Thanks

Unhappy Help why am I getting postive opk after ovulation

Hello ladies I am going through a rough patch right now and I am beginning to worry about when I ovulated. I have been tracking my ovulation for about a year now and I usually ovulate around cycle 18 or 19. I took a opk and it was positive on cycle day 18 and I got crosshairs on cycle day cycle day 22 meaning I o'd on cycle day 19. Ok I was curious so I started taking opks again because I started cramping again monday night needless to say I took an opk yesterday and it was almost as dark as the control line and it took an opk this morning and it was dark as the control like. WTH is going on???

I am afraid I have too much LH in my system. Does this mean I didn't ovulate? Should I change my O date to today. My temps are up infact they have been kind slow rising.
    Temps since O was
    cycle day 18 97.24 eggwhite cm
    cyle day 19 97.59 ff said I O'd
    cycle day 20 97.76
    cycle day 21 97.81
    cycle day 22 97.88 almost positive opk creamy cm
    cycle day 23 98.21 positive opk creamy cm (this is where I am today)

I am so confused about what is going on. My period is due in 11 days. If somebody has any insight and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Am I out this month?, did I even ovulate??? I am getting so fustrated with this whole process. My dh and I have been trying for over 12 years and I am almost at the point to giving up. I experience my first bfp last february (27th) that ended in an 8 week miscarriage. I got pregnant again in october and experienced a chemical pregnancy. Please ladies help me off the ledge because I am about the fall off. I turned 35 years old last month and I feel that I am running out of time.

Sorry for such a long post. TIA to those to take the time to read and respond to my message.
    Hidden Content me hide i'm not hiding who' afraid of the big bad pcos not me Hidden Content

BFP: 2/27/2011 Hidden Content

M/C'd at 8 wks: 3/10/2011Hidden Content

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,946 Times in 2,272 Posts

Are you doing any meds or did you trigger? Did you get negatives before you got the + on cd18? Was your last period normal?
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Lucey View Post
    Are you doing any meds or did you trigger? Did you get negatives before you got the + on cd18? Was your last period normal?
    thanks katie for responding. The only meds I take are prenatal vitamins and 1500mgs of metformin and I didnt take a trigger. all of the test before the 18th we negative and went back to negative on cycle day 19 until cycle day 23 (today), I just another test about 10 minutes ago and the this time the test line was darker than the control line. my last period was lighter than usual in fact I thought it was over because it went away on the 3rd day and came back light again at the end of the 4th day. I9 really dont know what to think.
    Hidden Content me hide i'm not hiding who' afraid of the big bad pcos not me Hidden Content

Thanks

What brand of opk did you use?

Thanks

What are your temps looking like? Is there a clear temp shift to support ovulation on cd19?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    What brand of opk did you use?
    wondfo but I backed it up with a clearblue easy digital too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    What are your temps looking like? Is there a clear temp shift to support ovulation on cd19?
    Yes I believe so, my temps have went from 97.79 to 98.21 in the last four days since supposed ovulation. Today my temp was 98.21 even with the positive opk. This are my normal temps after O the highest it has been is around 98.5. That usually doesn't come until later in the cycle. So I guess I can do is wait and see what happens. Either AF is going to show up in 11 days or I am going to get a bfp. I am just baffled as to why I would be getting positive opks after ovulation.
    Thanks ladies for responding.

Thanks

Hey Stacey.... I have no idea why this happens, I wish I could be more help there but I just wanted to share that this just happened to me also. I had good EWCM and a postive OPK on CD17 with a clear and obvious temp shift on CD18 and a couple days later I decided to take another OPK just for the heck of it and it was clearly positve again except now my CM was sticky non fertile stuff. Yesterday I started AF and my LP is always 16 days so it confirms that I did indeed ovulate on CD 18 like I first thought. It sounds like the same thing has happened to you, I would definitely say that you had a clear temp shift and that you did ovualte on CD 19 like first thought. Now Ive decided that once I get a clear temp shift the OPKs are getting locked away until next cycle unless I notice EWCM.
    Hidden Content Grace (31) & Hidden Content Rob (36)
    Married 2/19/02 (11 years)
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2003
    Started TTC 12/07
    Finally a BFP 5/3/11, after 3 1/2 years, conceived using fertility research drug (I think Femara)
    Hidden Content Missed miscarriage 5/28/11, at 7 weeks, but not officially confirmed until 10 weeks
    Started trying again 9/2011 with 9 cycles on Femara all BFN.
    Got BFP on 9/28/12 naturally while on break from fertility meds.
    Ended up being ectopic and ended 10/12 with methotrexate Hidden Content

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robngrace4ever For This Useful Post:

Katie_Lucey (02-16-2012),stacey99 (02-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robngrace4ever View Post
    Hey Stacey.... I have no idea why this happens, I wish I could be more help there but I just wanted to share that this just happened to me also. I had good EWCM and a postive OPK on CD17 with a clear and obvious temp shift on CD18 and a couple days later I decided to take another OPK just for the heck of it and it was clearly positve again except now my CM was sticky non fertile stuff. Yesterday I started AF and my LP is always 16 days so it confirms that I did indeed ovulate on CD 18 like I first thought. It sounds like the same thing has happened to you, I would definitely say that you had a clear temp shift and that you did ovualte on CD 19 like first thought. Now Ive decided that once I get a clear temp shift the OPKs are getting locked away until next cycle unless I notice EWCM.
    Thank you grace, I decided to test again out of curiosity also and my Cm was sticky/creamy/thick. So I safe to assume that I did ovulate on cycle day 19. Like you my opks will be locked away until the next cycle unless I see ewcm. When I got my postive on the cd 18 I had ewcm also the cd 19 along with ovary pain. I took an opk a few minutes ago and it has a second line but is clearly a negative test. Thank you such for responding it has helped me out tremendously to know that somebody else has experience the same thing. I am expecting AF on the 26th which will be my usual 15 day lp. I hope and pray that I get pregnant again but if not I am fine with that too. Good luck to your grace and I pray that you get your bfp soon and so sorry about your loss.