Thanks

Default What is this Cervical Mucus Blob or Globule??

I baffled. Does anyone have this and what does it mean???

I'm a thin-cyster and have PCOS, but have regulated my cycles to 30 days ever since going on a strict Paleo diet (practically zero sugar and carbs). Anyways, around day 14 or 15 (brace yourself, this is kinda gross), when I go to the bathroom and wipe, I get a LARGE blob of yellowish/light brown cervical mucus that comes out. It looks like a large glob of rubber cement or jelly. It really startles me because it is HUGE and comes out like a big blob. It only comes out once (not consistently coming out all day) and it's not from sex or semen. The next day after it comes out, I appear to be ovulating and I'm back to what appears to be a normal-looking clear, stretchy (egg-white consistency) cervical mucus?

Does anyone know what this blob is, or what it is from??? I tried Googling it, but the only thing that I've come up with that sounds like it is "cervical mucus plug". However, I'm not pregnant and this happens every cycle right before the clear, stretchy "ovulation-type" discharge. Does anyone have a clue what this is??
    Last edited by zugora; 02-26-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    -----------------------
    Weight:
    125 Height: 5'4
    Diagnosis:

• PCOS
    • Hypothyroid
    • Positive ANA Antibodies

Medication/Supplements: Armour Thyroid, Fish Oil

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

Does this happen every month? Are you drinking enough water? The light brown makes me think it's old blood causing the color, and typically the thicker your body secretions the more dehydrated you are. If it's occurring the day before you ovulate it could be a bit of blood from the follicle beginning to burst.

I'd probably ask your doctor next time you talk with them. I doubt it's serious but still worth asking about.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defygravity View Post
    Does this happen every month? Are you drinking enough water? The light brown makes me think it's old blood causing the color, and typically the thicker your body secretions the more dehydrated you are. If it's occurring the day before you ovulate it could be a bit of blood from the follicle beginning to burst.

I'd probably ask your doctor next time you talk with them. I doubt it's serious but still worth asking about.
    Yep, every month ever since having a regular monthly cycle. I never had this before when I had periods sporadically. I drink ALOT of water, so I think I'm hydrated. So weird. My periods have been coming every month, but they are light. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with a hormonal imbalance. I also just discovered that I'm hypothyroid.
    Last edited by zugora; 02-26-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    -----------------------
    Weight:
    Diagnosis:

• PCOS
    • Hypothyroid

Thanks

Any other thoughts, ladies?? Thank you so much.
    -----------------------
    Weight:
    Diagnosis:

• PCOS
    • Hypothyroid

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

I don't know much about the thyroid, so I can't say if it's related. Sorry I don't have much info for you - but I hope someone else does.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I get this. I am am on levothyroxine for my thyroid... 150 mg :/ I have it after I have been on bc for a while then as soon as I ovulate (I guess :/) I have had it either clear or the pale brown.. Idk...
    Metformin Extended Release 2000mg
    Levothyroxine 100mcg
    Tri-Nessa Tablets 28's

Thanks

I have this every month as well, sometimes mine is tinged pink. I also am Hypothyroid. But this has been happening for quite a while, before hypothyroid diagnosis. I just assumed it was normal.