Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Registered User zugora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    post Useful Thryoid Labs: Can this be a "Sticky"?

    TSH is not the lone indicator of thyroid dysfunction. You need to have a full thyroid panel done (despite what most doctors say). Here is what you need:

    - Anit-TPO AND Thyroglobulin AB: Both of these thyroid antibodies to test for Hashimoto's. You can have a "normal" TSH, but have thyroid antibodies. This means you have Hashimoto's and you need to be treated (despite the "normal" TSH reading).
    - TSH: AACE lowered the hypothyroidism cut-off to be 3.0 instead of 5.0. Anything over 3.0, should be considered for treatment. Most docs still rely on the old lab values.
    - Free T3
    - Free T4: The optimal level for both Free T3 and Free T4 should be in the upper third of the range. The FREES are VERY important to get tested for. You can have a "normal" TSH, but have out-of-range FT3 and FT4.
    - T3
    - T4
    - Reverse T3
    -Complete blood work-up: Including ANA antibodies (for general autoimmune disorders), ferritin (iron), cortisol, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12.

    Check out "Recommended Labwork" at Stop the Thyroid Madness: and ask your doc to be tested for all of this. It is within your right. If your doc won't listen, fire him/her and try finding a new one at the following website (Thyroid Top Doctors), where reviewers recommend doctors who they have had good luck with and who tend to think "outside of the box": . Scroll down to search either within the U.S. (by state) or internationally. Hope this helps someone. This is where I found my doc who discovered my Free T3 and Free T4 were in the gutter. Good luck!
    Last edited by zugora; 02-15-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    125 Height: 5'4

    • PCOS
    • Hypothyroid
    • Positive ANA Antibodies

    Medication/Supplements: Armour Thyroid, Fish Oil

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zugora For This Useful Post:

    rmt2104 (04-07-2012),spooncyster (05-08-2014)

  3. #2
    Registered User Bioidentical Hormones8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    i just did the reverse t3 blood tests for thyroid call trubalance healthcare in toronto 647 884 0663 they help me with my pcos - they have dcotors across canada who deal with complicated hormones -they help my husband and I with hormone issues - good luck - reese


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts