Thanks

Default OMG I need tests run, can someone help me figure out which doctors are right for me?

I am on free health insurance until I'm 21(11 more months) since my husband and I don't have a lot of income, so I saw this as an opportunity to get more blood tests and ultrasounds to figure out what's wrong with me.

Since my hair is still falling out, I want to test for thyroid, testosterone, vitamin d, and whatever else could cause it first before anything else. I also want to test for insulin resistance for the heck of it since a lot of women with PCOS do, right? My last tests I'm not in a rush to do would be seeing if I had endometriosis since I get bad pain before period starting from 5dpo until period arrives(is that a lap to check for it?) and I also get pain in my belly button a couple days before period arrives so I thought it was a hernia that I feel when I am bloated(don't know how to diagnose that). Yeah, I have serious issues with my body. lol

Anyways it's confusing because I'm not sure if I want to go to a regular family doctor/general doctor, whatever they call it. Does an endocrinologist run all those tests, what would be the best thing to do since I have a variety of issues?

I'm staying away from treating infertility because they don't cover that, so I'll have to wait for an hsg to check tubes. The only fertility treatment in the next month is my husbands SA, so if anyone could tell me who to go to for that, that'd be awesome.

My PCOS b/w and u/s came back normal September of last year, I think because they didn't do it on CD3 as usual, so do any of the tests I want run on me require me to be CD3, or can I have them anytime in my cycle?

Sorry for so many questions, there is a huge book of doctors available to me, so I'm overwhelmed at what is best for my situation or what way to go.
    Diane-20 ~ PCOS, Hypothyroidism
    Peter-30 ~ Low sperm count
    Married since 02/23/2010
    TTC officially since June 2010
    Chara Rose born May 3, 2013

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

I'd definitely try for an Endo. Not an RE, just a regular endo. Tell them about your history, your symptoms, and what you'd like to have tested.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defygravity For This Useful Post:

Diane92 (03-16-2012)

Thanks

Endo, and if your insurance will help a CHiropractor can be VERY helpful in the treatment of PCOS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dior For This Useful Post:

Diane92 (03-16-2012)

Thanks

How does a chiropractor help? Never heard of that before.
    Married since 02/23/2010

Hidden Content

Thanks

A chiropractor, would help more in the nutritional aspect of PCOS. They say your spine has nerves that effect how your organs work. Honestly though I do like them more for diet advice, holistic herbs meds. I usually only get cracked if I am sick or feel a cold coming on, and I get over it a lot quicker. I think regular dr are only good when it comes to emergency care. Dr just put a bandaid on the problem, here take metformin, or BC pills. When in fact you need to dig deeper. I don't think PCOS is genetic. I think JMHO that it is diet stress related. The Dr will tell you otherwise. I have seen people follow the FDA diet, or the american diabetic diet, and they are still fat or sick. I have NEVER seen a fat/sick hippie. I took met for a little awhile the hair on my face got worse. I stopped taking it, cut sugar out, and bam I got a period with sore, boobs, and cramps. I seen a girl yesterday on SC that was talking about a candida diet cured her pcos. I think there is so much truth to what she said.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dior View Post
    I have NEVER seen a fat/sick hippie.
    I'm not sure what your definition of "hippie" is here, but I have definitely known fat hippies and sick hippies. Just like all the other kinds of people.
    Emily (36) & DH Kevin (37), married 10/24/10
    9/22/12 ECTOPIC pregnancy
    10/17 Clomid cycle, no response
    12/1 Higher dose clomid cycle - O, BFN
    1/3 Follistim cycle - OHSS, Chemical pregnancy
    2/11 Follistim cycle 2, lower dose - BFP 3/4! EDD 11/13/13
    3/6 beta 197, p4 33.6! 3/11 beta 1593!
    It's a BOY! Samuel Jacob born 11/2/13 at 38w3d
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PetiteFlower For This Useful Post:

defygravity (03-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteFlower View Post
    I'm not sure what your definition of "hippie" is here, but I have definitely known fat hippies and sick hippies. Just like all the other kinds of people.
    Holy cow, no joke. I call my parents hippies, and my mom has been sick for 10 years with all kinds of stomach, GI, and heart problems. My dad was overweight for years... damn the munchies.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Well most down to earth people I know that I would call hippies eat VERY natural. So I have never seen a sick looking one . There are reports that MJ smokers are less likely to be overweight. I can say that the times, I have smoked MJ are the times I asked myself do I really need to eat that. WHen you vaporize MJ you check and balance yourself. This is just my own opinions. I never really had munchies lol while stoned.

http://www.care2.com/causes/will-mar...se-weight.html
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/0...r-body-weight/

Thanks

Well I'm far from overweight, I'm actual a thin cyster, still slightly underweight since I'm 5 feet and only weigh 100, but a lot of the weight I gained when my hormones went crazy is around stomach. If I lost it I'd be underweight again, I have a fast metabolism. Mine issue is finding a diet that keeps my weight on, even helping me gain weight if possible, and it's hard since I can't have dairy. Lol. I look I guess like a healthy hippie, but certainly am not.
    Married since 02/23/2010

Hidden Content

Thanks

hehe I am 5'0 I used to be 100lbs..... After baby though the PCOS is worse, and my weight is the highest it has been. A chiropractor will be your best bet. Good Luck your avatar is beautiful btw!

Thanks

Aww so sweet thank you and thanks for the advice.
    Married since 02/23/2010

Hidden Content