast" before they diet in order to loose weight.

Honorary SoulCyster arleneangle's Avatar
    Thanks

It is so interesting.

Thanks

ladies, how did you start decreasing carbs? I love carbs, so this will be tricky. Any tips would be most appreciated! =)

Thanks

I have the same problem, been ttc for over 5years with out medication, I'm about to start metformin next week somtime, my doctor has prescribed me duromine for weightloss, been in it a week now and have lost 900g ( that's pretty good for me) I have an appointment on the 10th sept with the fertility clinic, I'm hoping my Bmi will be down to 27-28 by then as its currently 30 and they won't give me clomid till its down, any tips for rapid weightloss???

Thanks

Even Dr. Oz promotes alternating 2 low calorie days- 800 calories .... then a regular day of 1500 to 2000 calories.
    Your Fellow Cyster, still learning about PCOS
    Hidden Content Pam

from Missouri, age 42, dx with PCOS at 36
    mother of 4, ages: 20, 18, 14, 13 & our adopted 1 yr old
    married to Lonnie

I have went through 3 GYN surgeries...last one on 7-26-12, was total hysterectomywith removal of adhesions around everything...OH & they found a HERNIA- so yep another surgery coming up

Thanks

What's that in kilo joules