Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Herbs and infertility! Does anyone have experience with maca root??

Hey Ladies

I posted this in another forum but I figured it would be better suited here. I need some advice.

So I've been doing some research online about herbs that can help with fertility (in both men and women) and I've come across quite a few people talking about something called Maca Root. I am currently taking Natures Way Femaprin and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Maca Root and if so what did it do for you. Is it safe to take with Femaprin (vitex) and would the capsules or the powdered version work better? From what I've read it is a lot like femaprin because it has an effect on your hormones without actually containing any hormones itself.

Here's a little bit of information I've come across for those who haven't heard of Maca before.

http://hethir.hubpages.com/hub/maca
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/maca
    http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/blog...ibido-and-more

Thanks
    Hidden Content Me (26) - DH (27)
    3 Fur BabiesHidden Content
    TTC for 2 years
    BFP- March 29th 2012 - YAY!!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User worshipwarriormt's Avatar
    Thanks

I took Maca root for a year and didn't notice anything happening in my body except an increase of sex drive. As for it helping with fertility I have no clue...I'm not trying to have kids at this point, but I do want to heal my body so when I do It won't be an issue. I took maca in powder form...and for me the taste was gross, but I am wiling to down anything to help my body at this point.

Thanks

Dh and I both took Maca a while back for about 3-4 months and had no noticable difference at all. I've read that it's supposed to be great for both men and women but it didn't really do much for either of us so we nixed it. I also tryed vitex for about 6 months and again...Nothing I'm sure these are great herbs and work for some women, just didn't work for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your feedback guys!! I'm sorry it didn't work well for you guys. I'm going to give it 4-5 months and see what it does. From what Ive been told, with herbal supplements you have to give them several months to do their magic. I hope it works for me....even if it's just the increased sex drive 💏 we could do with a little more of that!!
    Hidden Content Me (26) - DH (27)
    3 Fur BabiesHidden Content
    TTC for 2 years
    BFP- March 29th 2012 - YAY!!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

was on maca when i concieved in 2010, but i did a body cleanse by cutting back on sweets and taking some cleansing herb. it works
    My Meds - 1500mg Metformin, June 2nd-9th ,2010 = Menopur / Bravelle CD5 - CD9, Pregnyl 10,000 iu CD10
    South Beach Diet and Lots of Prayers ......Hidden Content Hidden Content BFP!!! 29th June, 2010.

TTC #2 menopur injects, November 6-10 trigger14 nov, Bfp #2
    Verily, His Command (GOD), When He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is! Quran 36:82

Hidden Content