Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default bleeding after... (TMI)

Hey girls,

Is it common with PCOS to spot slightly (only on the tissue) after an orgasm or stimulation?
    sorry if this is tmi. it doesnt happen all the time but sometimes happens even when nothing is put up there if you catch my drift.

thanks for any help provided.

Thanks

I don;t know if it's normal with PCOS but if I O I inevitably start bleeding, not just spotting, but bleeding.
    Just taking Estelle-35ED, and putting up with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biffa View Post
    Hey girls,

Is it common with PCOS to spot slightly (only on the tissue) after an orgasm or stimulation?
    sorry if this is tmi. it doesnt happen all the time but sometimes happens even when nothing is put up there if you catch my drift.

thanks for any help provided.
    Hi biffa! I just wanted to let you know that it is possible for this to happen for women with PCOS. Actually, the reason why I went to see my doc is not because I missed a few periods (because that was so normal for me), but because I started to spot after sex. My doc told me that this is common for women with PCOS. My spotting was usually just brown discharge.
    Ashley (27) DH Hidden Content (30)
    11/5/12 - MMC at 8w4d
    DD born 11/7/2013 at 40w2d. We are so in love!
    06/13 - Chemical pregnancy

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

I've occasionally bled after sex but usually only of the penetrative kind. If it's just a bit of brown on the tissue, it could be old blood "shaken loose" by orgasm. Especially if it's not too long after your period, or mid-cycle when you could be O'ing.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Thats how my doctor told me that I have this 2 days ago. I was bleeding a bit but bright red blood for 5 additional days right after my usually 7 days menstrual period. My doctor said it might be a result of the uterus contracting from an orgasm and that spilles out the blood sometimes.

Thanks

I have had that happen to me a few times where I'd start spotting after having sex a couple days after the period... Most of the time I just thought that maybe it was the fact that its been a while so I wasn't used to the size. But this makes sense... well sorta, I guess Tanks for the info
    Goal #1 Ticker
    Hidden Content
    Ultimate Goal
    Hidden Content

Goal
    #1: 200| Goal #2: 175 (out of obesity)| Goal #3: 150 (out of overweight)| Ultimate Goal: 130

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have always wanted to ask that question. Also and the is TMI but I spot after a bowel movement sometimes or exercise too! It is soo weird because I NEVER have a period but I will just spot after these activities

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ifonly... For This Useful Post:

MrsMack86 (03-28-2012)

Thanks

I'm spotting after almost every time we have sex now. It really bothers me. I feel like I always need to go and check to see if I'm "all clear" before we start in case hubby is planning extra extra fun for me.

Thanks

The only few times I've bled after sex was when I was pregnant. Around the time when you'd expect implantation spotting. I wasn't TTC then so didn't even think of it at the time! I do think it can be normal at times though, especially around O or AF. Still a good idea to run it by your doc though.
    me 28 (Lean PCOS) Hidden Content dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    TTC naturally until July 2012, BFNs
    August 2012-February 2013- 6 rounds of Clomid, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFNs
    Since then....: several cycles of soy isos, O'd, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF December 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MargieA View Post
    I'm spotting after almost every time we have sex now. It really bothers me. I feel like I always need to go and check to see if I'm "all clear" before we start in case hubby is planning extra extra fun for me.
    Do you think he is bumping into your cervix? That's normally what happens when I bleed a little - it's usually from extra-deep penetration.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I've been having the same issue for about a mth, I went to my ob, and she didn't really give me any response. She just told me that it could be AF, but not for a mth. If I have Sex, BM, or workout, I will bleed(TMI) sorry. It kinda gets in the way of having fun, with the DH. Thanks for posting!!

Thanks

Have your dr check for a polyp too! That is what caused mine
    Me - Nicole 31 and Hubby - Floyd 36
    Together 14yrs and Married 10yrs
    Three kiddos: Nathan 16, Breonna 14, and Camden 3 all by the miracle of adoption!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defygravity View Post
    Do you think he is bumping into your cervix? That's normally what happens when I bleed a little - it's usually from extra-deep penetration.

It could be. I had laser ablation in November and another colposcopy since then so my cervix is sensitive. When I mentioned it to my OBGYN though she said it could either be that or spotting from the PCOS.

Thanks

my gyn told me i had a fragile cervix because i have pink to red blood after penitration with or with out O and when the dr touches the cervix with a q tip or finger i bleed but it wasnt anything i needed to worry about
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    24, femLE, NY, his name JOE 1-23-2009
    i need help
    humilin r 500, tramadol, walbutrin, visteral, prilocet, promethazine,

Dx PCOS, double Diabetes1 & 2, Neuropathy, depression, hypothyroid, spinal stenosis,

Thanks

I've just started having this problem - although we've barely been having sex for the last 6 months anyway because I'm having issues with my fibroids at the moment, everything down there is pretty uncomfortable and I've had what seems like endless doctors poking and prodding at me so I'm generally feeling at my most unsexy. On the few occasions we've done anything, regardless of where I am in my cycle (such as it is...even though I'm on BCPs my periods arrive whenever they feel like it), the next morning I've found that I've started bleeding and I have to wear tampons for the next few days. I also get period-pain type cramps after orgasm, which isn't exactly making me feel like having sex. Very frustrated and fed up of the whole situation!