I started taking Met in November while my DH and I were on a mini vacation. Day two of the vaca (also day two of 500 mg of Met)he and I stopped at an artisan cheese shop and decided to pick up a few unique varieties (he and I are both foodies). Back at the hotel later that night we decided to make ourselves a little cheese and fruit tray and just watch a movie and relax. He got everything ready and brought it over to the bed. As soon as I brought a piece of the cheese close to my face all I could smell was what I can only describe as "old, moldy cheese". It made me incredibly nauseous. I couldn't eat a bite of any of the cheeses because I couldn't get that smell out of my nostrils. DH wrapped the cheeses up and put them in the fridge and we had to actually go out for a walk because the smell was so bad to me. I chalked it up to the cheeses just being super pungent varieties and I hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks, so I figured that was all it was.
The thing is that I still haven't been able to shake that smell. Cheese ALWAYS smells bad to me now. But that isn't the real problem. The real problem is that I will still smell rotten cheese even when there is no cheese in sight! I'll smell it when I'm out in the pasture, when I'm in the shower, when I'm at work, when I'm getting my hair done- I'll even wake up in the middle of the night dry heaving because I'm smelling rotten cheese! Has anyone else had this problem? Does met make your sense of smell weird? It's gotten to the point that I smell it so often I don't even gag anymore. It still makes me queasy, though. Tips? Tricks? Am I just crazy? Help!